E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   has anyone acomplished an e46 engine swap on here? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=652546)

nightrunner20 02-27-2009 01:23 AM

has anyone acomplished an e46 engine swap on here?
 
:hmm: well insted of payin 4 the nice insurance of an m3 i've been looking into "simply" :rofl: taking an s54 engine and putting it into my e46. but is there anyone on here that has ACTUALLY done it? well any engine not just an m3. possibly a v8? i mean u always see these engine swaps on simple e30's but never on e46 :banghead:

eric_waltrip 02-27-2009 01:25 AM

S...E...A...R... you get the point

mkodama 02-27-2009 01:28 AM

Yes, it has been done. But the cost of it and complexity is immense. On e30's it's a piece of cake and a good mechanic with someone to help can do it in a weekend. But on the E46, the electrical systems make it extremely difficult. For the time and money to do such a project, you could but an M3 and save up the next few years of insurance money.

If you want more info, search the Showroom Forum for MITE46's M3 S54 swap into a sedan.

EDIT: Here is the link, check it out for more info http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=176943

Acarder 02-27-2009 02:39 AM

If you thought the insurance was going to be bad on the M3, wait until you tell them you've chucked the engine out of one into a regular E46. I'd be surprised if they insured you at all, let alone for less than a stock M3.

Team_Persia 02-27-2009 02:44 AM

MITE46 :drool:

and more money/time than its worth, just buy an M.

nightrunner20 02-27-2009 03:07 AM

lol im probably gonna end up buyin an M. god so much money i put into my e46 though

Tater49 02-27-2009 09:43 AM

My good friend and BMW Tech recently swapped the whole Bottom End of an E46 M3 into his E46 328i, if that helps.

tbehling 02-27-2009 10:16 AM

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=566487

2000_328CI 02-27-2009 10:18 AM

somebody was doing an LS1 swap... now THAT"s badass

tbehling 03-01-2009 11:11 AM

http://bmwburnouts.blogspot.com/2009...-chevy-v8.html

aahmed2016 09-30-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightrunner20 (Post 9484121)
:hmm: well insted of payin 4 the nice insurance of an m3 i've been looking into "simply" :rofl: taking an s54 engine and putting it into my e46. but is there anyone on here that has ACTUALLY done it? well any engine not just an m3. possibly a v8? i mean u always see these engine swaps on simple e30's but never on e46 :banghead:

Someone, I can't remember their name BUT I do remember that they're from Malaysia. They Had a E46, and swapped in a 2JZGTE. Look em up. I've been looking into a few 2JZ engines after I read about that.

Dr Dyme 09-30-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aahmed2016 (Post 14774691)
Someone, I can't remember their name BUT I do remember that they're from Malaysia. They Had a E46, and swapped in a 2JZGTE. Look em up. I've been looking into a few 2JZ engines after I read about that.

:hi:

That would be me.
Lotsa answer about safety issues from the rest in my thread.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=946231

it's doable. I'm not the first. some dude in Florida, and a pro drifter in finland, and another one in indonesia. they drop in without problems.

tehcbass 09-30-2012 10:33 AM

o would just invest into buying an m3 bro :/ not worth the money

AlexF10535i 08-07-2015 06:13 PM

Buy a e39 540 it has the v8 performance of an M that you want, it looks great and it has a 50/50 split focus of both luxury and performance where as some of the older three series' were more focused on performance rather than the luxuries ammenities that bmws should have.

franz 08-07-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexF10535i (Post 16719111)
Buy a e39 540 it has the v8 performance of an M that you want, it looks great and it has a 50/50 split focus of both luxury and performance where as some of the older three series' were more focused on performance rather than the luxuries ammenities that bmws should have.

I don't miss my 540. Oh and you replied to a six year old thread.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use