E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Best LED Interior & License Plate Bulbs (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=631725)

4 door 330 12-10-2008 02:32 PM

Best LED Interior & License Plate Bulbs
 
So, these are for a 2001 330i, and I think I have all the right sizes from a few threads on here:

Center : (3) 168/194 Wedge Bulbs
Rear Reading/Map: (4) 168/194 Wedge Bulbs
License Plate: (2) 39mm Festoon Bulbs
Inside Trunk: (2) 44mm Festoon Bulbs
Footwell: (2) 39mm Festoon Bulbs
Vanity Lights: (2) 39mm Festoon Bulbs

Trunk auxiliary: (2) 39mm Festoon Bulbs
I need two extra trunk bulbs because I put two vanity lights in there.

I have heard both 39mm and 44mm for the vanity lights but I think 44mm is for the M3 only.

I'm getting ready to order all of the bulbs but I just wanted tomake sure these are the correct sizes, and I wanted to know aht you guys think are the bet bulbs to order for the different lights. (I assume wide angle for floor/ceiling, and narrow angle for map lights)

Thanks in advance! -Dylan

JK1150 12-10-2008 02:43 PM

just get them from jlevisw or another vendor. you know they will fit and I believe they are warrantied. good service too.

cuz.iknim 12-10-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK1150 (Post 9046660)
just get them from jlevisw or another vendor. you know they will fit and I believe they are warrantied. good service too.

I got the interior LED kit from jlevi SW. It does look cool, but it seems to be dark a little bit even though it was high output LEDs.
Also this kit does not include the license plate bulb.. you have to buy seperately.

4 door 330 12-10-2008 03:19 PM

Yeah, from what I've seen I can get the light set WITH the license plate bulbs for about the same price as the kit without them. This is why I'm going to order them seperately instead of from a sponsor.

jamex 12-10-2008 04:14 PM

jlevi\bimmian kit does come with license plate bulbs but they are the blue tinted filament bulbs, not LED. unless you have a vanity plate you're proud of or something like that I don't see the point in making your plate more visible to the popo.

Kenny@JleviSW 12-10-2008 05:16 PM

Here are the links if you're interested. Each kit will come with certain number of bulbs as well as the types specifically for your car.

Interior lighting kit


V2 LPL- these are on backorder but will be back in stock in about 3 weeks.

4 door 330 12-11-2008 11:23 AM

I'm not proud of the plate or anything, I just want all of the bulbs to match. I added the door handle LEDs so my interior bulbs look out of place, same with the license plate lights.

BMW_Matt 12-11-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW (Post 9047519)
Here are the links if you're interested. Each kit will come with certain number of bulbs as well as the types specifically for your car.

Interior lighting kit


V2 LPL- these are on backorder but will be back in stock in about 3 weeks.

Hey Kenny, I have these xenon white v2's and they seem to be a lot bigger than the regular lights. Is this normal? Do you just have to stuff em in there and stretch out the holders or something?

Edison@JleviSW 12-11-2008 12:30 PM

Is this the interior kit or the license plate lights?

BMW_Matt 12-11-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW (Post 9051622)
Is this the interior kit or the license plate lights?

License plate lights

Kenny@JleviSW 12-11-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Matt (Post 9051385)
Hey Kenny, I have these xenon white v2's and they seem to be a lot bigger than the regular lights. Is this normal? Do you just have to stuff em in there and stretch out the holders or something?

Yeah there are 2 "clips" on the sides that you can push out: put one end of the bulb in and then just push the other clip out a bit and install the other end in. They will fit just fine so no worries there. :)

BMW_Matt 12-11-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW (Post 9051756)
Yeah there are 2 "clips" on the sides that you can push out: put one end of the bulb in and then just push the other clip out a bit and install the other end in. They will fit just fine so no worries there. :)

K, thanks Kenny, I'll go try it!

jamex 12-15-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Matt (Post 9051810)
K, thanks Kenny, I'll go try it!

post back with your impressions of the V2s LEDs vs filament. I have the xenon filament bulbs that came with the interior kit, and they're not overly bright but thats never bothered me much. curious how others find the difference.

umnitza 12-15-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4 door 330 (Post 9046607)
So, these are for a 2001 330i, and I think I have all the right sizes from a few threads on here:

Center : (3) 168/194 Wedge Bulbs
Rear Reading/Map: (4) 168/194 Wedge Bulbs
License Plate: (2) 39mm Festoon Bulbs
Inside Trunk: (2) 44mm Festoon Bulbs
Footwell: (2) 39mm Festoon Bulbs
Vanity Lights: (2) 39mm Festoon Bulbs

Trunk auxiliary: (2) 39mm Festoon Bulbs
I need two extra trunk bulbs because I put two vanity lights in there.

I have heard both 39mm and 44mm for the vanity lights but I think 44mm is for the M3 only.

I'm getting ready to order all of the bulbs but I just wanted tomake sure these are the correct sizes, and I wanted to know aht you guys think are the bet bulbs to order for the different lights. (I assume wide angle for floor/ceiling, and narrow angle for map lights)

Thanks in advance! -Dylan

Here you can pick out exactly which ones you need and we pre-specify them with our supplier to be exactly the same color:

AMBIENCE LINE

http://www.umnitza.com/albums/IONLic...90overhead.jpg
And our V3 - the highest specific output LED Lic.
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?products_id=292

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4 door 330 (Post 9051334)
I'm not proud of the plate or anything, I just want all of the bulbs to match. I added the door handle LEDs so my interior bulbs look out of place, same with the license plate lights.

See above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamex (Post 9071549)
post back with your impressions of the V2s LEDs vs filament. I have the xenon filament bulbs that came with the interior kit, and they're not overly bright but thats never bothered me much. curious how others find the difference.

V2 on our site are metal, they are not as good as the V3 which are plastic surround.

Nuori 12-26-2008 12:19 AM

You can buy the so-called "LED V2" bulbs on eBay for $10.21 shipped. I just bought some. lol






http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__2pcs-39mm-Festoon-High-Bright-White-2-LED-Bulbs_W0QQitemZ120347899151QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20Truck Q20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Tr uck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item120347899151&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

TommyB 01-06-2009 10:29 AM

Just ordered a pair from there too, not bad for 7 delivered to the UK.

mattmo91 01-06-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny@JleviSW (Post 9047519)
Here are the links if you're interested. Each kit will come with certain number of bulbs as well as the types specifically for your car.

Interior lighting kit


V2 LPL- these are on backorder but will be back in stock in about 3 weeks.

Jlevi for a coupe is $95 friggin dollars!!! :omg:

jamex 01-06-2009 07:06 PM

Did you receive\install these yet? No fitment or other issues? How does the brightness compare to the previous bulbs you had? I've got the bimmian kit with the filament bulbs but might check these out since the price is right.

umnitza 01-06-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuori (Post 9126269)
You can buy the so-called "LED V2" bulbs on eBay for $10.21 shipped. I just bought some. lol

True. The problem with these bulbs generally is that they:
a) overheat
b) burn out in 6 months.

We've been fortunate to find the V3 (what we used to call V2) and those never burn out, and never fail and they are 50% brighter than the V2.

http://www.umnitza.com/product_info....oducts_id=1184

http://www.umnitza.com/albums/IONLic...comparison.jpg

Ignore the captions.

BMW_Matt 01-06-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamex (Post 9071549)
post back with your impressions of the V2s LEDs vs filament. I have the xenon filament bulbs that came with the interior kit, and they're not overly bright but thats never bothered me much. curious how others find the difference.

I never got them to work :dunno:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use