E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Hid,angel,led questions..please help (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=649966)

black325cisport 02-18-2009 05:18 PM

Hid,angel,led questions..please help
 
Hi there
Ive recently purchased a 325ci m-sport and want to upgrade lighting
just a few questions:

-Do oem xenon headlights plug in and work with no faults? if not can you buy projectors that you can install? or just get a HID set and use standard reflector headlights?
-Which angel eyes and LED tails are most popular?

Edison@JleviSW 02-18-2009 07:27 PM

Hi there,

Congrats on the new car! You can install OEM xenon headlights into the car but you will need to get the car reflashed for xenons to prevent the bulb out warning. If this is a pre-facelift 01-03 coupe, you can go with our Projector46 Headlights which are complete headlight replacements that swap out the entire assembly for projector based xenons with built in angel eyes. This is ideal if you are looking to upgrade both the look and performance of your factory lights.

For angel eyes, provided your car is a pre-facelift 01-03 vehicle, I recommend one of the following kits. The LEDs will be brighter, an easier install and more reliable than the CCFLs but the CCFLs are more affordable.

MyCarr 62+ LED Angel Eye Kit

MyCarr CCFL Kit

For the LED tails, I highly recommend going with a set of Eagle Eyes LED tails. These are a direct PnP replacement for your car with built in resistors to prevent a bulb out warning.

Crystal LED Tails for the E46 Coupe
http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/prod...jpg&w=160&h=93

umnitza 02-18-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black325cisport (Post 9430382)
Hi there
Ive recently purchased a 325ci m-sport and want to upgrade lighting
just a few questions:

-Do oem xenon headlights plug in and work with no faults? if not can you buy projectors that you can install? or just get a HID set and use standard reflector headlights?
-Which angel eyes and LED tails are most popular?

Congratulations on your car. Sinc eyou are in the UK, you'll want something that works for your car and is affordable to ship to you.

Your british pound is much lower than it was a few months ago, but if you are keen on getting some good lights that work on your roads for a reasonable price, give us a call on SKYPE or you can email us - info@umnitza.com

Here is what customers have said about our new products:
Before you make a great leap of faith about a product or company, read up on these comments about the product that will be put into your Projector46s:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///A (Post 9314807)
Orion V2 is the best . so damn bright i rarely drive with the bi-xenons on. Just the V2s and HID fogs lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by KME (Post 9314495)
The Orion V2s look great, best out there. Go with the V2s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Studdly_Studright (Post 9290087)
orion v2

Quote:

Originally Posted by iftwb (Post 9272116)
Yep Orion V2, you won't regret it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Matt (Post 9270066)
I know there are some people who wouldn't agree with you, however I felt my experience with Matt went A+ :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbocaj55 (Post 9269963)
I have the Orion V2's from Umnitza (60 LED). I paid the extra for the 4300k, which looks absolutely sick and very OEM looking. It's hard to get a good picture of them...but trust me, they're worth it! Plus Umnitza could possibly be the best people to deal with in my experience. Shipping is lightening fast...and if you have a problem with your kit (Mine happened to have one or two LED's that were on the fritz)...they will send you a replacement right away no questions asked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeppelin4 (Post 9269212)
orion V2's 60 led's 6000k im tellin you, you wont be dissappointed...mad easy to install yourself too

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaja23 (Post 3289905)
I agree. Orion V2 are engineered very well. So bright! :thumbsup2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by samM376' (Post 3200294)
I placed an order. I installed a kit for ItaliaM3 last night

They were so bright and looked so good that I had to place an order for version two and replace the Chromium lights I had

I also have seen the V1 in person and the V2 is possibly 50% brighter, its that good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samM376' (Post 3200299)
These are brighter then EAS I saw them side by side in person

But both trump all the old Predator and MYCARR for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel T (Post 3200316)
I just installed mine. These are bright!

The product is really good quality overall, and the clipping system is great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rh_wa (Post 3201620)
OK, finally got a couple of non-enhanced pics up of my V2's. These are awesome IMO. Definitely turned some heads. Pics don't do them justice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyEsq (Post 3202526)
i've always knew this was going to be one of the best mods i've done to my car.

orion v2 (60 led) - $140
smoked corners - $50
All eyes on me - Priceless...

This is one of the cheapest mod and it truly only take 45 mins and i am an amateur..

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1024m3 (Post 3223107)
I installed mine today...they are soooo much brighter than my chromiums! I thought my chromiums looked great until I installed the V2's on one side and compared them. Night and day...pictures do not do them justice. My chromiums looked like they were yellow and barely turned on.
I like the way they are thicker and feel less fragile. Installation was a breeze.
I highly recommend these bad boys!
Thanks Matt
6000k fogs

these are just a small smattering of customer comments.

Thank you for looking. Have fun with your car.

black325cisport 02-19-2009 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW (Post 9431205)
Hi there,

Congrats on the new car! You can install OEM xenon headlights into the car but you will need to get the car reflashed for xenons to prevent the bulb out warning. If this is a pre-facelift 01-03 coupe, you can go with our Projector46 Headlights which are complete headlight replacements that swap out the entire assembly for projector based xenons with built in angel eyes. This is ideal if you are looking to upgrade both the look and performance of your factory lights.

For angel eyes, provided your car is a pre-facelift 01-03 vehicle, I recommend one of the following kits. The LEDs will be brighter, an easier install and more reliable than the CCFLs but the CCFLs are more affordable.

MyCarr 62+ LED Angel Eye Kit

MyCarr CCFL Kit

For the LED tails, I highly recommend going with a set of Eagle Eyes LED tails. These are a direct PnP replacement for your car with built in resistors to prevent a bulb out warning.

Crystal LED Tails for the E46 Coupe
http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/prod...jpg&w=160&h=93

Thanks guys but as i drive on the left here, are the headlights adjustable?
Yes mine is a pre-facelift, do you know roughly how much the shipping would cost on the headlights and tails?

david @ eas 02-19-2009 08:42 PM

We're actually having a clearance on both those items at the moment. The price is just too good to miss up so you should absolutely check this out as soon as possible:

eas | MYCARR 30LED Angel Eyes - $50 SHIPPED!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=650251

eas | e46 Taillight Clearance ** WHILE SUPPLIES LAST **
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=643851

Send over a PM with any questions as this only lasts until the supplies run out :)

Edison@JleviSW 02-20-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black325cisport (Post 9433916)
Thanks guys but as i drive on the left here, are the headlights adjustable?
Yes mine is a pre-facelift, do you know roughly how much the shipping would cost on the headlights and tails?

You can adjust the Projector46s with a straight line cut off so they are compatible with RHD vehicles. Drop me a PM with your full address and I can calculate shipping.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use