E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   19's rubbing in front on stock sport suspension.... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=614921)

Titanium 325 10-09-2008 08:18 AM

19's rubbing in front on stock sport suspension....

First off I have searched and still cannot find what I am looking for here, so bear with me.

Ok, I just put 19" Miro M6 reps on my car with 235 35 19 fronts and 265 30 19 rears. I am rubbing more often in the front then the rear. I have a wheel well gap with the stock sport suspension, so I am perpelexed as to why it is rubbing.

I do not see any scars on the sides of the tire and I think it must be hitting on the splash guards or something.

Any of you with lowred cars on 19s have this issue? If so, how did you address it? I am afraid to drop the car if I am rubbing now. The offsets are correct for my car, I double checked them before I orderd the wheels. so I don't think it is that.

Please let me know your thoughts. It is only rubbing when the suspension is under load (cornering at speed and some dips) and not when parking or anything like that. It is very odd. It does not rubb all the time, so I am assuming I am hitting the splash guard on the fronts somewhere.

Thoughts? Here are a couple of pics to show that it is not slammed or even all that close to touching. Very odd.

Will have to take a more striaght side shot, but you can still see the wheel gap. The offset is E46 specific and is what the various vendors are carrying. :) Any thoughts on this issue are apprecaited.

Thanks.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...S5001433-1.jpg

M3_GTR 10-09-2008 08:26 AM

are you sure there 19's
they look massive :omg:

Titanium 325 10-09-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3_GTR (Post 8659003)
are you sure there 19's
they look massive :omg:

Positive. LOL :D

2000_328CI 10-09-2008 09:02 AM

something has to be wrong. I ran staggered 19's on stock sport suspension with 235 in front and 265 in the rear and never had rubbing issues. Even now, dropped on pss9s, I don't have any rubbing. Something has to be wrong with the offset or camber.

2000_328CI 10-09-2008 09:15 AM

something has to be wrong. I ran staggered 19's on stock sport suspension with 235 in front and 265 in the rear and never had rubbing issues. Even now, dropped on pss9s, I don't have any rubbing. Something has to be wrong with the offset or camber.

01330vert 10-09-2008 09:43 AM

dude i had the same exact problem with my miro m6 reps. i am running the same tire size setup. to eliminate the front rubbing i had to purchase a new suspension. my stock sport suspension was shot with 95,xxx miles on it. the new shocks would give you less bounce and eliminate some rubbing. you best bet is to do what i did and use this opportunity to grab a set of coilovers! the rear will likely rub on you also, to fix the rear i had my fenders cut, it eliminated all rub even with the backseat full. pm me if you need any help

Titanium 325 10-09-2008 09:53 AM

[Quite=2001_328Ci]something has to be wrong. I ran staggered 19's on stock sport suspension with 235 in front and 265 in the rear and never had rubbing issues. Even now, dropped on pss9s, I don't have any rubbing. Something has to be wrong with the offset or camber. [/quote]

I have not had an alignment yet, so it could be the camber as well. But I am wondering if the stock shocks are at their limit. They do have 81K on them. The car never seemed to bounce much though before and rode very tight and still does, but I guess it just has too much up and down movement for the 19s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01330vert (Post 8659072)
dude i had the same exact problem with my miro m6 reps. i am running the same tire size setup. to eliminate the front rubbing i had to purchase a new suspension. my stock sport suspension was shot with 95,xxx miles on it. the new shocks would give you less bounce and eliminate some rubbing. you best bet is to do what i did and use this opportunity to grab a set of coilovers! the rear will likely rub on you also, to fix the rear i had my fenders cut, it eliminated all rub even with the backseat full. pm me if you need any help

That is what I have been wondering. I really don't have the funds to do coilovers right now... I may just have to replace the shocks for now. Unless I can find a reasonable kit somewhere and get it installed though my Indy shop as well.

I will have to check on that. Thanks man. I apprecaite it!

I was wondering if the aftermarket springs are tight enough to keep the front end from compressing so much even though they sit lower?

Cruzader 10-09-2008 10:04 AM

i have just under 60,000 miles on my sport suspension and my front passenger fender has been pulled down by my tire. i have a buncha scars on my tire edge now and it usually happens when im turning and theres a bump/pothole. the first time it happened was when i was visiting home in a construction zone that i was not familiar with, hit a big pothole, and that got it pretty bad. it hasnt stopped happening since then since roads in tallahassee suck.