E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   whats a good car wash locally? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=637544)

wasp9166 01-05-2009 09:57 AM

whats a good car wash locally?

what can i get in like autozone etc that would be a good car wash? , or maybe id pay shipping if there is something that is just too good to pass up,and what mits do you guys use? im not going to auto car wash anymore........

do you dry it with mf?

DetailDan 01-05-2009 10:29 AM

Megs Gold Class is fine, sheep skin mitts are good, dry with microfiber and electric leaf blower.

wasp9166 01-14-2009 08:52 AM

^^^

2000_328CI 01-14-2009 09:02 AM

I always wanted to try the leaf blower idea.

I use McGuiars or Eagle One soap, a mitt, bucket, dry down with microfiber towel and "the absorber" then do the wheels with a separate bucket, separate brush, and dry them with a separate microfiber towel.

Then I'll use chrome/metal polisher for the exhaust tips and other tidbets, will use mcguiars interior cleaner (one for leather one for vinyl) and will then follow up that with either a wax job (use the mcguiars tech wax) or will just use eagle f1's spray on wax. Clearly the spray on isn't as protective but it gives it a little protection and a great shine when you don't want to go through the whole wax process.

You could also throw in claybars, buffers, etc. but that is for a larger detail job/

Hope that helps :hi:

Tater49 01-15-2009 07:50 PM

I use Meguiars Gold Class as well!

frobie15 01-15-2009 07:51 PM

Gold Class is a great and inexpensive shampoo. I use Zymol auto bathe on the bimmer, but it gets expensive!

magikman5430 01-23-2009 09:01 PM

Mr. Clean auto dry system!

i prefer to use the Mr. Clean auto dry system..i swear by thMRat product. just pre-rinse with the 3-in-1 spray gun (dial set to regular unfiltered hose water), then set dial to "soap" setting, i also use a wool hand pad to gently scrub, the last step is to turn dial to "rinse" using the dial and spray away dirt and soap with filtered water. dries like glass with NO streaks what so ever..the best and only product i will use on my bimmer...got mine at a local parts store for $19.99. refill soap and filter around $4-7 respectively.

Bimmer Dude Xi 01-23-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magikman5430 (Post 9285880)
i prefer to use the Mr. Clean auto dry system..i swear by thMRat product. just pre-rinse with the 3-in-1 spray gun (dial set to regular unfiltered hose water), then set dial to "soap" setting, i also use a wool hand pad to gently scrub, the last step is to turn dial to "rinse" using the dial and spray away dirt and soap with filtered water. dries like glass with NO streaks what so ever..the best and only product i will use on my bimmer...got mine at a local parts store for $19.99. refill soap and filter around $4-7 respectively.

No water marks?
I have it but never bother to use the "rinse" cycle on the dial.

trippmann 01-24-2009 12:24 PM

all the mr. clean system is, is a hand held water softener and or water deionizer. what causes water spots is not the water drying, but whats in the water that is left behind after the water has evaporated. so in theory, take the contaminates out of the water, no waterspots. for the most part, if you use deionized water, or distilled water, "same concept" with onr, you can get a really great wash out of it.