E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Sports Central (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   OFFICIAL: e46fanatics Redskins fanpage (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=604245)

ThaHooch 08-30-2008 12:55 AM

OFFICIAL: e46fanatics Redskins fanpage

I know there are a lot of you out there based on the numerous Redskins sigs I see...

Let's discuss the Skins...good or bad

I was excited early in preseason, but the last two games got me a bit worried. The Giants game should be a good indicator for how they'll end up, but I think they'll come on strong at the end of the season like they always do...I certainly don't think they'll end up in the NFC East basement like all of the anal-ist are predicting...

E46_Project 08-30-2008 09:33 AM

HTTR, I was worried with what I saw in the Carolina game, but not really worried with Jacksonville. I just don't know if Jason Campbell is a franchsie QB.

ThaHooch 08-30-2008 04:17 PM

I didn't get to watch the Carolina game and only caught the 4th quarter of the Jacksonville game, so all I know is what I read and there wasn't much positive written. It'll be a different team though, when Portis, Moss and Laundry join the game.

Campbell hasn't done much to impress lately, but I feel some comfort knowing we have capable backups...it's still early, but it looks like Colt will develop into a competent starter.

IGotId 09-02-2008 10:21 PM

HTTR, w/ gibbs' retiring (again) & w/ the danny's fiasco of a job search this past winter, i've come to the somber realization that the 'skins have almost no chance of a return to glory until the danny fires bug-eyed vinny or until he sells the team

DiscoStu 09-02-2008 11:18 PM

I think Campbell is going to do just fine this season and definitely has what it takes to be a franchise QB. Can't wait for Thursday :D

ThaHooch 09-04-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGotId (Post 8473863)
HTTR, w/ gibbs' retiring (again) & w/ the danny's fiasco of a job search this past winter, i've come to the somber realization that the 'skins have almost no chance of a return to glory until the danny fires bug-eyed vinny or until he sells the team

I don't know, they have changed their ways recently and have avoided spending huge cash on every has-been in free agency...I think Danny boy is starting to learn.

Even though the coaching search seemed a bit odd, I'm happy with what we've ended up with...I think Zorn will do a great job, although he's sure to go through some growing pains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscoStu (Post 8474228)
I think Campbell is going to do just fine this season and definitely has what it takes to be a franchise QB. Can't wait for Thursday :D

I hope so...the poor bastard has had to learn a new offense every time he starts to get comfortable. Hopefully, he'll get his chance to shine...I can't wait for tonight :excited: (i hope they don't **** the bed)

DiscoStu 09-04-2008 01:35 PM

5 1/2 hours to go :excited:

guest131 09-04-2008 02:18 PM

HTTR sup fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited for tonight :excited: I was rocking my RIP Sean Taylor shirt in class today got a lot of comments!!!!!!!!! WOOOOT

ThaHooch 09-04-2008 07:20 PM

1st drive...not the greatest start :eek:

ThaHooch 09-04-2008 10:06 PM

0-1

:tsk: Besides Portis, not a single bright spot on the offense...

Defense finally got its sh1t together, but dropped three pics...

I guess there is always next week...hail

guest131 09-04-2008 10:09 PM

Yeah Portis did very well, the rest of the offense is horrible. I think we should have ran the ball more in the first half and I am pretty sure Campbell doesn't know the offense that well yet either..

DiscoStu 09-04-2008 10:52 PM

Defense was great besides the fact they allowed 150 rushing yards. Offense started to show some progress later on in the game. Campbell also showed some promise but needs much more time learning this offense, especially the 2-minute.

IGotId 09-05-2008 08:24 PM

CP has slowly evolved into my 2nd most favorite 'Skins ever...I'm sure you all saw him de-cleat that DE! :excited:

DiscoStu 09-06-2008 02:52 AM

The dude can throw a block!

DiscoStu 09-13-2008 12:53 AM

Any thoughts on this weekends game?

ThaHooch 09-13-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscoStu (Post 8525831)
Any thoughts on this weekends game?

I think we have a pretty good chance of winning, but Campbell and the O-line will have to perform well. Springs should be back, so the secondary should be in good shape, especially with their #1 receiver, Colston, out for the game. Laundry will be looking to redeem himself after he made the highlight reel getting steamrolled by Jacobs last week...Reggie Bush may get the brunt of that. I also think Jason Taylor will be out to make a good impression on the home crowd after his lackluster performance last week, and they'll need it to keep Breeze on his toes. Portis has always had a good game in the home opener, so no worries there...I think he'll get 100+ yards and at least 1 TD. In the end, I think it will come down to putting pressure on Breeze and containing Bush, and o-line giving Jason Campbell enough time to get the passing game going...

HAIL

ThaHooch 09-14-2008 07:39 PM

:excited: The Skins looked like a completely different team this week. If they can do a better job of finishing drives, they'll be hard to beat...

DiscoStu 09-14-2008 08:21 PM

http://static.nfl.com/static/content...allery_600.jpg

IGotId 09-16-2008 08:53 PM

helluva game! wish i could have seen in up here in MA!

ThaHooch 09-21-2008 05:39 PM

Put away the Cards...now it's on to Dallas. I think we can give them a hard time, but it will be a tough game. Do you think the offense has enough time under Zorn's system to compete with Dallas?