E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   BMW Business CD Issues - 2001 E46 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=621007)

nX07 10-31-2008 04:05 PM

BMW Business CD Issues - 2001 E46
 
I'm having an issue with my BMW Business CD head unit.

This morning I was playing a CD and I wanted to switch it's track, however it would not switch. I tried both the steering wheel controls as well as the head-unit controls. I figured it was some obscure glitch so I turned off and on; went back to the CD mode and nothing happened.

It says 'TR' and RND as if it was in random playback mode (I've never set it to that), and nothing will work CD-related. I can't change the track (no number appears, only TR), nor can I eject the CD.

The radio works fine, as does the steering-wheel and head unit controls to change the stations; just nothing works with anything pertaining to CD functionality. I can't even eject the CD whilist the vehicle is off (if you hold the eject button down while the car is off it will eject the disc).

Does anyone have any insight as to why my CD player is behaving the way it is?

Thanks!

dirtbiker245 10-31-2008 04:09 PM

I know that mine wont let me change tracks, and it wont read cd's past track 7.... figure that one out. hahah.

Chris@ModBargains 10-31-2008 04:10 PM

Try pulling the fuse in the glovebox and see if that can reset the unit.

Raymond42262 10-31-2008 04:19 PM

Are you sure it is not a scratched CD? Have you tried swapping out another one to check?

Many330i 11-25-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nX07 (Post 8798353)
I'm having an issue with my BMW Business CD head unit.

This morning I was playing a CD and I wanted to switch it's track, however it would not switch. I tried both the steering wheel controls as well as the head-unit controls. I figured it was some obscure glitch so I turned off and on; went back to the CD mode and nothing happened.

It says 'TR' and RND as if it was in random playback mode (I've never set it to that), and nothing will work CD-related. I can't change the track (no number appears, only TR), nor can I eject the CD.

The radio works fine, as does the steering-wheel and head unit controls to change the stations; just nothing works with anything pertaining to CD functionality. I can't even eject the CD whilist the vehicle is off (if you hold the eject button down while the car is off it will eject the disc).

Does anyone have any insight as to why my CD player is behaving the way it is?

Thanks!

Did you ever manage to resolve this problem? My Business CD started acting-up in the exact same manner as you described. Did pulling out the fuse work, or something else?:hi:

aleksankazakov 10-03-2012 11:15 AM

Mine does not take any CDs anymore. I cannot listen CDs. I dont know what is the issue . Is it a mechanical part broken or what. It does not make any sounds when you try to insert CD. It just like trying to stick CD in something where it not goes. Radio works but i can not listen this crap they have 5 songs the same 5 songs on all stations and they never change them . it is like having one CD and running it all year long. No wounder people are so stupid

joegr 10-03-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleksankazakov (Post 14783910)
Mine does not take any CDs anymore. I cannot listen CDs. I dont know what is the issue . Is it a mechanical part broken or what. It does not make any sounds when you try to insert CD. It just like trying to stick CD in something where it not goes. Radio works but i can not listen this crap they have 5 songs the same 5 songs on all stations and they never change them . it is like having one CD and running it all year long. No wounder people are so stupid

You can add satellite radio and then have ten songs per channel. I use an iPOD adapter and have thousands of songs to listen to.

aleksankazakov 10-03-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joegr (Post 14783951)
You can add satellite radio and then have ten songs per channel. I use an iPOD adapter and have thousands of songs to listen to.

i know there is a DIY on AUX in Buisness CD . The part I need to order, but i just want my CD changer to start working again.

joegr 10-03-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleksankazakov (Post 14784248)
i know there is a DIY on AUX in Buisness CD . The part I need to order, but i just want my CD changer to start working again.

I would guess that one of the optical sensors inside has failed, but it could be many other things. There are probably places you could send it for repair. There's also the option of buying a used one on ebay. You could get one of the newer used ones that also play MP3 CDs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use