E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   DIY: Do It Yourself (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   CEL(P1477?) after oil separator valve R&R (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=426987)

texan 12-12-2006 12:22 PM

CEL(P1477?) after oil separator valve R&R

Replaced oil separator valve. No foghorn sound now but got the CEL (P1477 ?) instead.

This is what Peake research tool tells me: EVAP LDP reed valve cant open.

I am not inclined to believe it is a coincidence, hence the question: What could have I screwed up?

texan
99 323i Sport,5sp 140K

jbeurotech 12-12-2006 12:45 PM

Vacum line broken that goes back to the LDP

texan 12-12-2006 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the quick reply, Seth! On the diagram below, which line is it? I think #7 and 8 connect to purge valve. #9 goes to the 3-2 valve and I couldn't have possibly damaged it since i was working up top. Are there other lines?

texan 12-14-2006 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Update,

I've replaced the short vacuum hose (#8 on the attached diagram) connected to fuel regulator and that seem to have fixed the problem. The hose rubber was dryrotten and i must have damaged it by pulling on it while removing the dipstick tube.

Special thanks to Seth for confirming the vacuum leak diagnosis.

texan

RockerGuy 12-05-2010 10:41 PM

Anybody have any idea what or where the last diagram is pointing to?
I am trying to make sense of it because I have the same problem after replacing the OS.

Thanks

RockerGuy 05-29-2011 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockerGuy (Post 12540432)
Anybody have any idea what or where the last diagram is pointing to?
I am trying to make sense of it because I have the same problem after replacing the OS.

Thanks

Bump.

Its warm now. I want to get it fixed. I had it on all winter.

Cheers

san_siro 03-16-2012 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had this exact same code (Peake code : table 15 8D) after replacing the CCV / Oil Separator.
There were no errors before the repair so I knew something did not get put back correctly.

There is 90 degree hose that connects to a vacuum outlet under the intake manifold between
the throttle cable (for those with M52 engines) and the heat shield. It is to the right of the ICV.

This comes out when you removed the oil dipstick guide tube as this hose is attached to it by
a plastic bracket.

Good luck.

dishroon 05-01-2012 08:40 PM

Same Problem

I am having the same P1477. I replaced several of the small rubber hoses on the back of the engine under the manifold and by the throttle body. I did notice that same tube sticking out with nothing on it but I cannot find a hose that goes to it. Does anyone know where the other end of the hose that connect to this plastic vacuum nozzle goes. There is another metal hose connector just under it. Is this where the hoses go from one to the other or is this a place for another hose? The plastic nozzle, pictured in the previous thread does have vacuum to it with the car running. The metal nozzle does not.

san_siro 05-03-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishroon (Post 14351522)
I am having the same P1477. I replaced several of the small rubber hoses on the back of the engine under the manifold and by the throttle body. I did notice that same tube sticking out with nothing on it but I cannot find a hose that goes to it. Does anyone know where the other end of the hose that connect to this plastic vacuum nozzle goes. There is another metal hose connector just under it. Is this where the hoses go from one to the other or is this a place for another hose? The plastic nozzle, pictured in the previous thread does have vacuum to it with the car running. The metal nozzle does not.

It's the hose from the fuel tank breather valve that connects to that plastic nozzle in the pic above. Look at #3 from here
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...33&hg=13&fg=15

This part is near the DISA, below and to the left.

dishroon 05-04-2012 08:36 AM

Found it, there was a hose that goes back underneath the car and the engine end of the hose was laying on top of the transmission where you couldn't see it from bottom or top. Got underneath and gently pulled on hoses til I found one that was loose and carefully pulled it out and re-connected it to the back of the engine under the manifold and presto, everything is fixed.

WFRFitness 08-28-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by san_siro (Post 14194589)
I had this exact same code (Peake code : table 15 8D) after replacing the CCV / Oil Separator.
There were no errors before the repair so I knew something did not get put back correctly.

There is 90 degree hose that connects to a vacuum outlet under the intake manifold between
the throttle cable (for those with M52 engines) and the heat shield. It is to the right of the ICV.

This comes out when you removed the oil dipstick guide tube as this hose is attached to it by
a plastic bracket.

Good luck.

Just fixed! This 90 connector was my problem too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

gscott2 02-21-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by san_siro (Post 14194589)

a plastic bracket.

Good luck.

Thank you for posting this! Just did my CCV a few days ago and got code P1477 as well. I'm sure the cause is the same given how much I messed around in that area.

gscott2 02-24-2013 06:03 PM

Update,

I went looking for the disconnected hose today. It was right where san_siro said it was. I was able to get two photos of the connection point - one where it was disconnected, as I found it, and one with the hose reconnected. The photos were taken with the plastic shield around the brake reservoir removed (no easy task in itself) but that's not necessary to reconnect the hose. The hose was loose enough after I put it back to knock it off with a feather! I put a hose clamp on it for good measure.

The hose is one of several held by the bracket on the oil dipstick guide tube so that's how it gets knocked loose in the CCV replacement. It's one of the small hoses closer to the firewall of the group held in the bracket. If I'd known what I was looking for I probably could have reconnected it without removing anything. Hope the photos help someone save time.

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/...ps295a0767.jpg

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6b1b1129.jpg

maxi 05-18-2013 07:35 AM

thanks for that, I already replaced the CCV and all hoses. I think I have to have a look to this since Im facing some probs with performance.

nineeight9898 06-02-2013 12:44 PM

CEL(P1477?) after oil separator valve R&R

great pictures. this solved my problem as well. no more code!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Zakko 10-07-2013 05:53 PM

Adding to this 2 second fix for post CCV P1477 codes. Was able to reach back without taking any parts off and reconnected this hose.

Thanks! :clap: