E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anyone tried the EAS RAD lug bolts? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=481870)

sna77 06-19-2007 08:08 AM

Anyone tried the EAS RAD lug bolts?
 
I'm looking for some silver lug bolts, and am looking for recomendations of some that won't rust...

Anyone used these or have another recomendation for some silver bolts?

Thanks!

Steve

Here's the EAS ones:
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...roducts_id=417

sna77 06-19-2007 11:15 AM

:bump:

tom @ eas 06-19-2007 09:52 PM

Not going to rust - you're fine. The RAD lugs/locks have a dacromet coating that's resistant to corrosion or rust.

We're shipping your new lugs tomorrow afternoon! :)

sna77 06-20-2007 06:24 AM

thanks Tom. great customer service as always... ;)

sna77 08-20-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom @ eas (Post 6192568)
Not going to rust - you're fine. The RAD lugs/locks have a dacromet coating that's resistant to corrosion or rust.

We're shipping your new lugs tomorrow afternoon! :)

Tom,
I'd say about half of the bolts that I got have rusted really badly... How do I go about getting replacements??

sillieidiot 08-20-2008 04:52 PM

disregard post. i did not read correctly lol

tom @ eas 08-20-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sna77 (Post 8410236)
Tom,
I'd say about half of the bolts that I got have rusted really badly... How do I go about getting replacements??

That's odd it would be half and not all. Can you send me a picture via email?

sna77 08-20-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom @ eas (Post 8410307)
That's odd it would be half and not all. Can you send me a picture via email?

after further inspection, it looks like all of them are rusted... some more than others... What is your email? My laptop is hosed with my old emails etc on it...

Wheel #1
http://www.bigpatsfans.com/rust/1.jpg

#2
http://www.bigpatsfans.com/rust/2.jpg

#3
http://www.bigpatsfans.com/rust/3.jpg

#4
http://www.bigpatsfans.com/rust/4.jpg

tom @ eas 08-20-2008 08:34 PM

My email is listed in my signature.

It's hard to tell from pictures if that is surface rust or not, email me directly and I'll send instructions on how to return them for inspection.

sna77 08-21-2008 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom @ eas (Post 8411379)
My email is listed in my signature.

It's hard to tell from pictures if that is surface rust or not, email me directly and I'll send instructions on how to return them for inspection.

Whoops... missed that... email sent.

Edison@JleviSW 08-21-2008 11:57 AM

RAD makes a great wheel lock, it's what we carry as well.

sna77 06-01-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom @ eas (Post 6192568)
Not going to rust - you're fine. The RAD lugs/locks have a dacromet coating that's resistant to corrosion or rust.

We're shipping your new lugs tomorrow afternoon! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sna77 (Post 8410236)
Tom,
I'd say about half of the bolts that I got have rusted really badly... How do I go about getting replacements??

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom @ eas (Post 8411379)
It's hard to tell from pictures if that is surface rust or not, email me directly and I'll send instructions on how to return them for inspection.


Well, I'm afraid to report that a few years years later the bolts have rusted again... I've contacted EAS and am sending them back so they can ship them to the manufacturer. They aren't hopeful that the claim will be honored by the manufacturer though.

It's a bummer, because the bolts look great when new, but unfortunately, $75 doesn't buy you 2 years of rust free bolts...


http://bigpatsfans.com/rustedagain.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use