E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Home Improvement (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   need bookshelf speaker suggestions ~$150 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=670632)

koven 04-29-2009 03:19 PM

need bookshelf speaker suggestions ~$150
 
looking for some <$150 bookshelf speakers

right now i'm looking at

M-Audio Studiophile AV 40:
http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studio...CQR0V8SDBK4D2B

anyone have any other suggestions? maybe polk? what's the best bang for my buck

GlockMan 04-29-2009 03:20 PM

used polks

koven 04-29-2009 03:31 PM

which model? better than m-audio?

GlockMan 04-29-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koven (Post 9870735)
which model? better than m-audio?

I dont even know who M Audio is and I have been in the AV business for 20 years.

Do you need POWERED speakers or bookshelf speakers?

koven 04-30-2009 02:49 PM

hmm yeah i'm looking for a powered one actually, sorry for the confusion

any good powered polks in that price range?

ryanwhite74115 04-30-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockman9c (Post 9870813)
I dont even know who M Audio is and I have been in the AV business for 20 years.

Do you need POWERED speakers or bookshelf speakers?

Really???? M-Audio is basically the premier brand for studio monitors and are widely used by professionals in the audio video world for a variety of uses....personally to the original poster i would get the m-audio speakers....they lack a little in bass but their mid-range and higher frequencies are very good and they are extremely flat and neutral to sound (since that is thier purpose)....

Ryan

GlockMan 04-30-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 (Post 9879272)
Really???? M-Audio is basically the premier brand for studio monitors and are widely used by professionals in the audio video world for a variety of uses....personally to the original poster i would get the m-audio speakers....they lack a little in bass but their mid-range and higher frequencies are very good and they are extremely flat and neutral to sound (since that is thier purpose)....

Ryan

Um, ok.

koven 05-04-2009 12:35 PM

glockman.. have you heard of KRK, Mackie, Energy, or Swans?

GlockMan 05-04-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koven (Post 9896603)
glockman.. have you heard of KRK, Mackie, Energy, or Swans?

Energy = of course
Mackie = of course
Swans = heard of them, never heard them
KRK = no

I dont deal with pro/industrial audio.

What supposely makes a pro studio monitor better than a high quality bookshelf speaker in the same price range?

ryanwhite74115 05-08-2009 04:46 PM

they are tonally neutral on purpose plus they are self amplified...but im not arguing that you should instead buy 5 studio monitors for pure HT use either, its just that they are/were designed to be as accurate as possible unlike some speakers (especially at this price range...) i think thats the biggest difference personally


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use