E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Considering thne BSW stg 1 for E46 M3 coupe (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=661563)

mark_nguyen 03-29-2009 06:21 PM

Considering thne BSW stg 1 for E46 M3 coupe

I am contemplating getting the BSW stg 1 speaker upgrade, im also wondering if it would be a good idea to get the sub upgrade as well. My only concern is that its very expensive for the sub. What I was thinking was just doing all the speakers and upgrade the OEM amp. Does anyone know if upgrading the OEM amp will improve the SUB quality?

My goals are really to just have clean sound, and a bit of oomph with the sub. I dont need to win any competitions. Any help would be great guys. ANd does anyone know if there are any BSW discounts right now? IM in Canada so shipping is more expensive :( and plus the crappy Canadian dollar :banghead:

ca1242 03-30-2009 02:05 PM

If you want good bass, you need a real subwoofer. The crappy oem 6x9 speakers will not give you real bass, even with a larger amplifier.

SGeorgen 03-31-2009 04:36 AM

I just recently installed the BSW Stage 1 and the Sub they offer. Installation was easy (I have some skill but not alot) and the sound is great. They sell a very good product. I would recomment it ! I would also add the sub in. It made a huge difference.

Halston@BSW 03-31-2009 06:41 PM

You also do get a discount when you buy them together. When you do this the subwoofer becomes 599.99 with free shipping. That is an enclosure, mounting hardware, subwoofer and built in plate amp. It is a quality unit and produces great bass.

As said if you want bass you will need an actual subwoofer. The stage 1 adds clarity. It creates a richer and smoother listening experience. The midbass drivers are still midbass drivers and simply cannot play down into the subwoofer realm.

Thanks for the positive review :) Glad you are enjoying it!

algorythm 04-01-2009 11:12 AM

I installed the BSW Stage 1 kit and it is decent. The install was rather easy. It doesn't have the umph I would have liked but an additional amp it probably necessary for that. I have been waiting for BSW to release that for almost a year now. With the subwoofer, I decided to do a fiberglass enclosure from Wicked CAS, JL Audio 10w6 and 500/1 amp. I bought this for less than the BSW sub kit and I believe its a better setup. My days of booming bass are over so this setup is offers nice clean tight bass.

Halston@BSW 04-01-2009 11:18 AM

Glad you are happy with both upgrades :)

The stage 1 doesn't add any 'umph' as you say ;) Clarity and richer/smoother sounds are the results.

mark_nguyen 04-01-2009 01:28 PM

this is my problem so far. So i decided to go with the BSW stage one and the sub setup but BSW wants me to sign an "international order verification form" I would have no problem with this except for this

1) It asks for me to scan the front and back of my credit card (sure fine, most people do this in retail stores)
2) Asks for a copy of my government ID (not comfortable doing that since with those two pieces of ID anyone can steal my identity and apply for any credit they please.

I understand why BSW is doing this because of brokerage fees but I would rather not risk my privacy or personal information. Has anyone had this problem and is it possible to do this without the agreement? Im not the type of person to weasel out of fees.

Halston@BSW 04-01-2009 02:29 PM

I understand your frustration with the request for information.

We are not going to steal your ID and we already have the credit card information and billing at the time of order. What we want to do is confirm that it really is you. Over the course of the last couple of months we have had a rash of stolen cards used to buy from BSW. They were all international orders. To combat this and to protect our actual customers we have started to do this. We have caught and stopped charges and alerted people to fraud on their card(and they didn't even know their card was stolen).

It is a protection for BSW(It is hard to fight chargebacks) but more importantly a protection for our customers.

mark_nguyen 04-01-2009 02:49 PM

but again only I am personally able to accept the package. So in a way they cant deliver to anyone else but me correct?

Halston@BSW 04-01-2009 03:51 PM

That is true on the signature end. On the billing front we have had improper use and/or stolen cards. We are just trying to combat that and that is why we request the information. As I said we do already have the actual billing and card information, by requesting it be resubmitted we have had 'customers' not want to do it and still others never reply so we canceled the orders. Hopefully saying some frustration for the card owners.

We even had a parent calling and thanking us as the 'user' was one of their children and they were not very happy that their card was used.

aggieE46 04-01-2009 04:09 PM

BSW isn't going to screw you over. They're good guys. They've been forum sponsors for a long time and are always very helpful, even in situations when they're not trying to make a sale. That's a lot more than I can say about a lot of sponsors on here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_nguyen (Post 9695776)
this is my problem so far. So i decided to go with the BSW stage one and the sub setup but BSW wants me to sign an "international order verification form" I would have no problem with this except for this

1) It asks for me to scan the front and back of my credit card (sure fine, most people do this in retail stores)
2) Asks for a copy of my government ID (not comfortable doing that since with those two pieces of ID anyone can steal my identity and apply for any credit they please.

I understand why BSW is doing this because of brokerage fees but I would rather not risk my privacy or personal information. Has anyone had this problem and is it possible to do this without the agreement? Im not the type of person to weasel out of fees.

mark_nguyen 04-01-2009 04:11 PM

ive finally sent in my info, after consulting with the this board. Thanks guys. Ill await the order. How long does it generally take to receive. Im from Canada btw

mochi 04-01-2009 05:38 PM

You will like the results! I just intalled the stage 1 on my //M3. Before the kit arrived, I removed all the speakers, and installed dynamat inside the door panels. The hardest part was waiting for my speakers to arrive! Have fun!!

mark_nguyen 04-01-2009 09:29 PM

does anyone know if the sub upgrade will rattle a lot? and if it does how does one minimize it or eliminate it

SGeorgen 04-02-2009 01:52 AM

Haven't noticed any rattle on mine yet, have the 1 sub in the ski compartment. It mounted solid with a very tight fit.

ca1242 04-02-2009 07:05 AM

Rattles in some cars more than others. You can take the rear deck apart and cover metal + deck with dynamat, or you can go with the "cheap" solution that many people have done here and stuff something between the metal and deck (socks, towels, tennis balls, etc).

Kash325ci 04-03-2009 11:58 AM

i'll be purchasing a 325ci soon and first things first is my music, i wanna go with the 1 sub upgrade. but i'm wondering the same thing if it's a little rattler. also does BSW have a 2 sub setup i only see one on their site.

thanks for reading

Halston@BSW 04-03-2009 02:55 PM

Stage 2 is an amp upgrade... very soon!

No rattles on 95% of our installs. Age of the car can determine rattles as well. Shipping will take place normally within 24 hours after an international order verification :)

Thanks for the kind words guys. I do my best to help everyone, customer or not. As said we are not going to rip you off.