E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   330i dual tip to quad exhaust help (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=601358)

swoobies 08-19-2008 01:09 PM

330i dual tip to quad exhaust help

Id like to turn my 330i from a dual tip exhaust to quad. Ive searched and it seems that I can either buy a new exhaust system for the car or run new piping and just add tips? I dont know anything about exhausts, any help would really be appreciated. What would be the best method to getting a quad exhaust for me?:hmm:

benjamin1 08-19-2008 05:53 PM

You'd have to buy an m3 muffler, cut out your tire well, patch it with something, then get an m3 diffuser. very expensive for two extra tips.!

///A 08-19-2008 06:49 PM

hello,

The only actual "out of the box" quad system I've seen are the Remus quad exhaust system and the Rieger exhaust (you'd need mtechII rear for it) Other than that, you'll have to go custom, with customized pipes without the muffler. This can cost up to 200 - 300 I would assume. Plenty of people have done this. Ive personally seen MixFlame's quad exhaust and it sounds great too!

///A 08-19-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamin1 (Post 8404425)
You'd have to buy an m3 muffler, cut out your tire well, patch it with something, then get an m3 diffuser. very expensive for two extra tips.!

wrong

oh...

" waiting for Chase to come here and become dogmatic regarding issues of stock rear bumpers and how you need an aftermarker rear " :eeps: :rolleyes:

swoobies 08-20-2008 02:51 AM

thanks for the helpful replies guys. looks like custom job it is.

JJR4884 08-20-2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamin1 (Post 8404425)

no

no

no

no

and.................. you've guessed it

NO

OP, get 4 tips that you like......... have two of them welded on where your tips are now, replace them
the other two need to go to a custom bent pipe that will be welded into one exhaust pipe behind the muffler

and don't forget, you'll have to modify your rear bumper to make it look right for the exhaust holes (unless you don't have any of course)

sonspot 10-18-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR4884 (Post 8406873)
no

no

no

no

and.................. you've guessed it

NO

OP, get 4 tips that you like......... have two of them welded on where your tips are now, replace them
the other two need to go to a custom bent pipe that will be welded into one exhaust pipe behind the muffler

and don't forget, you'll have to modify your rear bumper to make it look right for the exhaust holes (unless you don't have any of course)

what about all the plastic hose under the battery, for emission i think,.

thanks