E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Car Care & Detailing (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What is the correct process? (pics) (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=637957)

southpaw 01-06-2009 05:19 PM

What is the correct process? (pics)
 
so here's my amateur detailing supply kit..

after getting the paint cleaner, glaze, and NU FINISH polish, i dont know what order they are applyed in..

after the clay bar? after the wax?

im stumped, and i dont wanna ruin the finish.

this is also the first time polishing my car, and using the chemicals in the tan bottles, so im confused on how/when to use them..

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r.../school047.jpg
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r.../school048.jpg
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r.../school049.jpg
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r.../school050.jpg
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r.../school051.jpg
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r.../school052.jpg

Thanks!

-Brandon

M0nk3y 01-06-2009 05:33 PM

Dude, get rid of that buffer........

I can give you all the steps you need to polish your car, but your going to get no results from that machine......

Id suggest saving up and getting a PC......

That is what I started with on my car, and now I have stepped up to my rotary and I expanded my detailling business outward around northern ohio.......


You wanna wash your car first, and clay bar the spots that are needed. (I usually clay the whole car just incase)

You will want to use Nu Finish first. Do you have any different cutting pads?
Then use Meguiars #2
Follow up with Meguiars #7
Then wax

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Nu Finish
4. Meguiars #2
5. Meguiars #7
6. Wax

Look around in this website. Autogeek.net, Detailedimage.com

If you want pictures or suggestions on what polishes I use, you know how to reach me

southpaw 01-06-2009 05:47 PM

Thanks a ton, Kyle.

PC 7274? http://www.google.com/products?q=Por...num=1&ct=title

and no, i dont have different cutting pads, what are they?

M0nk3y 01-06-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southpaw (Post 9184989)
Thanks a ton, Kyle.

PC 7274? http://www.google.com/products?q=Por...num=1&ct=title

and no, i dont have different cutting pads, what are they?

Yea, shop around.......I got mine for like $80 from this one website....

Different cutting pads are required for different polishes......

Purple Foamed Wool LCC Pads are the most agressive Pad
Yellow LCC Pads are on of the most agressive pad (Most used for compounding)
Orange LCC Pads are mild agressive (Used for medium polishes)
White LCC Pads are used for finish, slight agressive (For light polishes)
Black LCC Pads have no cut (Good for applying glazes, or waxes)
Blue LCC Pads have no cut, and are super soft (Good for appling liquid sealants)

For a PC, you really only need Orange, White, and maybe black pads

For My rotary, the pads completely change. The Rotary can do far more correction than a PC can do.......

I used Menzerna SIP with an Orange Pad
I used Menzerna 106FF with a White Pad
I used Klasse HGS with a Blue Pad
I hand applied my wax

Sorry I had to break the bad news. Detailing is a expensive hobby, ask me how I know. I got a couple grand worth of supplies in my garage. It sucks, but the results are amazing

My sig picture of my car is 2 weeks after I detailed it. From that far away, you can see the different lines in the hood, and the reflections off the building. It's a sweet picture

southpaw 01-06-2009 06:06 PM

Thanks again Kyle, i guess i'll just stick with clay barring and waxing by hand until i get the PC orbital and pads

M0nk3y 01-06-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southpaw (Post 9185085)
Thanks again Kyle, i guess i'll just stick with clay barring and waxing by hand until i get the PC orbital and pads

Yea, just read tutorials and DIYs on autogeek.net and detailedimage.com

That will help you decide what products you want and pads

Sign up on autopia.org also......learn some tips and methods.........:thumbsup:

Devious1 01-13-2009 05:36 PM

subscribed. so get a pc?

Brian N 01-13-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nk3y (Post 9184905)
Dude, get rid of that buffer........

I can give you all the steps you need to polish your car, but your going to get no results from that machine......

Id suggest saving up and getting a PC......

That is what I started with on my car, and now I have stepped up to my rotary and I expanded my detailling business outward around northern ohio.......


You wanna wash your car first, and clay bar the spots that are needed. (I usually clay the whole car just incase)

You will want to use Nu Finish first. Do you have any different cutting pads?
Then use Meguiars #2
Follow up with Meguiars #7
Then wax

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Nu Finish
4. Meguiars #2
5. Meguiars #7
6. Wax

Look around in this website. Autogeek.net, Detailedimage.com

If you want pictures or suggestions on what polishes I use, you know how to reach me

Agree with most of the things on here except "Nu Finish" is a synthetic wax not a polish. So that would be the last step you would use.

To the OP most of the products you have there are probably just OK at best. I suggest next time you go shopping for detailing products do it online. The quality of the products is much better. Sometimes it is only a few more bucks too.

When you are ready just hit us up on this detailing forum and we can help get what you are looking for.

SteelGray3 01-13-2009 10:02 PM

I highly recommend you check out this kit, my whole family has been very happy with it.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-99-th...etail-kit.aspx


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use