E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The HorsepowerFreaks M3's Evil Twin - Videos and Pictures (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=501468)

HPF Chris 08-30-2007 03:59 PM

The HorsepowerFreaks M3's Evil Twin - Videos and Pictures
 
Our HorsepowerFreaks M3 now has an evil twin driving around that looks just like ours with the exception of wheels. Roberts Wicked M3 made 619rwhp on race fuel and 415rwhp on 92 octane pump gas! We turned the boost down to 604rwhp on race fuel to keep it safe and consistent with the rest of the kits we're shipping out. I posted his dyno graph below.

Here is a video of his ride and some of the other M3's awaiting turbo kits in our shop. We also installed an Agency Power exhaust on his car which dropped curb weight by 30 lbs, and we all really like the sound of it. If anyone wants to order one, give us a call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8d4H-GLmI

Here's Roberts M3 "The Evil Twin" with the HPF750 turbo kit installed.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc.../RobertsM3.jpg

Here's a dyno graph of Robert's M3. Notice the power and torque increase at 1,500rpm even with pump gas!
Note: The baseline dyno was of my M3.
Note: The slightly wavy high boost curve on the race fuel map is intentional. In order to be able to effectively target both 5psi and 12psi, a .2bar wastegate spring was used. This allows us to run boost as low as 3psi, while still providing the capability to run boost as high as 20psi. With a boost target of 12psi, minor boost fluctuations (+/- 0.5psi) will occur as evidenced by the dyno. These will not impact the driveability or be noticeable by the customer while driving. They will also not impact the reliability of the kit. This was done strictly to allow for more accurate low boost targetting.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...sFinalDyno.gif

A set of very powerful E46 M3s in our shop!

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...hopw4M3s_2.jpg

Here's another angle.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...hopw4M3s_3.jpg

Notice the EVO on the far right. He just made 1000AWHP on our dyno!

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...hopw4M3s_1.jpg

Here's a shot including Paul's EVO on our AWD dyno. He just made 1000awhp today.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...EvoAnd4M3s.jpg

Here's a picture of Alvin's SMG M3 with the HorsepowerFreaks NA EMS kit and the HorsepowerFreaks Feramic clutch. This car drives like stock with our EMS and our clutch in it. This car will be receiving our HPF750 turbo kit in 1-2 weeks.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...3/AlvinsM3.jpg

Here's a shot of Fabio's car (same color as the one above) which we received last night. This car previously had an Active Autowerke supercharger kit on it. The customer took the S/C kit off and shipped us his car. We will have this car running on the HPF750 turbo kit in a couple weeks.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...3/FabiosM3.jpg

Here's a shot of My M3. It looks like a mirror image of Roberts now.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/misc...erFreaksM3.jpg

We have a few more kits in stock ready to be installed. If anyone is interested in getting a kit on their car, please email david@horsepowerfreaks.com.

Take care,
Chris.

MSpired 08-30-2007 04:41 PM

Nice to see more and more kits beign installed, we should have plenty of reviews and comparo's soon. Keep up the good work, all the haters will be proven wrong very soon :thumbsup:

supersickbimmer 08-30-2007 04:59 PM

My car finally made it:excited: My god was it hard to ship the car from T.O to Portland. It will be worth it though.:thumbsup: Keep us updated Chris.

Fabio.

turboaddiction 08-30-2007 06:42 PM

Thank you for the pics and information! Very nice race fuel setup there!

I have to say...why did you only get 415whp on 92 when this car is catless? You got 425whp on Jim's with 90 octane and his has a cat.

We were all hoping for 500whp on 93 octane.

Do you have any whp figures for the E46 M3 NA EMS system since you have it installed?

turboaddiction 08-30-2007 06:45 PM

Congrats Robert! You are going to love that race map. Cool that it is on 110 octane which is cheaper than c16. :thumbsup:

///M3-QTR 08-30-2007 06:48 PM

Wow nice ! ..can't wait to see them all running ^_^ good job HPF .

turboaddiction 08-30-2007 07:01 PM

One more thing. I am surprised that you guys aren't getting much better whp and wtq under 4000rpm with the 110 octane. You should be advancing the timing due to the higher octane as you know to yield better low-end power and also quicker spool. It looks like it is nearly the same tune up until 4,000 rpm. The only reason for it to be that way is if the customer was able to adjust boost with an EBC and only ran 5psi with 92 and then when he put 110 in he would just turn up the boost to 12psi because the map would change after 5psi to take advantage of the better octane. However this is the lazy route as you know because they don't take advantage of the ability to advance timing below the 5psi level. Since you are using two completely different maps you can take advantage of this, no?

3rd_collective 08-30-2007 07:29 PM

Video said it the smg was able to handle the power in A mode. How does it fair in S mode?

Ervin87 08-30-2007 07:40 PM

Very nice as usual.

ST06M3 08-30-2007 08:43 PM

Congrads Robert! Fun times ahead.

ST06M3 08-30-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersickbimmer (Post 6543837)
My car finally made it:excited: My god was it hard to ship the car from T.O to Portland. It will be worth it though.:thumbsup: Keep us updated Chris.

Fabio.

Glad to see your car finally make it Fabio. Now the suspense will get worse but it will be worth it once you get to drive it.

turboaddiction 08-30-2007 10:30 PM

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7...aldyno2at0.gif

Just a couple items to discuss. I love the kit, just saying that it could be even better I think.

Clearly it shows that the power only changes when boost changes here.
I would hope that it is not the same map up until this point but not sure what else to think. It looks as though ~3800 is full boost at 5psi which seems high, especially for an NA 3.2L 11.5:1CR S54 with pt67 t4 turbo. My buddy gets ful boost of 18psi at 3400rpm on a 8.5:1CR S52 engine with a pt67 turbo and making about 530whp with that on pump. His hot side is 0.68...are you guys using a 0.82 or 0.96? Now, it shows the race map seems the same until after the 5psi as I stated and then full boost of only 12psi is at ~4800 which seems up there for this high of a compression ratio. The 11.5:1CR should really help the spool. I would think the race fuel map would allow for that extra timing advance you need in the lower rpm range under 5psi so you guys could really get even more area under the curve and much quicker spool.

I'm just saying cause if I purchased an e46 M3 to get this kit then I would be a little bummed that I had to wait until 4,000 to start feeling that extra good stuff from the race map when I know damn well I could be feeling it starting at say 2200-3000. Even if the turbo isn't spooling that much yet the extra timing on an NA engine without turbo when using better octane will yield better gains throughout the rpm band, not just up top. I definitely had a big difference on the low end with my secondary race map on both my M3 and my Supra so I know it can be taken advantage of with tuning when using the higher octane.

Just adding some healthy information. Hell, if it gets you guys to try it and you guys come up with a better race fuel map below 4000 rpm, then it's worth a little constructive criticism. :thumbsup:

brusso 08-31-2007 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboaddiction (Post 6545196)
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7...aldyno2at0.gif

Just a couple items to discuss. I love the kit, just saying that it could be even better I think.

Clearly it shows that the power only changes when boost changes here.
I would hope that it is not the same map up until this point but not sure what else to think. It looks as though ~3800 is full boost at 5psi which seems high, especially for an NA 3.2L 11.5:1CR S54 with pt67 t4 turbo. My buddy gets ful boost of 18psi at 3400rpm on a 8.5:1CR S52 engine with a pt67 turbo and making about 530whp with that on pump. His hot side is 0.68...are you guys using a 0.82 or 0.96? Now, it shows the race map seems the same until after the 5psi as I stated and then full boost of only 12psi is at ~4800 which seems up there for this high of a compression ratio. The 11.5:1CR should really help the spool. I would think the race fuel map would allow for that extra timing advance you need in the lower rpm range under 5psi so you guys could really get even more area under the curve and much quicker spool.

I'm just saying cause if I purchased an e46 M3 to get this kit then I would be a little bummed that I had to wait until 4,000 to start feeling that extra good stuff from the race map when I know damn well I could be feeling it starting at say 2200-3000. Even if the turbo isn't spooling that much yet the extra timing on an NA engine without turbo when using better octane will yield better gains throughout the rpm band, not just up top. I definitely had a big difference on the low end with my secondary race map on both my M3 and my Supra so I know it can be taken advantage of with tuning when using the higher octane.

Just adding some healthy information. Hell, if it gets you guys to try it and you guys come up with a better race fuel map below 4000 rpm, then it's worth a little constructive criticism. :thumbsup:

I don't know for sure but.... I think the reason for spooling the turbo late in the rpm's is for driveability. If the turbos spooled earlier you would just spin the tires because of the M3's gearing. HPF has stated that one of their goals was to make sure the car was very stock like during everyday driving , which for most people would be just under 4K. I agree that a high comp. motor should be able to make full boost earlier. The AEM EMS allows the programmer to decide when the turbo makes full boost. Its not just based off of the ability to spool the turbo. Just because you can doesn't mean they want it to.

Just a guess.....

kerisabe 08-31-2007 12:42 AM

The first Canadian E46 M3 with the HPF 750 will be comin' out soon! Can't wait Fabio! Good luck.. hopefully it'll be done before Bimmercruise. I bet u're waiting anxiously everyday, every hour, every second. Good luck!

supersickbimmer 08-31-2007 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerisabe (Post 6545649)
The first Canadian E46 M3 with the HPF 750 will be comin' out soon! Can't wait Fabio! Good luck.. hopefully it'll be done before Bimmercruise. I bet u're waiting anxiously everyday, every hour, every second. Good luck!

You have no idea:excited:

M3 2 NV 08-31-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersickbimmer (Post 6546034)
You have no idea:excited:

I'd love to check out your car when you get it back if you don't mind. It's time to surprise some people on the road with that beast of yours :thumbsup:

turboaddiction 08-31-2007 12:20 PM

Oh yeah and Fabio, your car is sick man! Can't wait to see some videos of it in action! :wowee:

HPF Chris 08-31-2007 03:09 PM

Thanks for all the props guys.

Here's a video of our customer's first impressions of the HPF750 turbo kit installed in his E46 M3. It is 9 minutes long, but really gives you an idea of what we see in our customers eyes when they get to drive their turbo'd M3 for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7eC18Cuv9A


Quote:

Originally Posted by MSpired (Post 6543721)
Nice to see more and more kits beign installed, we should have plenty of reviews and comparo's soon. Keep up the good work, all the haters will be proven wrong very soon :thumbsup:

Thanks. We're really not out to prove anyone wrong. We're out to produce a reliable product that raises the bar to a new level. I had to accept the fact that people will hate on whatever we produce, and it's no longer my goal to spend time convincing them otherwise. The product speaks for itself IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboaddiction
Oh yeah and Fabio, your car is sick man! Can't wait to see some videos of it in action!

Yes, we look forward to making Fabio's M3 the fastest E46 M3 in Canada. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by brusso
I don't know for sure but.... I think the reason for spooling the turbo late in the rpm's is for driveability. If the turbos spooled earlier you would just spin the tires because of the M3's gearing. HPF has stated that one of their goals was to make sure the car was very stock like during everyday driving , which for most people would be just under 4K. I agree that a high comp. motor should be able to make full boost earlier. The AEM EMS allows the programmer to decide when the turbo makes full boost. Its not just based off of the ability to spool the turbo. Just because you can doesn't mean they want it to.

Just a guess.....

I am seeing some real confusion here that I'm going to try to clear up. The turbo does NOT spool late. If you look at the pump gas map (415rwhp), the turbo hits FULL boost (5psi) at 3,600rpm! We bring this turbo to full boost as fast as possible, and it does not make sense to have it hit full boost any sooner.

The other source of confusion is as a result of people comparing low compression turbo motors to high compression turbo motors. Low compression turbo motors allow for much greater power figures on low octane fuels. The benefit of low compression is as a result of the decreased thermodynamic temperature increase when the piston is compressing the air as opposed to the turbo compressing the air which is then dropped in temperature upwards of 80% through the intercooler. With the factory 11.5:1 compression and our kit At 5psi, the engine is primarily responsible for increasing the cylinder pressures which unfortunately has no intercooling effect. Our stage 3 will come with lower compression pistons and will generate significantly more power on pump gas due to the lower compression and the MUCH larger turbo!

The last question raised is why the graphs look the same with pump gas and race fuel between 3,000rpm and 4,000rpm even though timing is advanced 9 degrees on the race fuel map. This is because the 92 octane allows the same peak cylinder pressure to be achieved with the spark firing slightly later in the combustion cycle. It is not always beneficial to increase timing as there is a point where the burn will start too early which will slow the piston down rather than accelerate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M3-QTR
Wow nice ! ..can't wait to see them all running ^_^ good job HPF .

Thanks. We will have more vids soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd_collective
Video said it the smg was able to handle the power in A mode. How does it fair in S mode?

The HPF Feramic SMG clutch will handle the power in any mode. We will have more testing on it shortly with the turbo kit installed.

Take care,
Chris.

budman 08-31-2007 03:52 PM

I will volunteer my SMG if you need to install one for testing purposes :eeps:

but I keep what goes it :P

KamPow3r 08-31-2007 04:37 PM

More clips of the car with the exhaust please (drive-bys, cruise, etc.)! Sounds nice!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use