E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Ask a Site Sponsor (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bimmian experiences (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=491980)

ports 07-25-2007 11:44 PM

Bimmian experiences

:cry:

Has anyone had trouble buying parts with Bimmian?

Somehow I've drawn the short straw in this. I bought an HID upgrade kit, and a Raptor CWP kit from Bimmian in January. The Raptor kit took about a month to show up. The HID kit took about 2 weeks.

The HID kit was missing some parts and didnt have enough plugs to wire up everything that needed to be wired.. There was no place to wire up power. That's pretty important. And yes, I did it right. 3 plugs from the bulbs, and 3 available ports on the ballast. Plug them all in, and that leave you with zero ports to plug in the power connector from the car. Not like the power connector on the car would fit the plugs on the ballast.

So I return the kit in February via USPS. Bimmian says they never received it, but my tracking and customs stuff from the USPS says it was delivered. So there goes $300.

The raptor cwp kit came as a box of some parts, no instructions, or inventory list. I started to assemble the kit in May when the weather was nicer here, and what do you know. According to the instructions from e46fanatics, and google that I found, I'm missing parts. My harness didnt have enough plugs to connect up anything other than the ballasts from the light rings. There was no extra plugs to hook up the heater inverters, and the heater inverters weren't included either. And i was missing connector plugs so i had to buy some from radio shack.

I get in touch with Bimmian about the missing parts and they tell me they'll ship them out.

Now pausing, I was only able to reach Bimmian on the phone once, because they never answered the phones. Almost all of this was done via e-mail.

A month later a box shows up at my house, with 1 heater inverter. Great. What do i plug it into? My power harness has no plugs for it. And having one side heated is rather worthless too. I email them again, and they tell me theyll fix it and get me the correct harness, and ballasts. Then a few days later I get an email stating itll be shipped out that day. Nothings here 5-6 weeks later.

Supposedly a service manager looked into my return and said it never showed up.

So here I am 8 months later, out almost $600, and sitting around with probably $100 in parts.

What can I do to resolve this?

paraklas 07-26-2007 12:48 AM

Take a picture of what you have, make a list of the parts and FAX it to them. I found out that many companies may ignore e-mail, don't answer phones but they do see the Fax because it's not widely used (anymore).

Write them nicely the situation and politely ask for the remaining parts to be sent via a courier along with instructions.

mkodama 07-27-2007 01:03 AM

Hmm, I had pretty good luck with them. Ordered LED tail lights and they came perfectly packed and shipping was quick. Guess I'm just lucky I didn't have to deal with customer care cause it sounds like it sucks.

bassik40 07-27-2007 08:54 AM

They took forever shipping some rings i ordered, but i got them. But yea like you said like 3 weeks later. Honestly though, every email i sent them i got a reply to within a day or so.

Still though, given how good eurospec seems as well as jlevi and modbargains and ... and... and ... i wouldnt buy from them again if you get the idea.

ports 07-27-2007 11:18 AM

I just got a reply from Bimmian, and they told me to see ApexCone about the missing parts. They would like me to take the intermediary out of it.

So, what they are telling me is that, they have my money, and **** off. This is ridiculous.

highschooler 07-27-2007 11:50 AM

i've been seeing a lot of posts about bimmian doing this $hit. sorry about that stuff

///A 07-27-2007 12:01 PM

there are various mixed experiences here on the forum

flyinj3x 07-27-2007 12:03 PM

again, it sounds like this is SOP for bimmian lately.

i, on the other hand, have purchased from bimmian many times and they have been a model retailer for me. all questions answered in under 24 hours, fast and accurate package shipping, and friendly PR. i guess im the odd man out.

btw, these threads should be in the feedback forum, not general. dont worry, it will be there soon enough..

zeshon 07-27-2007 12:05 PM

They gave me a good deal and shipped my parts right out, but I have heard nothing but bad about them recently.

kap09 07-27-2007 12:13 PM

contact your credit card company and file a chargeback. get your money, take your business elsewhere.

explain to your cc company that they don't answer phones, give you a song and dance, etc. they'll take care of you.

dashoshot 07-27-2007 12:13 PM

wow, i'm sorry to hear about your recent situation with bimmian. it's amazing how many customers get bad service from one e46fantics.com sponsors. you would think they would be professional and courteous to bmw fanatics.

I've too had problems with bimmian where they gave me a short m3 lips spoiler. luckily for me thats only one part!!! Bimmian is so sketch that you cant get a hold of them through the phone. I pm'ed "bimmian" here on this website and they tried to offer me 10% off my next purchase. I told them to suck it and told them that I wouldnt want to buy another product from them. I took off the spoiler and threw it away.

LOL, im still bitter about my situation.

dave12345 07-27-2007 12:50 PM

ive been trying to cancell an order with them for a week now, ive called 10+ times this week, no answer EVER

no reponse from PMs i am sending either. my orders not even showing on their site.

last time....

Bimmer360 07-27-2007 12:59 PM

wow what is going on with bimmian, i think this is like the 4th thread opened within a week and a half alone. They would lose customers if they remain silent....

jssm490 07-27-2007 01:43 PM

i ordered a lip spoiler from them and the tape was half off on it so i emailed them and they answered fast but there reply was to maybe get tape from the dealer because there tape "hold strong"....i said ok maybe it was a one time thing so i ordered eyelids from them 4 days later and they didnt come with any tape at all now im sitting home waiting for the tape to come and they said it will take 1-3 weeks to get it....thats the last time i order from them

bassik40 07-27-2007 04:04 PM

wow, i would honestly tell them how u feel, how dissapointed you are with the service and that if they dont care at all about their customers then you want a refund, then pack everything up, send it back with insurance and tracking and a sign for service and just cut yer losses. F that company if thats how theyre dikin u out bro. GL.

:thumbdwn: = bimmian

Bimmer360 07-27-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ports (Post 6374850)
I just got a reply from Bimmian, and they told me to see ApexCone about the missing parts. They would like me to take the intermediary out of it.

So, what they are telling me is that, they have my money, and **** off. This is ridiculous.

wow, they refer you to their supplier? That's ridiculous! You shouldn't be doing that in the first place.......my gosh, this thread is like what, 5th about bimmina already? If this thing keeps on happening, apparently there is something wrong....why can't they all be like TISCHER!!!! FTW!~

semich4rmedlyfe 07-27-2007 05:52 PM

I ordered a set of lockin' lugs and it took beyond forever to get it from them. They also didn't respond to e-mails or calls.

The first two tracking numbers they gave me were ghosts too- they weren't real at all.

Mikeee46coupe 07-27-2007 06:23 PM

This is typical of how Bimmian operates, bogus tracking info, poor quality products, poor customer service and headaches are common place from my experience. I'd contact my credit card company, you might have a tough time disputing a charge this old but it's worth a shot.

Alex323Ci 07-27-2007 07:07 PM

Odd Bimmian has always be :thumbsup: for me.

TX 07-27-2007 07:24 PM

I had a bit of trouble with my Bimmian order as well... part of it shipped out pretty quickly, but the more expensive item (Eagle Eyes LED tails for sedan) didn't ship out and wasn't updated on the order for over a week. I ended up e-mailing them and giving them a piece of my mind; they replied and said that they were "forwarding the order to another warehouse." I got a tracking number for the package a couple of days later and then the next day after that the tails arrived... in a box from Umnitza. *shrug*