VF Stg 2- Help me with my setup!
I would appreciate any help I can get. I pulled the trigger on the VF Stage 2 and was hoping to get some suggestions on my setup. My area of concern are the following:
1. I just put on an El Diablo exhaust (non race). How much do you estimate this will hinder any performance gains if at all?
2. I have after market UUC under drive pullies. Will this be okay with the VF Stage 2 setup or should I go back to stock?
3. Will ebay headers work? The price is very tempting and I've read all the posts dealing with these but will it hold up in a F/I car?
4. Which high flow cats are you using?
5. Is there anything else you recommend me to change out with this install? I have just shy of 60,000 miles on my 2003.5 M3.
6. What type of gauges are you guys running with? Can you provide pics and links to where you purchased them?
Thanks again guys for your input. I'm totally stoked on this purchase and have been going back and forth on either VF or HPF but I'm sure I chose the right kit.
i have this :
Jet Hot Headers,
RE El Track Edition Exhaust,
Go back to the stock pullies, don't run underpullies with the VF kit.
We do not reccomend aftermarket pullies as it makes it very difficult to source the correct serpentine belt for our system when pulley sizes are changed.
Thanks guys for all the responses. The reason I posted this- I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on the items above. I have addressed VF on all of my concerns and their response was:
1. Exhaust shouldn't effect performance numbers.
2. I should place stock under drive pullies? (see comment above)
3. Ebay headers should work fine- many members are running with this and have shown no issues.
4. Random Technology cats found here: http://www.namotorwerks.com/products...hp/II=424/PA=0
5. Clutch should be the only thing I should consider changing with the 60K miles on the clock
6. No gauges are necessary
I wanted to throw this out to the F/I M3 community to see what their personal experiences were and what their recommendations are. Thanks again!
Here we have a bunch of kits leaving to customers today!
One special set of boxes going out to DC @ Dyno Spot for an expert install on Patrick's car.
Hopefully we will get install pics and a play by play write up once installed right Patrick??? :thumbsup:
Here is your M3's new shoes:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.