E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   i think euro spec 323's are able to do the golf tee mod (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=585653)

323ci Fanatic 06-22-2008 12:28 AM

i think euro spec 323's are able to do the golf tee mod

i got reading about exhausts etc and stumbled across the golf tee mod by which you plug up the vaccum that controls the flap in the right exhaust pipe. I saw that it was only for 330's but i had a look at my exhaust anyway. On my right exhaust pipe, inside there is a flap that was open when my car was off and closed when it was idling. Im gona do the mod in the next few days and see how it goes. Heard that doing this will give it a bit of extra sound below 3000rpm before it opens up agian.

skipole 06-22-2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 323ci Fanatic (Post 8114092)
i got reading about exhausts etc and stumbled across the golf tee mod by which you plug up the vaccum that controls the flap in the right exhaust pipe. I saw that it was only for 330's but i had a look at my exhaust anyway. On my right exhaust pipe, inside there is a flap that was open when my car was off and closed when it was idling. Im gona do the mod in the next few days and see how it goes. Heard that doing this will give it a bit of extra sound below 3000rpm before it opens up agian.

Interesting. I believe 325xi's can also do this mod. FYI, my understanding is that typically the butterfly valve is *open* at idle. At least it is on 330's. Everything I've read suggests it closes around 1200rpm, so either you looked at the valve when you first turned on a cold car or your car's idle is totally out of wack. :rofl:

This is a stupid, stupid, STUPID modification. That being said, I did it and left it, and the exhaust is slightly louder now. In particular you will notice a mild volume increase in the 1400-2300rpm range.

Still a ridiculous "mod". The only 'advantage' to this mod is when you're driving around in a parking lot it sounds slightly beefier.

323ci Fanatic 06-22-2008 02:55 AM

i dont think its ridiculous at all? It may only increase the sound a little bit but id rather that than nothing and it only took 15 seconds.

Harley099 08-18-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipole (Post 8114449)
Interesting. I believe 325xi's can also do this mod. FYI, my understanding is that typically the butterfly valve is *open* at idle. At least it is on 330's. Everything I've read suggests it closes around 1200rpm, so either you looked at the valve when you first turned on a cold car or your car's idle is totally out of wack. :rofl:

This is a stupid, stupid, STUPID modification. That being said, I did it and left it, and the exhaust is slightly louder now. In particular you will notice a mild volume increase in the 1400-2300rpm range.

Still a ridiculous "mod". The only 'advantage' to this mod is when you're driving around in a parking lot it sounds slightly beefier.

I maybe real late getting in on this one but don't people spend big bucks for a better sound??Just my 2 cents worth:hi:

JJR4884 08-18-2009 05:06 PM

yep you are really late :rofl:

anyways, in addition to many many other threads, doing this mod is so easy there is no reason not to... however to the people that believe they can hear a difference must be out of their mind, because it BARELY makes a difference....

cuz.iknim 01-27-2010 12:52 AM

well.........

But you have to admit that you can have both pipe to be brownish color after a while.. instead of one being brown.. lol It evens it out....lol