E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   14 psi? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=612001)

e46Bermann 09-28-2008 04:22 PM

14 psi?
 
hello friends, I am quite happy with the outcome of Level 2 of C38 of AA, now blown to 10.5 psi, I understand that most of the block and components M54B30 3.0L, 400hp approx can withstand a few, now I would like to increase the Blow to 14psi, I think I just need a pulley to achieve this, I would like to know your views thanks.

docwyte 09-28-2008 04:34 PM

The C38 can't spin to that level of boost.

e46Bermann 09-28-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docwyte (Post 8599620)
The C38 can't spin to that level of boost.

important to your opinion
Pulley diameters available 70,75,80,85,90,95,100,105,110mm

MSpired 09-28-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docwyte (Post 8599620)
The C38 can't spin to that level of boost.

x2, the most I would squeeze out of the C38 is 11psi, and even that is overspinning the blower by a good amount.

e46Bermann 09-28-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSpired (Post 8599681)
x2, the most I would squeeze out of the C38 is 11psi, and even that is overspinning the blower by a good amount.


That is, one can not by the technical characteristics of the C38? because that's what I'm understanding.

I read that Japanese cars will put the C30 with peaks of 14 psi, I am confused.

Activ3 09-28-2008 05:10 PM

The smallest pulley you can run on the C38 with the OEM non-m crank pulley without overspinning the blower is 80mm. That should put you at 12.XXpsi, and with supporting mods, you'll be at over 350whp.

Many japanese cars have smaller displacements, so they require less a smaller volume of air to create X amount of boost.

docwyte 09-28-2008 05:14 PM

The rotrex blower itself can not spin that fast, it'll blow up if you try to get it to push 14 psi. Just because the pulley exists doesn't mean you should use it in your application.

e46Bermann 09-28-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Activ3 (Post 8599739)
The smallest pulley you can run on the C38 with the OEM non-m crank pulley without overspinning the blower is 80mm. That should put you at 12.XXpsi, and with supporting mods, you'll be at over 350whp.

Many japanese cars have smaller displacements, so they require less a smaller volume of air to create X amount of boost.

Thank you very much, then with 12.xx psi can reach the level that I want?, Speak with Kirk Tabera to send me the 80mm pulley, you can talk about your preparation for PM, I would like (If this is not a problem) more info or tips to me,,, again thank you very much.

e46Bermann 09-28-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docwyte (Post 8599754)
The rotrex blower itself can not spin that fast, it'll blow up if you try to get it to push 14 psi. Just because the pulley exists doesn't mean you should use it in your application.

OK, I understand, then thank you for your comments, greetings.

Bimmerguy82 09-30-2008 04:24 AM

If you are going for gobs of HP and high boost, you are better off with a turbo setup. :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use