E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Foam lance/ gun user....got a ???? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=626104)

///MR3LIGION 11-19-2008 03:19 PM

Foam lance/ gun or this PRODUCT
 
Foam LANCER,
Could I use this w/o the pressure washer thus acting like a regular foam gunner. I have a pressure washer but just want to know if it works fine w/o it.

Foam GUNNER,
Would this work just fine?

To both of you,
Do I need to purchase a FOAM shampoo for it to work or a regular carwash soap is cool?
What brand should I get for the LANCER/ GUNNER?
:str8pimpi

///MR3LIGION 11-20-2008 05:46 PM

quiet hey........

eyezack87 11-20-2008 06:09 PM

Foam gun is designed to work with a normal hose and stuff. AKA this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...3BMEBC4EAJP4M9

Foam lance is designed to work with pressure washer only using an array of attachments designed to work with one another. The most common one is the CamSpray attachment

It goes down to personal preference. I have a foam gun for now since I cannot afford a PW + foam lance YET. Works well enough for me. I use Megs Gold Class shampoo with great effect :4ngie:


Now, would you have a foam gun or a foam lance? To put the picture in your mind, here is a comparison of the two. First is foam gun on maximum setting. 2nd is some guys foam lance lol
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...d/DSCN5365.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8684/dp1025jw8.jpg

You can see why I want the lance now :P

eyezack87 11-20-2008 06:11 PM

I also want to add that my last experiment mix of car washes/P21S TAW was so bubbly that they were all carried off by the wind so I decided to tweak it a bit and thats what you see in my picture lol

///MR3LIGION 11-21-2008 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This may be an alternative for the bucks
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=9189097

But then I am not exactly sure if it would work. My assumption is feasible with a High water pressure or just the hose alone....:confused:

Stormos 11-22-2008 05:42 AM

Foam Lances Rule!!! I LOVE mine!

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/images/HDFOAMLANCE.JPG

joedaddy 12-15-2008 06:21 PM

can somebody list out the parts that i need to order online?

I figure I can just pick up a pressure washer from Costco or Home Depot.. but what about foam cannon, etc?

Greg@DetailedImage.com 12-16-2008 06:01 PM

As stated above a foam lance is what is used with a pressure washer and produces a finer mist. The foam gun can be used with any hose and requires no additional attachments. We carry the Gilmour Foamaster II foam gun which works great if interested. Normally it's $59.99 and we have it on sale for Decmeber only and it comes with a FREE Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss ($9 Value). This is an excellent automotive shampoo that can safely remove old wax and sealant and give you a fresh surface to start detailing with. Simply just add in the desired amount of shampoo, adjust the dial and hook it up to your hose and start spraying foam everywhere! Let me know if you have any questions about these items.
http://www.detailedimage.com/pics/pr...oamaster-M.gif

Greg @ Detailed Image

mrtt 12-19-2008 07:33 PM

after foaming the entire car, do you just rinse off or actually rub it and then rinse?

Stormos 12-20-2008 02:20 AM

I've seen the gilmour in action and it's not a patch on a PW Foam Lance.

good if you have no PW though.

Greg@DetailedImage.com 12-21-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 9098547)
after foaming the entire car, do you just rinse off or actually rub it and then rinse?

I typically spray the foam over the vehicle and then use a my Ulti-Mit or Grout Sponge or Sheepskin Wash Mitt to wash the surface (with a rinse bucket). If you just spray the foam you certainly will remove some of the surface contaminants but a mitt/sponge will be needed for a more thorough cleaning. If you don't use a mitt or sponge then you definitely should not apply any product after like a polish, wax, etc. because you will likely grind in contaminants causing micro-scratches. Let me know if you have questions.

Greg

mrtt 12-21-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregs (Post 9104917)
I typically spray the foam over the vehicle and then use a my Ulti-Mit or Grout Sponge or Sheepskin Wash Mitt to wash the surface (with a rinse bucket). If you just spray the foam you certainly will remove some of the surface contaminants but a mitt/sponge will be needed for a more thorough cleaning. If you don't use a mitt or sponge then you definitely should not apply any product after like a polish, wax, etc. because you will likely grind in contaminants causing micro-scratches. Let me know if you have questions.

Greg

I see... can you direct me where to buy the foam lance along w/ attachment to use w/ my pressure washer?

After using a sponge to clean vehicle, do you recommend using pressure washer to rinse or just bucket of water or does it matter?

Before covering your car w/ foam, do you rinse your car w/ water first?

PHARMTECH 12-21-2008 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I' selling a foam lance.
I used it once to try it out, it has quick disconnect fitting $95 plus shippingUS only

Greg@DetailedImage.com 12-22-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 9106473)
I see... can you direct me where to buy the foam lance along w/ attachment to use w/ my pressure washer?

After using a sponge to clean vehicle, do you recommend using pressure washer to rinse or just bucket of water or does it matter?

Before covering your car w/ foam, do you rinse your car w/ water first?

I don't carry the foam lance now but i'm sure you can get it with a quick google search. It should be a pretty straight forward purchase to get everything you need. You don't have to rinse the vehicle with water before, it's really personal preference.

To rinse the vehicle most effectively I recommend you remove any of the nozzles and just let the water flood the surface with a regular hose. By flooding the surface you help lift and carry contaminants down and off the vehicle. Start at the top and work your way down. This process also helps pull the water down the paint as you rinse it, thus decreasing the amount of time you spend drying.

Greg @ Detailed Image

mrtt 12-22-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHARMTECH (Post 9106893)
I' selling a foam lance.
I used it once to try it out, it has quick disconnect fitting $95 plus shippingUS only

how big is the bottle?

PHARMTECH 12-22-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 9112684)
how big is the bottle?

I'm not sure I think maybe a pint or more.
I have seen others replace the bottle the threads are common size.
I used it full of soap without water, it produced sods that looked as if the car had snow on it!

mrtt 12-23-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHARMTECH (Post 9112836)
I'm not sure I think maybe a pint or more.
I have seen others replace the bottle the threads are common size.
I used it full of soap without water, it produced sods that looked as if the car had snow on it!

do you run out of soap before you can finish covering the car?

PHARMTECH 12-23-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 9117074)
do you run out of soap before you can finish covering the car?

Never in fact it floods the street you have to cut the soap with water or you get more suds than you can handel.!
detaildr@socal.rr.com

DetailDan 12-26-2008 12:42 AM

You dont need a special soap, but some foam more than others. I can tell you that Megs gold class and NXT dont foam much. But CG citrus wash n gloss and pure citrus wash foam a lot.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use