E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   BMW News from around the Web (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   BMW North America Announces Best Dealerships in the US (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=660381)

tim330i 03-25-2009 11:21 AM

BMW North America Announces Best Dealerships in the US

BMW of North America announced the names of its top performing dealerships in the US. The 31 BMW dealers out of 338 nationwide awarded the "2009 Center of Excellence Award" were selected based on the criteria of customer satisfaction, brand representation, and operational excellence.
Over the last 10 years, the BMW dealer network has invested over $2.1 billion dollars improving its sales facilities and repair workshops, refining processes and focusing on top-tier customer service, making it one of the most successful franchises in the US.

"While all BMW dealerships offer a premium experience to our customers, the 31 Centers that have won this year's award excelled in the way they take care of their customers and represent the BMW brand," said Peter Miles, Executive Vice President Operations, BMW of North America.

Recent independent studies confirm BMW's superior customer service performance. J.D. Power and Associates' Customer Service Index (CSI) Study ranked the BMW dealer network among the top three automotive brand franchises in the US for its superior customer satisfaction and dealer service. And BusinessWeek identified BMW as one of the top 25 "Customer Service Champs" among all companies in the US.

"Anyone who is in the market with money to spend should expect to receive an exceptional customer experience," said Alan Harris, Vice President Aftersales, BMW of North America. "BMW's efforts to provide exceptional customer service have become a crucial part of our continued success even in today's challenging economic climate."

Overview "2009 Center of Excellence Award"
BMW Center City State
East Bay BMW Pleasanton CA
BMW of San Diego San Diego CA
Crevier BMW Santa Ana CA
South Bay BMW Torrance CA
Global Imports Atlanta GA
BMW of Dubuque Dubuque IA
Isringhausen Imports Springfield IL
Laurel BMW of Westmont Westmont IL
Basney BMW South Bend IN
Baron BMW Merriam KS
BMW Gallery Norwood MA
Erhard BMW of Bloomfield Hills Bloomfield Hills MI
Erhard BMW of Farmington Hills Farmington Hills MI
Bavarian Motor Village, Ltd. Shelby Township MI
Motorwerks BMW Bloomington MN
Hendrick BMW Charlotte NC
Flemington BMW Flemington NJ
BMW of Freehold Freehold NJ
Paul Miller BMW Wayne NJ
Hassel BMW Freeport NY
Wide World BMW Spring Valley NY
Towne BMW Williamsville NY
Voss Village BMW Dayton OH
Classic BMW Willoughby Hills OH
BMW of Tulsa Tulsa OK
Kuni BMW Beaverton OR
Daniels BMW Allentown PA
Rick Hendrick Imports Charleston SC
BMW of Austin Austin TX
Advantage BMW Houston TX
BMW of the Permian Basin Midland TX

M3Inline6 03-25-2009 11:58 AM

Interesting article. My dealership didn't make the list although they have provided me with excellent service for 7 years. :(

emeren 03-25-2009 12:21 PM

I am so glad the New Country BMW, CT did not make it on this list. Crappy dealership. False diagnostics and repairs so they can stick BMW with repair cost.

catalyst319 03-25-2009 03:12 PM

Now lets see a list of the worst dealers in the country.

mr.325i 03-25-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catalyst319 (Post 9653854)

:werd: +1

joedaddy 03-25-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catalyst319 (Post 9653854)

:werd:

#1 Shelly BMW, Buena Park, CA

jose325i 03-25-2009 04:58 PM

where is Tischer???? :cry:

M3Inline6 03-25-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedaddy (Post 9654448)

I'd have to respectfully disagree. I've worked with Shelly BMW for the past 7-8 years, and 5 BMW's later, I'm still dealing with them. :)

budman 03-25-2009 10:04 PM

I still think the whole 1-5 star service thing is a scam..

anything but a five and you are blacklisted.

Eduardo1971 03-25-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedaddy (Post 9654448)

on the number two spot for worst BMW dealership: Cunningham BMW also in San Diego.

rizzo2008 03-25-2009 11:27 PM

BS

Hendrick BMW in Charlotte is the worst I have been to. They are arrogant and treat you like you a pain in there ass when you bring your car in for servicing. They should be avoided like the plague.

323Panzer 03-26-2009 09:13 AM

I got a winner.

Thompson BMW, Doylestown, PA
-When looking for my first 3 series, I went into this dealership wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt (dried paint, etc.) and I ended up riding with a coworker in a pontiac. No one came to greet me, I went through and looked though many cars and finally when I requested a salesman I was talked down to. Infact to quote the ever impatient man 'Some people simply can not purchase a BMW'. Funny since price nor payments never made it into the conversation. That was in 2000. I have spoken with other salesman there, some were nice, but the comments of the one guy has left me never to purchase another car from them.

However I must say their service center is fantastic, I ended up buying a 1999 323i from a friend of mine, and Thompson has always treated me great. I could expect to receive a bagel, a paper and a loaner within minutes of arrival.

-BMW Dealer, Ft. Washington, PA
-Sales team was very nice, never an issue. Parts dept was okay. I however was at odds with the service dept at times.

-IG Burton, Milford, DE
-Sales team is awesome. If you have a chance, speak with Kurt/Curt (sorry sp), he's a true BMW enthusiast and will speak non stop about the cars.
-Service dept, it's okay, they seem to make it expensive for every trip, and regardless of what you start on, they normally have a list of items to be fixed when you leave. I have never been given a loaner and have requested many times.

Milford is an hour away and because of that I do most of my work on my own. Normally it takes several days to do something simple, but I can't argue with the price.

Jason@Tischer 03-26-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jose325i (Post 9654566)
where is Tischer???? :cry:

Unfortunately, the title does not read "BMW North America Announces Best Dealerships in the US for Online Parts Sales and Service"

..but if it did....I would imagine that we would have been on there somewhere:4ngie:

Thanks for thinking of us, though! :bow:

Argile Starr 03-26-2009 10:04 AM

I got my 323 @ Rick Hendrick Imports Charleston, SC. Im glad to see they made the list. Good sales and service.
The next one i buy will be from Hendrick for sure.

TOMMY G 03-26-2009 02:01 PM

just fyi-center of excellence requires a lot of investment on the dealers part too

xJustin 03-26-2009 02:02 PM

East Bay BMW Pleasanton CA

Optio 03-26-2009 05:40 PM

Kuni Made the List

Although on my last visit for an alignment....I did not see any customer service young ladies with a big rack and micro mini skirts (this alone doc's point in my book).

///M3Turk 03-26-2009 09:06 PM

Paul miller:eek:

Lunatyck 03-26-2009 10:19 PM

Laurel BMW of Westmont, IL FTW!

Transporter99 03-27-2009 12:39 AM

Rick Hendrick Charlotte :excited:

BMW Motorwerks, Bloomington MN :excited:

Both have been more than outstanding to deal with. :) I'd also say BMW Store Cincinnati, where I bought my car in '04. And of course, TISCHER!!!!!!