E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   angel eye help (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=648166)

ice166 02-12-2009 03:16 PM

angel eye help

Im expecting some angel eyes soon mycarr 62 led version. does anyone have any advice on how i can do this or if this is even possible.

i am abit confused on how they are installed, what happens with the connecters that go to your normal sidelight 501 bulbs ?

i want to wire them up so i have the remote feature. but if i turn my sidelights off when driving i want the eyes to go off aswell ? i have a feeling this is not possible because ppl are talking about having a toggle switch ?

thanks for your help

pics soon as up and running

JJR4884 02-12-2009 03:21 PM

have you searched anything yet?
have you read a couple DIYs?

search a few DIYs, if it doesn't make sense by then, PM me

ice166 02-12-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR4884 (Post 9397090)
have you searched anything yet?
have you read a couple DIYs?

search a few DIYs, if it doesn't make sense by then, PM me

i had a 'quick' scan at some diy's , but it makes it abit difficult as i havent got the harness at hand. but what i understand is the power is coming fromt he ecu & the remote feature works with the trigger connected to the inside light under the dash. so what happens to the sidelight bulbs........

anyway i will read again & may wait till i have the harness.

JJR4884 02-12-2009 03:30 PM

nothing happens with the sidelight bulbs, they aren't connected to those. these run soley off the battery, and the ecu wire that you connect it to is a "trigger" wire that puts the angel eyes on when you have the car running......

keep them as day time running lights, don't mess with the switches

to make it as simple as possible

thick red wire- power
thick black wire- ground
thin red wire- wire that taps into ecu
thin brown wire- wire that taps into footwell light under dash

other wires connect to the angel eyes

very very simple

do not connect these at all to the parking lights, your angel eyes will blink when you have your turn signals on

JJR4884 02-12-2009 03:32 PM

*this is from the umnitza angel eyes, i can't say that your wires will be the same color

ice166 02-12-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR4884 (Post 9397151)
*this is from the umnitza angel eyes, i can't say that your wires will be the same color

thanks that makes much more sense to now...

B y any chance ppl that do fit a a button to turn them on and off once the car is running i suppose you do this by having a switch between the ecu and the eyes, but this will have to be on when the car is unlocked for the remote feature.

i really didnt want them running all the time, wanted them to last really.

i will see how it goes

thanks for your help

Edison@JleviSW 02-12-2009 05:19 PM

Check out our Installation Resources section, we have a guide for a Kill Switch so you can turn them on and off when the car is on.

Shayn 02-23-2009 03:06 PM

Does anybody know how to install a remote feature on angel eyes that didn't come with that option? ( ebay ccfl )

Shayn 02-23-2009 03:40 PM

^^Please help, I had this kit laying around for almost two years now! I want this on for spring. Please help!!!!!

ice166 02-23-2009 04:48 PM

i havent installed these yet , need to extend the harness some what , will let you know how it goes planning todo this weekend

gen247 02-23-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ice166 (Post 9397175)
thanks that makes much more sense to now...

B y any chance ppl that do fit a a button to turn them on and off once the car is running i suppose you do this by having a switch between the ecu and the eyes, but this will have to be on when the car is unlocked for the remote feature.

i really didnt want them running all the time, wanted them to last really.

i will see how it goes

thanks for your help

Just put a on/off switch between the angels and ecu. I recommend you put in an inline fuse for protection. Then run it through the engine bay to the driver side. Very simple and works like wonder. You can control when you want them on/off.

gen247 02-23-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shayn (Post 9458590)
Does anybody know how to install a remote feature on angel eyes that didn't come with that option? ( ebay ccfl )

Did you mean remote feature for the auto fade in/out with the inside lights when you lock/unlock? If so, what you can do is run an addiitonal wire from the remote going to the ecu to the sidewall or interior lights. That should work. Double check with Jlevis, they have a simaliar DIY on this.

Shayn 02-23-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen247 (Post 9459469)
Did you mean remote feature for the auto fade in/out with the inside lights when you lock/unlock? If so, what you can do is run an addiitonal wire from the remote going to the ecu to the sidewall or interior lights. That should work. Double check with Jlevis, they have a simaliar DIY on this.

Thanks

Shayn 02-25-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gen247 (Post 9459469)

yes, it's for the Remote auto fade feature. I know I have to connect it to the interior light but my angel eye kit didn't come with an extra wire for the Remote feature. I would really like to have the Remote feature. Can someone explain or draw me a diagram explaing me how this would work? I checked on the Jlevis site but coudn't find info Im looking for. Thank you in advance!

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...n_2008/001.jpg

Shayn 02-25-2009 05:19 PM

???