E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Gun Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=649274)

LSUKNUT 02-16-2009 04:03 PM

Gun Fanatics

Glen Beck is getting ready to drop the hammer (Today's show) on the backdoor dealings going on in regards to the 2nd amendment. Plans are already in the works in Washington.

Jes' Sayin'.

SLVR JDM 02-16-2009 04:06 PM

Explain the "backdoor dealings" a bit further. I don't know that I'm up to date on everything.

Penguin Koolaid 02-16-2009 04:08 PM

Glenn Beck... the guy who is always reminding his viewers he was an alcoholic?

Allure 02-16-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid (Post 9416893)

:lmao:

LSUKNUT 02-16-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Explain the "backdoor dealings" a bit further. I don't know that I'm up to date on everything.
I'll pass on the info once I hear it.

Quote:

Pssssssst, 95% of Washingtons politicians are active alcoholics......But don't let that get out OK? At least GB is a recovering alcoholic.

SD 328I 02-16-2009 04:16 PM

I'm assuming the fear of greater gun rights restrictions?

Well then, rest of Amerca, Welcome to California style gun rights, something I know all too well.

That being said, I do 5 guns, AR-15 rifle, and two shotguns with these restricted rules you all may have to face one day. Sure I wait 10 days for a gun, limited to 10 rounds, etc., but it hasn't stopped me from owning almost anything I wanted.

If these new rules are even more strict than what California has, then it could be a problem.

Allure 02-16-2009 04:18 PM

Why do you need 5 guns man?

Clean_3 02-16-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allure (Post 9416943)

:popcorn:

Allure 02-16-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clean_3 (Post 9416958)
:popcorn:

It's just a question.

LSUKNUT 02-16-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

#1 - Because as Americans we have the right to own as many as we want.

#2 - This world is full of collectors.

#3 - Hunter's usually have quite a few.

#4 - You can never have enough.

Just a few....

SD 328I 02-16-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

I don't need. I don't even keep live ammo in the house.

I have a 1911 Pistol similar to what I had in the ARMY, for sentimental reasons. I have couple of higher end HK and Sig Sauer pistols because I wanted a couple of quality pieces and different calibers for range shooting. My wife is German, and her father works for HK, which is another reason why we have one.

I also have a pair of Glocks as regular range guns for me and my wife.

What eventually happens when you own a firearm, is that you want more. You want different styles, higher end models, interesting models, etc. Just like any hobby. I don't carry all of them around my waistband ready for a shootout.

Clean_3 02-16-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allure (Post 9416966)
It's just a question.

:) I know :popcorn:

I have 3 working on the fourth. For me its like a hobby. Now i know i dont need alot of them to protect myself but its nice to go to the range and have variety. Plus once you get one or two you just want more lol and of course its my right.

GlockMan 02-16-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

You mean "why do you ONLY need 5 guns man?"

SD 328I 02-16-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockman9c (Post 9416984)
You mean "why do you ONLY need 5 guns man?"

Exactly. It started with my first range gun, a Glock 17 9mm, and it just grew from there. But in California, you can only buy 1 handgun per month, except for long guns/rifles, you can buy as many as you want.

I saw a nice Russian rifle used in WWII, a Mosin Nagant getting ready to add to my growing collection.

LSUKNUT 02-16-2009 04:47 PM

H.R. 45 is the proposal, in order to keep your 2nd amendment rights you will give up your 4th amendment rights. Home invasions, fingerprinting, turning in health records & photographing of your inventory. An Illinois Senator is introducing the bill.

Penguin Koolaid 02-16-2009 04:52 PM

LSUKNUT, I just read the proposed Bill and I think you're over reacting. The main provisions include:

Quote:

Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions; (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act; (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours; (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.

LSUKNUT 02-16-2009 04:54 PM

H.R. 45 is also known as the Blair Holt bill. Keep in mind hand guns are illegal in Chicago. These are the same politicians who passed this law in Illinois. The bill will make fingerprinting to a Government data base mandatory.

LSUKNUT 02-16-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid (Post 9417125)
LSUKNUT, I just read the proposed Bill and I think you're over reacting. The main provisions include:

I took the information straight from the mouth of the politician that GB was interviewing.

If I would have told you a year ago we were going to be "Trillions" of dollars in debt, a debt our children and grandchildren will be paying for, I'd bet $100 you'd tell me I was over reacting. If you've followed GB for any amount of time you'd see he has an incredible track record for being spot on.

Penguin Koolaid 02-16-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSUKNUT (Post 9417152)
I took the information straight from the mouth of the politician that GB was interviewing.

If I would have told you a year ago we were going to be "Trillions" of dollars in debt, a debt our children and grandchildren will be paying for, I'd bet $100 you'd tell me I was over reacting. If you've followed GB for any amount of time you'd see he has an incredible track record for being spot on.

You're paraphrasing a TV interview. Don't you think it would be easier and more accurate to link us to the bill?

Additionally, the country was $9 trillion in debt a year ago, $5 trillion of which came under Bush. The idea of being another trillion or two in debt doesn't seem like a big deal given what transpired over the last 7 years.

Finally, I used to watch his show until I realized he was a one trick pony. It's a shame FOXNEWS didn't take Nacy Grace along with him.

Allure 02-16-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJon (Post 9417134)
Why do you need 12 air bags?

I have one roll cage.