E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Prolume HID bulb acting up.. (Umnitza)?? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=402298)

jstar41 09-14-2006 11:12 PM

Prolume HID bulb acting up.. (Umnitza)??

hello all.. it has been a while since i posted.. anyways.. my right Prolumen bulb is acting up.. well i'm not sure if it's the bulb or the ballast.. when i turn my fogs ON both bulbs go ON.. about 30 secs later the right bulb goes out.. i thought it was the bulb that died but then I shut the fogs OFF and turned back ON and they both light up again.. about 30 secs later the right one goes out again.. so i do this for a couple of times and then the bulb stays ON.. not sure what's going on.. any ideas??
I bought this kit from Umnitza last year.. anyone know what's the warraty on this kit.. this is a great HID Kit, i just hope it's a quick fix.

thanks!!:hi:

PreppyR6 09-14-2006 11:16 PM

Side note, gorgeous car man, I love it

Good luck with the fogs

jstar41 09-14-2006 11:22 PM

^^ thanks bro..

I just read on another thread that the ProLumen kit have a lifetime warranty..

any ideas what it may be before i contact umnitza?

n3985 09-15-2006 01:57 AM

Your symptoms sound like the HID bulb is dying, the easiest way to check is to swap the bulbs, and see. IF the left side bulb is on the right when tested, and the samething happens, then you know it's the ballast. Good luck :)

bave46rider 09-19-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstar41 (Post 4873079)
hello all.. it has been a while since i posted.. anyways.. my right Prolumen bulb is acting up.. well i'm not sure if it's the bulb or the ballast.. when i turn my fogs ON both bulbs go ON.. about 30 secs later the right bulb goes out.. i thought it was the bulb that died but then I shut the fogs OFF and turned back ON and they both light up again.. about 30 secs later the right one goes out again.. so i do this for a couple of times and then the bulb stays ON.. not sure what's going on.. any ideas??
I bought this kit from Umnitza last year.. anyone know what's the warraty on this kit.. this is a great HID Kit, i just hope it's a quick fix.

thanks!!:hi:

They supposedly have lifetime warranty, so whether it's your ballast or bulb or igniter that's bad, the vendor should replace it for you for free. Give them a call.

Tutankhamon 09-19-2006 02:36 PM

As another has stated, simply swap the bulbs and see if these symptoms follow the bulb or remain with the ballast.

Edison@JleviSW 09-19-2006 07:28 PM

Yep, swap the bulbs independently, then the ballasts, then the igniters to determine what exactly is at fault.

jstar41 10-11-2006 07:23 PM

thanks Umnitza.. I did not even have to contact them.. they contacted me once i posted.. excellent customer service and warranty!!