E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Sometimes my Angel eyes won't turn off. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=549148)

silverbullet325 02-21-2008 07:40 AM

Sometimes my Angel eyes won't turn off.
 
I have them spliced into the main acessory wire in the control box per the istructions. The problem is sometimes they turn off about 30 seconds after the car is stopped (walk away feature) and sometimes they do not turn off at all. I have never sat there for more than about a minute to see how long they actually stay on. I just turn the key over and turn it back and this resets the computer and then they go off after 30 seconds. I'm not sure if I left them they would turn off at all before draining my battery dead. Diagram of wire I tapped into below. Its the red and white stripped with yellow dots. Anyone else have this happen?

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...n/DSC01016.jpg

Polish_328Ci 02-21-2008 08:03 AM

Mine stay on for about 5-10 seconds or when the doors are open since I wired the remote feature. For some reason your accessory wire still has power for longer thaan that. Kinda weird.

silverbullet325 02-21-2008 08:06 AM

Yeah and its not all the time. Most of the time it works as planned but sometimes it goofs up. I swear our cars are worse than women when it comes to mood swings.

Polish_328Ci 02-21-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbullet325 (Post 7446537)
Yeah and its not all the time. Most of the time it works as planned but sometimes it goofs up. I swear our cars are worse than women when it comes to mood swings.

Haha ohh I can believe that lol.

ahhchu430 02-21-2008 09:36 AM

I noticed the same thing when I first got them. I eventually gave up and left it as is and have yet to have any battery issues (knock on wood). They do turn off eventually...It usually happens after a fairly long drive right??

Cruzader 02-21-2008 09:37 AM

Happens to me sometimes to, just give them a minute and they will shut off

silverbullet325 02-21-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahhchu430 (Post 7446835)
I noticed the same thing when I first got them. I eventually gave up and left it as is and have yet to have any battery issues (knock on wood). They do turn off eventually...It usually happens after a fairly long drive right??

Haven't payed attention to the drive time but I will now. Do you just leave them on and walk away and they reset?

StikiGreenZ 02-21-2008 09:44 AM

It happens to me, sometimes I've waited 3-4 minutes for them to go off. They ALWAYS do go off within 5 minutes.

BMWPower06 02-21-2008 09:46 AM

i have mine wired to the parking lights, soo much better :bow:

Jeffxxx 02-21-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbullet325 (Post 7446472)
I have them spliced into the main acessory wire in the control box per the istructions. The problem is sometimes they turn off about 30 seconds after the car is stopped (walk away feature)


Are you talking about the remote feature? Because that's not the wire you tap for that. They only stay on because there is still power running through the accessory wire.

SL Blak Soldier 02-21-2008 08:05 PM

The wire you tapped is for the auxiliary fan if i'm not mistaken(which is hte correct wire to tap), so it will stay on for a while after the car is turned off. They will go off after a couple of minutes and they shouldn't drain your battery. you should be fine, nothing to worry about.

ahhchu430 02-21-2008 11:54 PM

I just walk away and it turns off whenever, no big deal. I tend to check it after driving a long distance so it's probably a coincidence.

ahhchu430 02-21-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbullet325 (Post 7446841)
Haven't payed attention to the drive time but I will now. Do you just leave them on and walk away and they reset?

I just walk away and it turns off whenever, no big deal. I tend to check it after driving a long distance so it's probably a coincidence.

bmw_325i_ct 03-05-2008 09:20 AM

My angels wouldn't turn off for more than a minute for first time today within 10 seconds of car being turned off. All I did was just turn my lights on and off without the key in the ignition and the angels turned off.

davidwarren 03-05-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SL Blak Soldier (Post 7450077)
The wire you tapped is for the auxiliary fan if i'm not mistaken(which is hte correct wire to tap), so it will stay on for a while after the car is turned off. They will go off after a couple of minutes and they shouldn't drain your battery. you should be fine, nothing to worry about.

Yup, just sometimes your fan needs to stay on a bit longer. No problem.

00Rayger00 03-07-2008 02:44 AM

Mine wouldnt turn off last night either....So I had to put the key in the ignition and turn my low beams off and on again. They turned off after doing this, but when I went to start my car today, they will not turn on.

Can anyone help me? I miss my angel eyes!!!

sillieidiot 03-07-2008 02:54 AM

check your fuse or taps

00Rayger00 03-07-2008 02:58 AM

thanks. Ill try that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use