E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   peake code: pedal position sensor 1 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=657190)

brodaiga 03-14-2009 06:15 PM

peake code: pedal position sensor 1
 
The sensor is on the gas pedal, not throttle body. Replace the gas pedal? Anybody get this before?

1980e12mpl 05-11-2009 10:45 AM

I have the same code....did you get this sorted out? anyone?

tony325ci_51 05-11-2009 12:36 PM

Have seen this code once, though only when doing routine code checking, it didn't throw a fault light.

Gas pedal has 2 (drive by wire) sensors built into the pedal module. It can work quite happily with one, it seems to have 2 just as a backup.

If one is faulty it does mean that you're running with no backup though so if the 2nd ever goes faulty you could be stranded.

Solution is to replace pedal module, they're not too expensive new.

There are usually cheap ones around on ebay as well:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-M3-E46-Acc...03112001r15296

brodaiga 05-11-2009 02:50 PM

I never replaced, but sometimes get a strange issue that I think may by due to this code. Sometimes, I am pushing it, and when around 3500rpm it quickly goes to 65,00rpm when the car not getting any more power, as if the clutch was engaged in neutral and I was revving it from 3500 to 6500. It happens a couple times a week. I wondering if fixing the gas pedal would fix that

Arsevader 05-11-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodaiga (Post 9938160)
I never replaced, but sometimes get a strange issue that I think may by due to this code. Sometimes, I am pushing it, and when around 3500rpm it quickly goes to 65,00rpm when the car not getting any more power, as if the clutch was engaged in neutral and I was revving it from 3500 to 6500. It happens a couple times a week. I wondering if fixing the gas pedal would fix that

That sounds like a slipping clutch problem not a gas pedal problem.

brodaiga 05-11-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsevader (Post 9938436)
That sounds like a slipping clutch problem not a gas pedal problem.

yes, but it does not happen when I engage the clutch. It may happen in the middle of acceleration.

Arsevader 05-11-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodaiga (Post 9938532)
yes, but it does not happen when I engage the clutch. It may happen in the middle of acceleration.

Exactly. Sounds to me like your clutch is slipping. That's the only reason for the revs to increase that quickly without acceleration forward.

Jersey Swags 08-18-2012 03:37 PM

Bringing this one back from the dead. This problem is kicking my ass. Threw a new pedal assembly at it, no go. SES back on. Pedal sensor 1 AND 2. Any ideas? I'm going to set this 01 330i on fire. I head that this code can be thermostat related. WTF? Please help.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use