E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Questions about the quality/strength of our CSL wheels? READ HERE (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=437903)

Mike@Modbargains 01-23-2007 06:27 PM

Questions about the quality/strength of our CSL wheels? READ HERE

Hey guys, we get a lot of questions about the quality of our CSL wheels, and one of our customers just contacted us to let us know his opinion. Check it out...

"Ever since getting the CSL replica wheel and tire combo, I have been tracking the car VERY heavily. I have gone through 3 sets of tires, and the wheels have been in multiple high and low speed collisions. One impact in particular was at 45mph going into a 6+ inch cement curb and hitting both front wheels at that speed + popping the tires. I am just amazed by the quality of the wheels, they have held up extremely well with all this abuse, and while my stock 16" wheels actually BENT at even slower impacts, these have held up and only show signs of a basic "curb rash" rather than deformation. I went through 3 sets of front wheel bearings and every single front control arm bushing is destroyed, while the rims are not even bent."

I can stand behind this review 100% since I've had the wheels on my own car.

Just to give you guys a heads up, we have both 18" and 19" wheels in stock right now :thumbsup:

djnekkon 01-23-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains (Post 5422881)
Hey guys, we get a lot of questions about the quality of our CSL wheels, and one of our customers just contacted us to let us know his opinion. Check it out...

"Ever since getting the CSL replica wheel and tire combo, I have been tracking the car VERY heavily. I have gone through 3 sets of tires, and the wheels have been in multiple high and low speed collisions. One impact in particular was at 45mph going into a 6+ inch cement curb and hitting both front wheels at that speed + popping the tires. I am just amazed by the quality of the wheels, they have held up extremely well with all this abuse, and while my stock 16" wheels actually BENT at even slower impacts, these have held up and only show signs of a basic "curb rash" rather than deformation. I went through 3 sets of front wheel bearings and every single front control arm bushing is destroyed, while the rims are not even bent."

I can stand behind this review 100% since I've had the wheels on my own car.

Just to give you guys a heads up, we have both 18" and 19" wheels in stock right now :thumbsup:

good to hear that. :thumbsup:

Bimmer330cibro 01-23-2007 08:00 PM

damn what are those things made out of? good to hear, good to hear

fire_mike 01-23-2007 08:08 PM

how much do they weigh?

wntrcoatblu240 01-23-2007 08:21 PM

that's good to know..
i bought a set from Mike.. great stuff.. :thumbsup:
Free bump for you...

MysticBlau330Ci 01-23-2007 08:50 PM

I can understand the sentiment. The wheel and tire combo(18inch staggered) is lighter or about the same weight as my stock style 119 wheel tire combo. The wheel is TOUGH and the finish is STILL as good as day 1. (I use wheelwax 2x per yr). I have a little wheel rash though. I am more than impressed with them. And consider the price for all this............damn good deal

If I have ANY complaints about VM or Mike it would be that the BMW decals for the wheel caps BACK THEN did not meet my standards. I never used them and I actually like the look of the VM caps.

r3v1ls 01-23-2007 09:25 PM

Hey Mike, great to hear about the quality of those wheels since it's been on my future mod list and I've been checking those out for quite some time.
I just have on question, if I get the rims staggered, will the rear rims have the beveled in effect like the OEM CSL's on the M3's since they are wider? I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly but if you at the M3 CSL's the rears look a bit different than the fronts because they're wider.

bcw448 01-23-2007 09:34 PM

Great wheels !!!!!

bump :bump:

Ervin87 01-23-2007 10:18 PM

Yea, those are some nice wheels.

stolidog 01-23-2007 11:24 PM

Yup... no complaints. Something banged my rear wheel pretty good and took some of the finish off... there is so much damn road construction around here :banghead: (and no it wasn't a curb). I've tracked mine, hit all sorts of pot holes and still are good. Now the wheel is sitting in my garage waiting for my paint to dry. I cant wait to finish it up so I can put them back on my car! :thumbsup:

wntrcoatblu240 01-23-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3v1ls (Post 5423764)
I just have on question, if I get the rims staggered, will the rear rims have the beveled in effect like the OEM CSL's on the M3's since they are wider? I don't know if I'm explaining it correctly but if you at the M3 CSL's the rears look a bit different than the fronts because they're wider.

i think you're talking about the "concave" effect of having staggered wheels... if you're going to get them in 18inches for non-M fitment you won't be getting the concave effect... it isn't because the rims are staggered in fitment, but because the offset is very close for non-M fitments... ifyou're going to get them in M-fitments... then you might get the concave look... because the rear offset for M-car is a lot lower in comparison to non-M cars.. hope that clears it up...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...CSLwheels5.jpg
18 inches staggered non-M fitment

thanks again Mike, Great wheels!!!:pimpin:

r3v1ls 01-24-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

I don't know whether I'm just seeing things but it still looks like it has a slight concave and that's good enough for me. Can't wait to get a set for my car. Now I just need to figure out whether I'm going with silver or hyper black...

Mike@Modbargains 01-24-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3v1ls (Post 5426504)
I don't know whether I'm just seeing things but it still looks like it has a slight concave and that's good enough for me. Can't wait to get a set for my car. Now I just need to figure out whether I'm going with silver or hyper black...

The rear 18x9.5 wheels definitely have more of a concave than the front 18x8.5 :)

Mike@Modbargains 01-24-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire_mike (Post 5423350)
how much do they weigh?

18x8.5 - 24.0 lbs
18x9.5 - 24.4 lbs
19x8.5 - 24.75 lbs
19x9.5 - 25.25 lbs

The above weights are for the silver finish. The hyperblack is a more involved finish with more coats to get the unique look, and weighs slightly more (will have official weights soon)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wntrcoatblu240
that's good to know..
i bought a set from Mike.. great stuff..
Free bump for you...

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticBlau330Ci
I can understand the sentiment. The wheel and tire combo(18inch staggered) is lighter or about the same weight as my stock style 119 wheel tire combo. The wheel is TOUGH and the finish is STILL as good as day 1. (I use wheelwax 2x per yr). I have a little wheel rash though. I am more than impressed with them. And consider the price for all this............damn good deal

If I have ANY complaints about VM or Mike it would be that the BMW decals for the wheel caps BACK THEN did not meet my standards. I never used them and I actually like the look of the VM caps.

Yup all I have on my wheels also is VERY slight curb rash on the front wheel (not the wheel's fault, it's mine for running into a curb haha)

The wheels now use OEM BMW centercaps (can take them off your original wheels) or we include them for $5 per cap

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3v1ls
Hey Mike, great to hear about the quality of those wheels since it's been on my future mod list and I've been checking those out for quite some time.

The rear 18x9.5 or 19x9.5 wheels definitely concave in more than the front wheels, giving it a staggered look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stolidog
Yup... no complaints. Something banged my rear wheel pretty good and took some of the finish off... there is so much damn road construction around here (and no it wasn't a curb). I've tracked mine, hit all sorts of pot holes and still are good. Now the wheel is sitting in my garage waiting for my paint to dry. I cant wait to finish it up so I can put them back on my car!

Another good review :thumbsup:

Arrows 01-24-2007 12:39 PM

Good stuff

tK715 01-24-2007 01:08 PM

Great to know...Hopefully you guys will make some 18" CSL's in hyperblack soon.

Mike@Modbargains 01-24-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tK715 (Post 5426813)
Great to know...Hopefully you guys will make some 18" CSL's in hyperblack soon.

We have them right now :)

http://www.modbargains.com/product.a...=CSLhyperblack

fire_mike 01-24-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wntrcoatblu240 (Post 5424471)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...CSLwheels5.jpg

thanks again Mike, Great wheels!!!:pimpin:

car looks great!! :thumbsup:

What suspension set-up do you have?

tK715 01-24-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains (Post 5426839)

Whoa, when did these come out??

wntrcoatblu240 01-24-2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire_mike (Post 5426852)
car looks great!! :thumbsup:

What suspension set-up do you have?

Thanks!!
i'm on bilstein pss coilovers, dropped to the lowest setting.. :cry: