E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Polls & Surveys - Please Participate! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Under Drive Pulley Kits: Rogue Engineering, Turner Motorsport, or UUC (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=634941)

LooKitsCHAVIT 12-23-2008 10:10 PM

Under Drive Pulley Kits: Rogue Engineering, Turner Motorsport, or UUC

I want to purchase under drive pulleys for my car. Which brand do you recommend and why? Please vote.

1. Rogue Engineering
2. Turner Motorsport
3. UUC

n2Bimmer 12-24-2008 04:04 PM

Bhs

Steve@ASPTuning 12-25-2008 12:53 AM

What about our pulley kits...

http://asptuning.com/new/product_inf...products_id=50

LooKitsCHAVIT 12-27-2008 05:04 AM

I would really like to know the differences in quality and performance between all of these companies. Or are there really none?

Steve@ASPTuning 12-27-2008 02:23 PM

Well there's no difference really, but the way its made and what materials are used can be a big factor.

In our pulleys we use lightweight and heavy duty aluminum to withstand the stresses that may be applied during peak performance.

So its really personal preference what company you'd like to go with.

Our kit has 3 pulleys versus other companies with one.

And then of course you have to add on the belt.

Steve
ASPTuning

djnekkon 01-01-2009 01:24 PM

True...

mspdan 01-06-2009 12:12 AM

So does underdriving not have a negative effect? Less cooling, battery drain, etc.? Is this the same Ruff of Porsche fame?

beingdevious 01-07-2009 09:45 AM

UUC kit does not underdrive the alternator. their reason is stated on their site, but in short:
Quote:

Underdriving the alternator would have ramifications ranging from dim lights at idle, to insufficient charging ability, and potentially as far as damage to your BMW's voltage-sensitive components.
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/udp/udp...escription.htm

i have it, and just as expected, you will not notice a difference. you just get to say "i have cool pulleys"
albeit, im not unhappy with the purchase. There's really not much to notice. Also, if you're going to do it i would suggest using the Stewart Hi-Flow water pump.
Underdriving the OEM pump is fine, but if you upgrade the pump and then underdrive it... you're back to OEM flow, but you gained from removing the parasitic drag.

i have noticed some tiny improvements in rev time, but not much. there's also not much of a weight difference between OEM and the UUC kit. i cant say how much, because didnt put them on a scale.. but holding them individually, there isnt.

CWABimmer 01-09-2009 07:10 AM

This is so odd. I would have thought it would be Rogue, TMS, then UUC. I guess I was really wrong!

aggieE46 01-09-2009 02:36 PM

I like my EvoSports, but I voted UUC.

tom @ eas 01-09-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beingdevious (Post 9188707)
UUC kit does not underdrive the alternator. their reason is stated on their site, but in short:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/udp/udp...escription.htm

i have it, and just as expected, you will not notice a difference. you just get to say "i have cool pulleys"
albeit, im not unhappy with the purchase. There's really not much to notice. Also, if you're going to do it i would suggest using the Stewart Hi-Flow water pump.
Underdriving the OEM pump is fine, but if you upgrade the pump and then underdrive it... you're back to OEM flow, but you gained from removing the parasitic drag.

i have noticed some tiny improvements in rev time, but not much. there's also not much of a weight difference between OEM and the UUC kit. i cant say how much, because didnt put them on a scale.. but holding them individually, there isnt.

You make some very good points - the most important factor is that UDPs don't add horsepower, they free up hp by reducing that parasitic drag caused from the accessories (within a safe zone).

Can't go wrong with either the Rogue or UUCs - we have a preference on the Rogue pulleys, which of neither touch the alternator.

LooKitsCHAVIT: We always stock the Rogue pulleys once your decision is made.

LSUKNUT 01-11-2009 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beingdevious (Post 9188707)

I just did this mod myself. I purchased the set from Turner Motor Sports and it came with 4 pulleys. The extra one they sent was to properly match up the alternator pulley and they sent a box to mail the one I didn't use back for a refund. I also installed the Stewart water pump. Really, I don't notice anything different but I will say that I'm extremely confident I won't be sitting on the side of the road somewhere do to a cooling system issue. I couldn't believe how cheap the OEM pulleys and water pump were once I pulled them off and compared them to the new products. I would say that any of the sets listed will do the job just fine.

Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks 01-16-2009 03:24 PM

Here at UUC, we are the manufacturer and designer and the very first company to make underdrive pulleys for modern BMWs. Quite frankly, almost all other pulleys out there are based on ours. Strong words, but it's the truth.

Facts:
1) Don't waste money on three pulleys. Anybody that understands BMWs self-regulating charging system knows that underdriving the alternator has ZERO effect. Waste of money, time, and effort to replace the alternator pulley.

2) UUC has NEVER had a pulley failure. Ours do not break.

3) UUC is 100% made in USA.

4) UUC uses proprietary techniques to ensure the highest-quality, most durable product you can buy.

5) UUC includes a replacement belt - and the best news is, it is an easily available belt, you can find replacements at any auto parts store!

For more details on our parts and pulley theory in general (even stuff that the other so-called "manufacturers" don't know!) can be found right here on our website:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/udp/
- Rob Levinson

loglisci44 04-01-2009 02:23 PM

waste of $$$$$ period.

LooKitsCHAVIT 04-01-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loglisci44 (Post 9696133)
waste of $$$$$ period.

You should explain why. Has anyone done a before and after dyno comparison?

Devious1 04-01-2009 06:18 PM

i have the rogue pulleys. just like beingdevious said.... you'll get to say you have cool pulleys, but won't really notice a difference.

vids_blk323Ci 01-03-2012 10:23 PM

Ive had my UUC UDP on since 2002 w/o a single issue... guess what i voted for....