E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Problem with my AA s/c please help! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=583291)

Casanova 06-13-2008 02:04 AM

Problem with my AA s/c please help!
 
Started getting a really loud whining sound coming from my s/c, gets louder the higher the revs, so I'm thinking it's an internal problem.

been working fine for the past 4 years, had the belt and s/c oil replaced about a year ago.

anyone have this problem before and know what's wrong?

thanks in advance.

Active Autowerke II 06-13-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casanova (Post 8070567)
Started getting a really loud whining sound coming from my s/c, gets louder the higher the revs, so I'm thinking it's an internal problem.

been working fine for the past 4 years, had the belt and s/c oil replaced about a year ago.

anyone have this problem before and know what's wrong?

thanks in advance.

Give me a call here at extension 225. We'll try to get to the bottom of it.

Casanova 06-14-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk@ActiveAutowerke (Post 8071203)
Give me a call here at extension 225. We'll try to get to the bottom of it.

I tried calling today, forgot it's out of business hours, will call again on Monday, meanwhile I'll try get a sound clip thanks

Casanova 06-14-2008 09:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQjlrOAVNAk

Casanova 09-17-2008 12:21 AM

Just wanna thank AA-Tuning. It took awhile (didn't help that my car's in Malaysia and AA is in Florida) but it runs smoothly again. Just gotta remember not to let it rip till I break in the new s/c hehe :thumbsup:

MSpired 09-17-2008 12:45 AM

What was the issue?

performancenut 09-20-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSpired (Post 8543074)
What was the issue?

see his comment of breaking in the new supercharger. :idea:

Casanova 10-04-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by performancenut (Post 8559743)
see his comment of breaking in the new supercharger. :idea:

nah, had the s/c for about 4 years and the internal bearings got worn out or something.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use