E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   ///M3 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Girls slamming the door on my M3 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=539495)

KOTYKB 01-20-2008 10:07 AM

Girls slamming the door on my M3

Now I'm a single guy and living it up but I dread the time that I take a girl out in my M3 because when they get in the car they slam the door sooooooo hard it sounds like the glass is going to shatter. When they leave the car they grab the glass to shut it and swing it shut like its some 50's Chevy truck or something. So I try to help them in and out as much as possible cause I cringe when I hear the door slam that out with it was -13 degrees F last night. Most of these girls I've been going out with are one the first or second date so I don't want to sound like a prick and tell them how to shut the door.

Do you guys have this same problem and if so what do you do/say to them?

russ330 01-20-2008 10:08 AM

Open and close the door for them - problem solved.

KOTYKB 01-20-2008 10:24 AM

oh I do but lets say you're both in the car. You arrive at your destination. She gets out and slams the door before you can get to that side......

funkedelic 01-20-2008 10:32 AM

just tell them to gently shut your door! lol

busamoose 01-20-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russ330 (Post 7260047)
Open and close the door for them - problem solved.

that's what I do to avoid the worry of SLAMMED doors!:thumbsup:

6MTGirl 01-20-2008 10:40 AM

Closing the door by grabbing the glass can cause window motor failure. And I'm not fond of wiping off fingerprints either. I'm very respectful of other people's property and so has been everyone who's been in my car... but if I had anyone slam the door, I sure as all hell would ask them to kindly not do it again.

Carbon///M3 01-20-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOTYKB (Post 7260041)
Now I'm a single guy and living it up but I dread the time that I take a girl out in my M3 because when they get in the car they slam the door sooooooo hard it sounds like the glass is going to shatter. When they leave the car they grab the glass to shut it and swing it shut like its some 50's Chevy truck or something. So I try to help them in and out as much as possible cause I cringe when I hear the door slam that out with it was -13 degrees F last night. Most of these girls I've been going out with are one the first or second date so I don't want to sound like a prick and tell them how to shut the door.

Do you guys have this same problem and if so what do you do/say to them?

Girls ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS seem to slam the door :tsk:

On a side note if it is giving you that horrible sound, you might have a bad window regulator:hi:

RidinBimmerz 01-20-2008 11:25 AM

Yeah I usually open/close doors for a date to avoid that situation but when we arrive at a destination and she gets out and closes it with the glass I just watch and cringe.

At least for the first few dates

NJ///M 01-20-2008 11:28 AM

Just say, "***** that was a mistake!" (unforgivable)

KOTYKB 01-20-2008 11:39 AM

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. Sometimes I try to limit the stops we make so we don't have to get in/out that much haha I'm not sexist but come on why does it seem like its only the girls that do this? I bought my car in October and I didn't buy it to get ass but I hate picking girls up in this car. I can't wait til spring so I can get my Honda CBR 600RR out and if they're scared of a rocket I'll drive their civic/cavalier : )

On a side note some fine nussie was getting out of the back seat with her effin 4" heels and stepped on the rocker panel and scratched my paint. You can't see it with the door closed but I'm starting to get to the point where I need girls to read and sign a "respect to property form".

funkedelic 01-20-2008 12:02 PM

^^ wow females are messin up your **** homie lol

I don't like to put in a lot of people in my car at one time and i don't let in dogs or people that bring in drinks or food, that really pisses me off!

As for girls, what kind of girls are you dating man? The doors on my M are pretty heavy and i stick to small chicks, sounds like your dating gladiators if they can slam your door! They can barely get mine properly closed

nasrudin 01-20-2008 12:06 PM

tell her she's not getting a second date if she keeps slamming the door like that.

shynebrite 01-20-2008 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=nasrudin;7260373]tell her she's not getting a second date if she keeps slamming the door like that.[/QUoOTE]

lol...i tell them not to slam the door wen they get in the car...this way they are informed...

TheForceV4 01-20-2008 12:22 PM

Man! I know what you mean! Whats worse is when they slam the door but hold the glass!! AAAARRRGGHHH!!!

M3R1 01-20-2008 12:30 PM

My daughter does the same thing. If only our doors would close with a thump instead of a bang:banghead:

UKtRAINE3 01-20-2008 12:34 PM

I tell them all the f0ckin time to stop f0cking slamming the door... they just tell me to shut up and then I :cry: like a little .

E46HARLEY 01-20-2008 12:45 PM

i too have this PROBLEM with my significant other.....

AND ALSO:

1. crunches the floormat on the passenger seat (fires me up)
2. touches my window after a wash
3. never wipes her FVCKING FEET (DRAGGING GRASS ONTO MY MAT)
4. TOUCHES MY STEREO (THATS LIKE VIOLATING MAN RULE NUMBER 14)
5. rolls my windows up " ITS TOO COLD", "I JUST DID MY HAIR"
6. SAYS, "ITS JUST PEICE OF METAL"
MAN I'M FIRED UP JUST THINKING ABOUT ALL THESE THINGS
THERE'S AN UP SIDE TO BEING SINGLE.....THESE THINGS ARE NOT IT...

grkm3 01-20-2008 01:28 PM

Almost as bad as putting your feet on the dash.

shagwar 01-20-2008 01:38 PM

man, i feel you. i started a thread about something similar few years ago. i cant stand when chicks do that. The worst for me is when they really think they can eat and drink im my car. i laugh at first and if they get slick, i take whatever their eating and drinking, and throw it out the window.

ihs 328i 01-20-2008 01:41 PM

tell them not to like a joke like "shut it harder next time will ya"