E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Love Line (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   **I've got a date w/ my girlfriend and her MOM...!** (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=529200)

00_e46er 12-11-2007 08:50 AM

**I've got a date w/ my girlfriend and her MOM...!**
 
Alright fellas, in a few short hours i will be having lunch with my girlfriend and her mom (for the first time)... its my first time to actually meet her mom and wanted some advice, tips, rules to follow, do's/dont's when on this "date" ... well you get the idea, just some little information about us, we are both 20 years old and have been together a little over 4 months and im picking them both up in my car after work here in a few hours.... i dont know why but i am a little nervous :P so any advice would be appreciated.. thx fellow fanatics...!

FloridaE46 12-11-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_e46er (Post 7054144)
Alright fellas, in a few short hours i will be having lunch with my girlfriend and her mom (for the first time)... its my first time to actually meet her mom and wanted some advice, tips, rules to follow, do's/dont's when on this "date" ... well you get the idea, just some little information about us, we are both 20 years old and have been together a little over 4 months and im picking them both up in my car after work here in a few hours.... i dont know why but i am a little nervous :P so any advice would be appreciated.. thx fellow fanatics...!

at least its not the dad... i hate girls dads

RafStar 12-11-2007 08:52 AM

seduce the mom

versace7866 12-11-2007 08:53 AM

be yourself

no need to fake it but use common sense

FloridaE46 12-11-2007 08:53 AM

moms like charming young boys

jgrecbets 12-11-2007 08:53 AM

wait...... why?

layla17 12-11-2007 08:59 AM

Be yourself. Don't try to be somebody you're not, because people can usually see right through that.

pinoycowboy 12-11-2007 09:00 AM

piitb

00_e46er 12-11-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versace7866 (Post 7054160)
be yourself

no need to fake it but use common sense

Quote:

Originally Posted by layla17 (Post 7054179)
Be yourself. Don't try to be somebody you're not, because people can usually see right through that.

yeah you guys are right... well hopefully all goes well, her mom seems pretty straightfoward from what ive heard, i just hope we click you know.. show her that im good for her daughter...

00_e46er 12-11-2007 09:08 AM

btw, the dads actually the "nicer, more lenient parent of the two" who already likes me.. its the mom i have to impress (i guess you could say)

Novare330 12-11-2007 09:26 AM

ive never had a problem with charming moms lol its the dads that i have a little trouble with...

just be yourself, and when you get to the restaurant, be sure to hold doors, and pull out chairs for them, courtesy points, also, let them order first, and as always, offer to pay at the end of the meal. odds are, like any parent she will touch on the subjects of school, work, family life, etc., just to make sure that you are right for her daughter, so be prepared.

other than that, make small talk between major topics of discussion, i dont know your gf or her mom, but just probe the ground and get a sense of what type of person she is before you make any sort of jokes lol it will give u a sense of whats appropriate or not

good luck bro!

Bmw323CiBOI 12-11-2007 09:27 AM

buy them both flowers! girls say they dont like flowers but they really want them.. good way to start it out

BMWDon 12-11-2007 09:27 AM

try not to curse too much
don't go for the butt squeeze when you kiss your girl hello in front of her mom
staring at her moms boobs might not be smart either

M3LTDOWN 12-11-2007 09:39 AM

+1 on the flowers.... It is impossible to make a bad impression if you give flowers.

00_e46er 12-11-2007 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novare330 (Post 7054284)
ive never had a problem with charming moms lol its the dads that i have a little trouble with...

just be yourself, and when you get to the restaurant, be sure to hold doors, and pull out chairs for them, courtesy points, also, let them order first, and as always, offer to pay at the end of the meal. odds are, like any parent she will touch on the subjects of school, work, family life, etc., just to make sure that you are right for her daughter, so be prepared.

other than that, make small talk between major topics of discussion, i dont know your gf or her mom, but just probe the ground and get a sense of what type of person she is before you make any sort of jokes lol it will give u a sense of whats appropriate or not

good luck bro!

thx man :hi: thats the kinda info i was looking for... and also, when i pick them up, mom sits up front right...? (weird question, i know but im just makin sure)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmw323CiBOI (Post 7054289)
buy them both flowers! girls say they dont like flowers but they really want them.. good way to start it out

that sounds like a good idea, but dont yah think that may be a little suck up, or no.. not really...?

Novare330 12-11-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_e46er (Post 7054332)
thx man :hi: thats the kinda info i was looking for... and also, when i pick them up, mom sits up front right...? (weird question, i know but im just makin sure)?

thats a tough one, what i would do is, after you go to the door and pick them up (none of that stay in the car and call to let her know youre here crap lol), after formal greetings, say something along the lines of "so are you guys ready to go? :) alright, if you lovely ladies would follow me right this way..."

of course, walk ahead of them and open the door for them, make sure there is a little distance between you and her and her mom, then, hold the door open and let them decide who sits in the front, it will work out for the best.

00_e46er 12-11-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novare330 (Post 7054369)
thats a tough one, what i would do is, after you go to the door and pick them up (none of that stay in the car and call to let her know youre here crap lol), after formal greetings, say something along the lines of "so are you guys ready to go? :) alright, if you lovely ladies would follow me right this way..."

of course, walk ahead of them and open the door for them, make sure there is a little distance between you and her and her mom, then, hold the door open and let them decide who sits in the front, it will work out for the best.

woOw Stan... you've got some mackin skillz son...! lol :P
those are some good tips man thx.. :hi:

Novare330 12-11-2007 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_e46er (Post 7054396)
woOw Stan... you've got some mackin skillz son...! lol :P
those are some good tips man thx.. :hi:

lol thanks, trust me, ive made enough mistakes by now that i know what works and what doesnt :rofl:

good luck bro! let us kno how it goes

dave12345 12-11-2007 10:01 AM

99.9% chance ur personalitys been described to her mom to the T, so dont try to fake it or your done

GlockMan 12-11-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00_e46er (Post 7054144)
Alright fellas, in a few short hours i will be having lunch with my girlfriend and her mom (for the first time)... its my first time to actually meet her mom and wanted some advice, tips, rules to follow, do's/dont's when on this "date" ... well you get the idea, just some little information about us, we are both 20 years old and have been together a little over 4 months and im picking them both up in my car after work here in a few hours.... i dont know why but i am a little nervous :P so any advice would be appreciated.. thx fellow fanatics...!

You can not be too polite. Just dont be fake. Watch the cussing. But Jazz or soft rock on the radio. Dont grab, kiss, etc too much.

Dont flirt with her mom.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use