E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Food Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   the REAL best sandwich around - the fat sandwiches (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=407755)

bmwti 10-03-2006 06:35 PM

the REAL best sandwich around - the fat sandwiches
 
enough with the silly frescata sandwichs. get over your In & Out burgers. The best sandwichs around are from the Rutgers grease trucks. For a "man's" sandwich, try eating a "fat b1tch". It's chicken fingers, mozz sticks, cheesesteak, french fries, lettuce, and ketchup in a warm italian roll of goodness. It will kill you, but damn it tastes great.



It's actually one of the popular sandwich combinations found at the grease trucks on Rutgers Campus, and they're extremely popular.

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/072206_14311.jpg


and before you laugh it off, and say it's a silly NJ thing. consider this, the August 2004 issue of MAXIM magazine, ran an article of the top ten sandwiches in the United States. Number one on the list was the "Fat Darrel", a similar sandwich combination from the same grease trucks in new brunswick. They've also appeared in numerous specials on the food network. So yeah, they really are that good.

if you're ever in the New Brunswick, NJ area I definitely suggest you take a bite. :o)

Elefant 10-03-2006 06:36 PM

i had something from there, i forget what it was called, it had honey mustard on it and chicken

skeemr4 10-03-2006 06:49 PM

What I've been sayin forever!!!! Nothing better than a Fat ***** after a heavy night of drinkin....I miss RU!

RobK732 10-03-2006 08:59 PM

Hell yeah i always get the "FAT B1tch", **** is the best!

ininfinitum 10-03-2006 09:08 PM

Damn, that sounds good!

dave_88 10-03-2006 09:13 PM

^^^^Werd, taht does sound good. A 40 min drive to clog my arteries, is it worth it?

ininfinitum 10-03-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave_88 (Post 4956981)
^^^^Werd, taht does sound good. A 40 min drive to clog my arteries, is it worth it?

DO it! If I could, I would.

BTW, You guys have Pot Belly's in NJ? :drool:

chopstik 10-03-2006 09:25 PM

ahhh...grease trucks....nothing like grabbing a sandwich from the grease trucks, going back to the dorms, eating it....then going back to get another.....

amitv85 10-03-2006 09:30 PM

Cherry Valley in NY (whitestone and hempstead)

The Corona - chicken cutlet, melted cheddar, bacon and bbq sauce on a roll or hero

:drool:

or the "lite and easy"

grilled turkey, bacon, french fries, and gravy

polorl57 10-03-2006 09:56 PM

fat elvis is my choice!!! sooo yummy

Gucki83 10-03-2006 10:03 PM

:puke:

Mike Larry 10-04-2006 12:16 AM

werd to that, i get a fat ***** everytime i go to RU.

USCTrojanMan29 10-04-2006 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwti (Post 4956375)
enough with the silly frescata sandwichs. get over your In & Out burgers. The best sandwichs around are from the Rutgers grease trucks. For a "man's" sandwich, try eating a "fat b1tch". It's chicken fingers, mozz sticks, cheesesteak, french fries, lettuce, and ketchup in a warm italian roll of goodness. It will kill you, but damn it tastes great.



It's actually one of the popular sandwich combinations found at the grease trucks on Rutgers Campus, and they're extremely popular.

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/072206_14311.jpg


and before you laugh it off, and say it's a silly NJ thing. consider this, the August 2004 issue of MAXIM magazine, ran an article of the top ten sandwiches in the United States. Number one on the list was the "Fat Darrel", a similar sandwich combination from the same grease trucks in new brunswick. They've also appeared in numerous specials on the food network. So yeah, they really are that good.

if you're ever in the New Brunswick, NJ area I definitely suggest you take a bite. :o)

Sorry, looks like one mess of a sandwich with just random items just stuffed into a roll...:eek: In'N'Out > fat biatch sandwich :read:

Mike Larry 10-04-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 (Post 4958039)
Sorry, looks like one mess of a sandwich with just random items just stuffed into a roll...:eek: In'N'Out > fat biatch sandwich :read:

how many people in this thread have had both? :hi:

fat b1tches are better

RobK732 10-04-2006 01:59 AM

i've had both, i lived in edison NJ and would go to the bars in Brunswick every weekend and would get a Fat B1tch from the trucks, they are awsome. I moved to cali and in and out is awsome too. It just depends what your in the mood for. the Fat sandwiches are great cause your drunk and your eating this big a$$ sub with everything you like all mixed up it's great

M3_POWER 10-04-2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwti (Post 4956375)
enough with the silly frescata sandwichs. get over your In & Out burgers. The best sandwichs around are from the Rutgers grease trucks. For a "man's" sandwich, try eating a "fat b1tch". It's chicken fingers, mozz sticks, cheesesteak, french fries, lettuce, and ketchup in a warm italian roll of goodness. It will kill you, but damn it tastes great.



It's actually one of the popular sandwich combinations found at the grease trucks on Rutgers Campus, and they're extremely popular.

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/072206_14311.jpg


and before you laugh it off, and say it's a silly NJ thing. consider this, the August 2004 issue of MAXIM magazine, ran an article of the top ten sandwiches in the United States. Number one on the list was the "Fat Darrel", a similar sandwich combination from the same grease trucks in new brunswick. They've also appeared in numerous specials on the food network. So yeah, they really are that good.

if you're ever in the New Brunswick, NJ area I definitely suggest you take a bite. :o)

Dude can you overnight one of those to me??????

redronin 10-04-2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Larry (Post 4957835)
werd to that, i get a fat ***** everytime i go to RU.

lol you know there are 2 R U hungries in SC right?


i had a fat doboy not 20 min ago

USCTrojanMan29 10-04-2006 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3_POWER (Post 4958174)
Dude can you overnight one of those to me??????

That's gotta be more unhealthy than eating a 3x3 animal style with animal fries at In'n'Out...:rofl:

chopstik 10-04-2006 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 (Post 4958185)
That's gotta be more unhealthy than eating a 3x3 animal style with animal fries at In'n'Out...:rofl:

i agree....2 different types of meals......in and out you can eat as a meal when you're sober....grease trucks much much better used as a drunk food

blatt22 10-04-2006 10:22 AM

Fat Koko - cheesesteak, french fries, mozzeralla sticks and marinara....yum!
I love these sandwiches....sounds like a good idea for lunch today!


bmwti - I'm in hillsborough too. Where you at? I live in the Meadows Townhouses.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use