E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   exhaust suggestions for my zhp (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=650404)

reggaeboi88 02-19-2009 10:41 PM

exhaust suggestions for my zhp
 
i have an 05 330i zhp completely stock...im looking to upgrade to an exhaust that gives my car a deep and throaty sound. im not expecting any v8 sound but something muscular thats NOT annoying...any suggestions?

...should i get headers as well or is exhaust alone str8? thnx

USUZHP 02-22-2009 02:13 AM

Rogue Engineering DMS sounds great. I had it on my zhp and loved it.

Many330i 02-22-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggaeboi88 (Post 9440111)
i have an 05 330i zhp completely stock...im looking to upgrade to an exhaust that gives my car a deep and throaty sound. im not expecting any v8 sound but something muscular thats NOT annoying...any suggestions?

...should i get headers as well or is exhaust alone str8? thnx

I would keep it stock - the zhp drone is prolly the best balanced! :str8pimpi

TxZHP04 02-22-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Many330i (Post 9451553)
the zhp drone

:confused:

The stock exhaust doesn't drone, perhaps that's what you were alluding to?

RattleMYzhp 02-23-2009 02:07 PM

zhp sounds great... thing is you don't hear it as much in the car. Have a buddy blast down the road in your car with u standing close by so that you can hear it, you'll be pretty impressed I'm sure. If anything try replacing just the muffler or removing some resonators... oh and an intake will add some more music. GL

bouchet 02-24-2009 11:43 AM

stay with stock ZHP

Many330i 02-24-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxZHP04 (Post 9451561)
:confused:

The stock exhaust doesn't drone, perhaps that's what you were alluding to?

..not drone exactly, but I'm sure you caught the drift! :craig:

TeKNiC3 02-24-2009 11:46 PM

I have the TSE3 and it sounds great. If you want something conservative, try the Eismann Race muffler.

Chris-TK 02-25-2009 03:39 AM

TSE3. It's loud and aggressive, but it's amazing.

reggaeboi88 02-25-2009 12:11 PM

thanx for the input...but should i get a full exhaust with headers or just the piping back to the muffler? what would be the difference between the two?

Chris-TK 02-25-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reggaeboi88 (Post 9472328)
thanx for the input...but should i get a full exhaust with headers or just the piping back to the muffler? what would be the difference between the two?

A full cat-back WITH headers will be ungodly loud. Stick to either 1) headers with a resonator deleted or 2) stick to OEM headers and get a full cat-back or axle-back exhaust for sound and MINOR performance. Keep in mind that headers will make it VERY hard to pass SMOG inspections unless you either wish to re-install OEM headers for each SMOG check or install aftermarket racing-cats which are very expensive.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use