E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   **Active Autowerke Supercharged E46 M3 1/4 Mile Dyno Testing..Video Inside** (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=603263)

Omar@ActiveAutowerke 08-26-2008 04:33 PM

**Active Autowerke Supercharged E46 M3 1/4 Mile Dyno Testing..Video Inside**

Hello Board,

We are constantly testing our shop cars for overall performance, power, drive ability and all of the other factors that makes our system what it is. With the ability to tune and modify our kits in house we can test so many different variables no matter how small they may be in an effort to better our kits. We are constantly tuning or should i say tweaking tunes to better support our kits to customers in different conditions. We also test hardware just as much and constantly beat on our parts to make sure they are reliable.

Our local track is down for renovation and will be open soon . We would like to get a few good runs at the drag strip as soon as it opens. So in the mean time instead of going to the track we brought the track to Active Autowerke. We also try to have some fun while we are at it.

Here are some vids... enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDuDw_U4W0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPt6DhR4eHA

HPFMTRE 08-26-2008 04:53 PM

Nice! good work guys awesome!

///M3-QTR 08-26-2008 05:41 PM

Sounds good !

What's that exhaust ?

jabrel3 08-26-2008 07:17 PM

:drool: should see my car for the ASA kit soon :excited::excited:

MSpired 08-26-2008 07:46 PM

Car sounds sick! That would be a great time considering the 60' and the temps. Trap speed seems kinda low though. Can't wait to see it on the track in cool conditions!

turboaddiction 08-26-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSpired (Post 8440581)
Car sounds sick! That would be a great time considering the 60' and the temps. Trap speed seems kinda low though. Can't wait to see it on the track in cool conditions!

Interesting that the speed is 122.71mph at 1000ft and then final trap is 114.32mph at 1/4 mile. :hmm: Looks like it was heading for a sweet number because 122 is already mmmmmnice. :str8pimpi

MSpired 08-26-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboaddiction (Post 8440904)
Interesting that the speed is 122.71mph at 1000ft and then final trap is 114.32mph at 1/4 mile. :hmm: Looks like it was heading for a sweet number because 122 is already mmmmmnice. :str8pimpi

I didn't even notice that... What's up with that? Did you guys let off? Under promise over deliver? :4ngie:

Omar@ActiveAutowerke 08-27-2008 08:06 AM

:4ngie:

Omar@ActiveAutowerke 08-27-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M3-QTR (Post 8439778)
Sounds good !

What's that exhaust ?

It has the Active Autowerke Gen 4 Exhaust and our Gen 4 Headers. Stock Midsection.

jade46 08-27-2008 08:45 AM

yo Omar pm me price....for E92 m3

Omar@ActiveAutowerke 08-27-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JADE46 (Post 8443132)
yo Omar pm me price....for E92 m3

You have been pm'ed.

turboaddiction 08-27-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboaddiction (Post 8440904)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSpired (Post 8440966)
I didn't even notice that... What's up with that? Did you guys let off? Under promise over deliver? :4ngie:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Active Autowerke (Post 8443037)
:4ngie:

Thanks Mspired.

That is the response? WTF?

I think that it would be better for AA to post that the car did 122mph at the 1000ft mark in the original post to attract more attention toward their product. I mean hell, that is huge.

I would do it again since it definitely seemed you let off early. If you got closer to 130mph trap in the 1/4, you would sell more kits. Sort of common sense to me, but...it's your thread man. :hmm:

Omar@ActiveAutowerke 08-27-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboaddiction (Post 8444062)
Thanks Mspired.

That is the response? WTF?

I think that it would be better for AA to post that the car did 122mph at the 1000ft mark in the original post to attract more attention toward their product. I mean hell, that is huge.

I would do it again since it definitely seemed you let off early. If you got closer to 130mph trap in the 1/4, you would sell more kits. Sort of common sense to me, but...it's your thread man. :hmm:

Cameron,

With all due respect I think you have gotten a little ahead of yourself here on the forums and some of your comments to vendors and other members are somewhat offensive and rude.

As far as the 1/4 on the dyno was concerned it was just that a 1/4 run on a dyno. If you are not in agreement with the dyno run then sorry. Lately you have been using your time to drum up hype for vendors instead of being a normal enthusiast. We shared the clip with the community because at the end of the day we are all enthusiast. Its not only about selling kits,etc. We love cars just as much as they do.

p.s. Congrats on the magazine feature this month.:thumbsup:

turboaddiction 08-27-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Active Autowerke (Post 8444119)
Cameron,

With all due respect I think you have gotten a little ahead of yourself here on the forums and some of your comments to vendors and other members are somewhat offensive and rude.

As far as the 1/4 on the dyno was concerned it was just that a 1/4 run on a dyno. If you are not in agreement with the dyno run then sorry. Lately you have been using your time to drum up hype for vendors instead of being a normal enthusiast. We shared the clip with the community because at the end of the day we are all enthusiast. Its not only about selling kits,etc. We love cars just as much as they do.

p.s. Congrats on the magazine feature this month.:thumbsup:

I appreciate you posting the video as an enthusiast. Thank you for doing so. It is always a treat to see any video of an FI BMW. Especially one that is tuned so well and sounds so good! :)

I apologize if I came across like I was trying to be negative towards AA. I actually was trying to help you but I probably worded it poorly. I am excited that the car trapped 122 at 1000ft even though it was on a Mustang Dyno. I think that is pretty huge and I had just wished it kept going up until the 1/4.

I will be very excited to see what the car does on the actual strip. I do applaud AA for being around so long, supplying well engineered FI systems for the BMW enthusiasts and for giving such great service. Just because I like the HPF product does not mean I don't like any of AA's products. I show respect where it is due. And frankly...Taza's car is absolutely, positively massive! I LOVE IT! :bow:

Carry on.

sniperm 08-27-2008 05:33 PM

so this is the gen5 kit? wat comes with the kit? blower and software?

i have a c16 map from u guys would this work? or i wound need a new map?

loayo 08-28-2008 10:34 AM

Simulation

Hey Omar,

Very nice. How does this dyno simulated air drag? Do you put in a drag coefficient ? Obviously this can have some degree of inacuracy correct?

Also, I would make a suggestion to get some track time very early in the morning like around 6AM where there is the most amount of oxygen in the air.
Most Test and Tune times are at night and I am sure if run in the morning times would be better. If you notice magazine car tests they run many times early in the morning.

All the best !

Regards,
Loay

ctsvkilla 08-30-2008 06:21 PM

how much does the kit weigh?

ctsvkilla 09-02-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctsvkilla (Post 8460709)
how much does the kit weigh?

can someone answer my question?!?!

black323i1981 09-02-2008 05:38 PM

how much for a e46 323i. Omar pm me a price on a kit and what i sould expect from it please

johnjohnsonS54 09-02-2008 06:50 PM

I love the look of this kit......very interested in seeing some real world comparisons with VF stage 2 and hpf (pump setting) cars. Does anyone on the forums own one of these kits yet? Not sure if they're for sale to the general public at this time?