E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   What is HorsepowerFreaks Working on Now? - new details here (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=606002)

HPF Chris 09-05-2008 11:30 PM

What is HorsepowerFreaks Working on Now? - new details here

Now that we've dialed in 4 stages of turbo systems, (1, 2, 2.5 and 3) you guys might be wondering what we're working on now. Since I've had a few drinks, I figured I'd tell you since I'm pretty excited about it.

We're working on the next stage. My car is getting a new fuel system next week and we're turning up the power in excess of 900rwhp (1100bhp). You've probably seen many HPF stage 3 races where the cars fall behind at 80mph due to traction issues only to come back hard at 140mph. No more with our new stage 4. This stage will utilize speed based boost control. Boost will increase progressively providing the maximum boost the tires can handle at low speeds increasing progressively until the tires can handle full power at the higher speeds. This will allow the driver to floor it at any speed at get the correct amount of power and the maximum amount of acceleration. In the event that wheel spin occurs, our EMS will also initiation our own traction control that has 5 different sensitivity settings controlled from the cabin. This traction control is unlike any other traction control system on the market today. You will not here a popping sound from the exhaust from ignition cut, and it will not pull back the throttle. It is an ingenious traction control system that JP has developed. With our traction control you won't hear it at all, in fact you won't even feel it. It will decrease power immediately to prevent wheel spin but will do so in a very smooth fashion. With this setup, you can also leave BMW's traction and stability control on. That will allow the driver to nail the throttle at the apex of the corner and have the power come on evenly without spinning the tires or losing control. All three mechanisms when dialed in properly for the tires the owner is using and the road conditions should allow our customers to dominate at the track.

This is an exciting time for the M3 and an exciting time for us. Creating these new products allows us to continue to push the envelope and we'll continue to push it until we've reached the top. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress and post up pictures and dyno graphs and videos of all of this in action. The next videos you see of my car will not be of it playing catch up!!!

Take care,
Chris.

///Mikey 09-06-2008 12:48 AM

Quality work! :thumbsup:

HiRide 09-06-2008 01:06 AM

Holy Crap!!! You guys are just a few nuts amd bolts short of creating a whole new car... might be worth looking into :D

Have any of the STG 3 cars run larger than stock wheels and sticky tires yet? Seems like they blow all their cash on the kit and then run around on 9 inch wide rims..

How bad is the traction loss on any of the STG 3's that are running 10in or wider rims? Still pretty bad?

Ervin87 09-06-2008 02:38 AM

Wow. Great news. Will this be something that all stages will be able to have?

ice330ci05 09-06-2008 06:50 AM

it all sounds GOOD, but what are the plans for the 330?

zeshon 09-06-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ice330ci05 (Post 8492387)

To mention that there may be something in the works for them.

SmoKeNfLY 09-06-2008 07:57 AM

Why spend more and buy a e92 when you can get a hpf stage 1,2,2.5, etc? I'm all on board with hpf. Now I just gotta decide which body part I need least. :bow:

05SCM3 09-06-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin87 (Post 8492134)
Wow. Great news. Will this be something that all stages will be able to have?

Yes, Chris - do tell! I presume this is the case as all your stages are impacted to varying degrees with this traction issue. If you need to, have a cocktail and let the beans spill. :excited:

supersickbimmer 09-06-2008 10:34 AM

Cool, I was looking into the racelogic traction control system and now your coming out with this. Very exciting.:thumbsup:

AMG-ETR 09-06-2008 12:32 PM

very nice Chris! :thumbsup:

Custom3 09-06-2008 01:02 PM

I thought you guys were already on top :hmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPF Chris (Post 8491588)
Now that we've dialed in 4 stages of turbo systems, (1, 2, 2.5 and 3) you guys might be wondering what we're working on now. Since I've had a few drinks, I figured I'd tell you since I'm pretty excited about it.

We're working on the next stage. My car is getting a new fuel system next week and we're turning up the power in excess of 900rwhp (1100bhp). You've probably seen many HPF stage 3 races where the cars fall behind at 80mph due to traction issues only to come back hard at 140mph. No more with our new stage 4. This stage will utilize speed based boost control. Boost will increase progressively providing the maximum boost the tires can handle at low speeds increasing progressively until the tires can handle full power at the higher speeds. This will allow the driver to floor it at any speed at get the correct amount of power and the maximum amount of acceleration. In the event that wheel spin occurs, our EMS will also initiation our own traction control that has 5 different sensitivity settings controlled from the cabin. This traction control is unlike any other traction control system on the market today. You will not here a popping sound from the exhaust from ignition cut, and it will not pull back the throttle. It is an ingenious traction control system that JP has developed. With our traction control you won't hear it at all, in fact you won't even feel it. It will decrease power immediately to prevent wheel spin but will do so in a very smooth fashion. With this setup, you can also leave BMW's traction and stability control on. That will allow the driver to nail the throttle at the apex of the corner and have the power come on evenly without spinning the tires or losing control. All three mechanisms when dialed in properly for the tires the owner is using and the road conditions should allow our customers to dominate at the track.

This is an exciting time for the M3 and an exciting time for us. Creating these new products allows us to continue to push the envelope and we'll continue to push it until we've reached the top. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress and post up pictures and dyno graphs and videos of all of this in action. The next videos you see of my car will not be of it playing catch up!!!

Take care,
Chris.

KamPow3r 09-06-2008 01:02 PM

Chris, its good to hear all the accomplishments and new goals you and your team set for the BMW Enthusiats, not only I but we all look forward to your postings, videos, etc.

Furthemore, I was wondering what is the news and status of the e39 M5 Kits? I know you mentioned it was on hold until MFest is over. Reason I ask, I am highly interested in seeing what you have to offer and the performance it will make becuase not only will I be shipping my M3 to you, I also will be shipping my M5 as well.

I just can't wait when I come to pick up both the M3 and M5 with the HPF Kits.

Thanks!

Custom3 09-06-2008 01:03 PM

none...lol
Probably will be to busy working on the new M3 that our 330s wont be getting any love :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by ice330ci05 (Post 8492387)

///M3Turk 09-06-2008 01:27 PM

:thumbup:

HPF Chris 09-06-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KamPow3r (Post 8492995)
Chris, its good to hear all the accomplishments and new goals you and your team set for the BMW Enthusiats, not only I but we all look forward to your postings, videos, etc.

Furthemore, I was wondering what is the news and status of the e39 M5 Kits? I know you mentioned it was on hold until MFest is over. Reason I ask, I am highly interested in seeing what you have to offer and the performance it will make becuase not only will I be shipping my M3 to you, I also will be shipping my M5 as well.

I just can't wait when I come to pick up both the M3 and M5 with the HPF Kits.

Thanks!

We have much of the M5 twin turbo kit designed. However... There's so much money to be spent from the design standpoint to get to full production that I have been questioning whether it would be better to do the 330i kit next.

The reason we're still pushing the M3 is because I want "BIG" exposure and the only way to do it is with a crazy car with mad numbers that can handle like it's on rails. I am going after shows, magazines, tuner competitions and ultimately tv. Once our car is at stage 4, then my engineers will begin the 330i development. Once those kits start rolling out, then we'll switch back to the M5. There are just too many 330 customers waiting for turbos.

Take care,
Chris.

azjimi 09-06-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPF Chris (Post 8493233)
The reason we're still pushing the M3 is because I want "BIG" exposure and the only way to do it is with a crazy car with mad numbers that can handle like it's on rails. I am going after shows, magazines, tuner competitions and ultimately tv.

I like your goals....especially that your car will not be just a straightliner.

turboaddiction 09-06-2008 04:07 PM

Well there you have it. Great news for the 330 guys! :thumbsup:

SPDu4ea 09-06-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboaddiction (Post 8493525)
Well there you have it. Great news for the 330 guys! :thumbsup:

Buys your biz some time to weather this storm, I guess...

SPDu4ea 09-06-2008 04:28 PM

Chris -- any update on the RHD M3 that shipped out to you guys a month or so back?

MSpired 09-06-2008 04:31 PM

This sounds pretty sick! Can't wait to see your car on some time attacks, etc...