E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   How to wire Angel Eyes to be on WITHOUT the parking lights? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=444125)

AfghanScarface 02-12-2007 11:29 PM

How to wire Angel Eyes to be on WITHOUT the parking lights?

Ive been searching for a good minute now, and almost all of the DIY's I have come across on DDE's explain how to wire them to turn on WITH the parking lights, but I want the exact opposite.

I want my DDE's to be on during the day (basically all the time) without having to switch the parking lights on. Basically I want only the DDE's during the day, and DDE's+parking lights+headlights during the nighttime. As an alternative to tapping into the parking lights, Ive heard you can tap into a red/white/gold wire somewhere in the ECU and it will achieve what im looking for. The problem is that I don't understand how the grey DDE wire coming from the wiring harness is supposed to reach all the way back there. Especially on the passenger side since it is especially far from the ECU unit. Can anybody offer some insight? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im anxious to finally get my new headlights up and running :excited: :excited:

Edison@JleviSW 02-12-2007 11:33 PM

It depends on the kit you are using but with our wiring harness, you run the pink wire over to the ECU. Check out this guide for more info:

http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes.html

AfghanScarface 02-13-2007 02:49 AM

Thanks for the info. As far as the kit goes, I actually got the headlights off you guys; Projector36 w/ Predator Chromium DDE.

I'm still unsure about a couple things:

The PnP connectors included with the set do not contain a pink wire. The grey DDE wire is far too short to even reach the ECU box, so how do people get around this?

Northstar 02-13-2007 09:04 AM

I don't know if the e36's are the same, but i wired my demon eyes into my dome light. The wire goes under the glove box, and you can bring it through the firewall over there. SO therefore if u press the unlock button, they go on, and in fact they're always on if the keys in the switch. I also did wire it into the ecu, i can't recall which wire though. Hope this helps.

Edison@JleviSW 02-13-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfghanScarface (Post 5525277)
Thanks for the info. As far as the kit goes, I actually got the headlights off you guys; Projector36 w/ Predator Chromium DDE.

I'm still unsure about a couple things:

The PnP connectors included with the set do not contain a pink wire. The grey DDE wire is far too short to even reach the ECU box, so how do people get around this?

If you got them from us, contact us and we can send over an installation guide :)

support@jlevisw.com

AfghanScarface 02-13-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northstar (Post 5525879)
I don't know if the e36's are the same, but i wired my demon eyes into my dome light. The wire goes under the glove box, and you can bring it through the firewall over there. SO therefore if u press the unlock button, they go on, and in fact they're always on if the keys in the switch. I also did wire it into the ecu, i can't recall which wire though. Hope this helps.

How did you get the wire all the way down to underneath your glove box? Mine doesn't stretch out that far.

sillieidiot 02-14-2007 04:02 AM

just splice another wire to it to make it longer.

Northstar 02-14-2007 08:36 AM

Yea, i should have spliced another wire to it but i didn't. It was a huge pain in the ass, and i had absolutely no room to work with. You can do it without splicing another wire but it's not worth it. When you finally get the wire down there though, its a good feeling haha.

AfghanScarface 02-14-2007 10:08 PM

that answer is the freaking holy grail ive been searching for. Thank you so much.

Do you guys know what type of wire im gonna need to ask for?

sillieidiot 02-15-2007 02:54 AM

i'm pretty sure it's an 18 gauge wire.