E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   It's OFFICIAL... Navin is going SUPERCHARGED, twin screw style (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=557165)

Navin323i 03-18-2008 01:40 PM

It's OFFICIAL... Navin is going SUPERCHARGED, twin screw style

I placed my order about an hour ago for the ESS TS1 supercharger kit (first one for Eurowerkz)... I seriously can't believe my car will be supercharged soon. I've always wanted to supercharge my car, especially in my case with an auto 323i. YEARS back when I first joined this site, I remember chatting with one of the veterans here and he suggested that I wait on supercharging my 323i until a company came out with a twin screw supercharger.

I love my car to death and often thought about getting a car that's faster and more fun to drive, but knew I'd rather mod my 323i to make it the car I want it to be. I believe I have now succeeded in doing this.

I want to thank a few people... Stuart (330i ZHP) for taking me out last night in a ride in his TS2 330i ZHP (I'm truly impressed by not only the sheer power that your car now has, but I'm impressed by how good your driving skills are and your ability to control a car with that much power)... Darren (TxZHP04) and ASAed330 for your guidance, as well as for the heads up on the possible import tax charged to me for the supercharger (still not sure if one will be imposed on me being a resident of Maryland, but I'll find out soon enough!)... Asbjorn for his FANTASTIC customer service, and finally my wife for giving me her consent and blessings on purchasing the S/C. :thumbsup:

Finally, for those who were hoping my next mod would be CARBON FIBER related... here is what ESS will be sending me along with the S/C (their new style carbon fiber engine cover)...

Custom3 03-18-2008 01:43 PM

congrats....wish i can afford it :(

BMWDEMON 03-18-2008 01:56 PM

congrats Navin...I think George is twin screwed S/C too but he is an E36....congrats and well deserved! Your car has come a LONG way no matter what anyone has said in the past or now.

M

Navin323i 03-18-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Custom3 (Post 7585899)
congrats....wish i can afford it :(

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Navin323i 03-18-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWDEMON (Post 7585958)
congrats Navin...I think George is twin screwed S/C too but he is an E36....congrats and well deserved! Your car has come a LONG way no matter what anyone has said in the past or now.

M

Thanks Mike! You're right... George has a twin screw S/C but it's an Active Autowerke twin screw supercharger, so I think I'm still the first with the ESS twin screw supercharger (not that it matters or anything, LOL). :)

M-Crazy 03-18-2008 02:17 PM

Congrats Bro. You make me proud :thumbsup:

Navin323i 03-18-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-Crazy (Post 7586091)
Congrats Bro. You make me proud :thumbsup:

:bow: I'm honored to hear you say that, Adam. Thanks for bringing me into the Eurowerkz family... it's been an AMAZING experience to say the least. :thumbsup:

Adam@Euro-Spec 03-18-2008 02:27 PM

Congrats, I'm going to have to come check it out when I get back to MD, I want to s/c my slush box 325. Enjoy it bro :thumbsup:

BF330ci 03-18-2008 02:43 PM

SICK! Congrats Navin!

xcoolnessx 03-18-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navin323i (Post 7585885)
I placed my order about an hour ago for the ESS TS1 supercharger kit (first one for Eurowerkz)... I seriously can't believe my car will be supercharged soon. I've always wanted to supercharge my car, especially in my case with an auto 323i. YEARS back when I first joined this site, I remember chatting with one of the veterans here and he suggested that I wait on supercharging my 323i until a company came out with a twin screw supercharger.

I love my car to death and often thought about getting a car that's faster and more fun to drive, but knew I'd rather mod my 323i to make it the car I want it to be. I believe I have now succeeded in doing this.

I want to thank a few people... Stuart (330i ZHP) for taking me out last night in a ride in his TS2 330i ZHP (I'm truly impressed by not only the sheer power that your car now has, but I'm impressed by how good your driving skills are and your ability to control a car with that much power)... Darren (TxZHP04) and ASAed330 for your guidance, as well as for the heads up on the possible import tax charged to me for the supercharger (still not sure if one will be imposed on me being a resident of Maryland, but I'll find out soon enough!)... Asbjorn for his FANTASTIC customer service, and finally my wife for giving me her consent and blessings on purchasing the S/C. :thumbsup:

Finally, for those who were hoping my next mod would be CARBON FIBER related... here is what ESS will be sending me along with the S/C (their new style carbon fiber engine cover)...

Congrats!!! Looks good

MachRc 03-18-2008 03:37 PM

man! congrats on your g0 and nice choice going with the twin screw!

how many miles do you have the 00' 323 !

dang! gonna be a HUGE difference..

LagunaBlau///M3 03-18-2008 04:12 PM

thats is, if Navin is going to have boost, then im getting boost. :4ngie:

your gonna love it btw lol. My last car has a roots style blower on it and it was a blast to drive.

jbcritch 03-18-2008 04:47 PM

subscribed! :excited: Cant wait to see the outcome Navin! :thumbsup:

There are so many things I want to do to my car - this could be one of them....please keep us updated on the entire process. Purchase to install to drivability to gas mileage over the long haul. :bow:

HighBoostin330 03-18-2008 05:19 PM

Thanks for the props, even though I didn't do much. Just make sure you fill out those customs form the same day FedEx contacts you so there is no delay in getting your TS shipped.

Welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

xjunmoonx 03-19-2008 04:20 AM

how much was it?lol

sillieidiot 03-19-2008 04:38 AM

nice, i hope to be getting one in the near future as well.

bouchet 03-19-2008 08:24 AM

yeah, post a review when you get it installed.

C Digital 323CI 03-19-2008 08:28 AM

Congrats Navin. I'm interested to see the power numbers you get. This is something I might look into in the future if things turn out good with your ESS kit.

phrozen06 03-19-2008 08:36 AM

Congrats from a fellow Eurowerkz member. Id love to SCREW my 330......one day.

zeshon 03-19-2008 11:16 AM

Hope you can afford a CF intake manifold, or it's all for not.