E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   For anybody on the fence re the V1 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=670662)

chris98891 04-29-2009 05:00 PM

For anybody on the fence re the V1

definitely dont let their customer service hold you back. i got my unit a couple months ago to replace my rx65 (speaking of which, reception is no better, you just get the arrows), and i couldn't get it to switch modes.

i figured it was something i was doing wrong so today i finally decided to read up on it, and it says it may be caused by a faulty power cord. well i switch around all my cords, no help. switch cards, no help. call around 3:30, phone picked up by a PERSON within 2 rings. shes knows exactly what shes talking about and helps me troubleshoot.

she finds out there is something wrong with the unit, double checks with a technician, and tells me to ship it out asap, she has a file set up under my name (no rma, personalized enough to use a name) and address. she also said don't worry about shipping, for me just to call after they get it and they'll refund whatever the shipping cost is to my card. they'll also fix it the day they get it and have it shipped out by the time ups gets there.

now THAT is customer service.

i shall add them to my list of great CS:
BSW
Bimmerworld
Valentine Reasearch
Elemental Designs
Sony
Tischer/getbmwparts

no other sponsors have been worth mentioning in my cases :shhh:

JJR4884 04-29-2009 05:02 PM

not even bimmian???

:lmao:

chris98891 04-29-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJR4884 (Post 9871308)
not even bimmian???

:lmao:

as far as customer service? luckily, never got to deal with them. haha

sna77 04-29-2009 05:18 PM

good customer service with Sony? Not their computer department...

hoonpv 04-29-2009 05:21 PM

I've been using the V1 for about 3 years now, and when I called them up about a year ago to check up on the hardware update, I even got to spoke with mr. Valentine

hoonpv 04-29-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sna77 (Post 9871394)
good customer service with Sony? Not their computer department...

Word.

Computer departments suck in general, but I've had good experience with Samsung.

The worst computer department I've had to deal with was with Toshiba.

chris98891 04-29-2009 05:31 PM

ive worked with their tv department, havent worked with their computer department. with tvs, somebody picked up within 5 mins and stayed with me throughout the whole thing. still on the fence about getting the warranty though, its surprisingly cheap in comparison to the tv

sna77 04-29-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoonpv (Post 9871416)
Word.

Computer departments suck in general, but I've had good experience with Samsung.

The worst computer department I've had to deal with was with Toshiba.

I'd amend that to say "consumer" computer departments suck.. The business level support for Dell etc is fantastic. You basically pay more up front to speak with competent people. ;)

chris98891 05-01-2009 04:37 PM

bahaha, they got it today, i called to check the status of it not 10 mins ago, and she informs me "lets see, it looks like its already on the way, they got it, replaced all the computer guts entirely, and shipped it out 2 day air. should be there on tuesday." so i asked her about what i needed to file for refunding shipping, and she said "oh don't worry about it, we already refunded it to your card."

seriously. some sponsors need to take lessons from these guys.

sna77 05-01-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris98891 (Post 9884727)
bahaha, they got it today, i called to check the status of it not 10 mins ago, and she informs me "lets see, it looks like its already on the way, they got it, replaced all the computer guts entirely, and shipped it out 2 day air. should be there on tuesday." so i asked her about what i needed to file for refunding shipping, and she said "oh don't worry about it, we already refunded it to your card."

seriously. some sponsors need to take lessons from these guys.

you mean in selling quality products? haaa ;)

but yes, for sure... I'd like all the shipping charges back from sending POS IceLink / Dice's back for service over and over and over again throughout the years...

KtecR 05-10-2009 10:52 PM

Hey, just wondering for you V1 owners: do you all reccomend leaving them in your car at all times (even if they're hardwired and tucked away)? I had a friend's get jacked from his E36 M3 but it was right in the middle of his windshield.

xJustin 05-10-2009 10:55 PM

I have a valentine and i got a ticket, will they really pay for my ticket?

chris98891 05-10-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sna77 (Post 9885085)
you mean in selling quality products? haaa ;)

but yes, for sure... I'd like all the shipping charges back from sending POS IceLink / Dice's back for service over and over and over again throughout the years...

or better support for their products. it took a year for the sponsor i got my LED tails from to finally step up and agree to MY IDEA that i gave them a YEAR ago. and they made me live with the problem for a year until i called and b!tched. (the idea to leave a deposit on a set of tails they send out because they are such a PITA to uninstall, install old, uninstall old, install new with about a week of shipping each way to california. even then, they didn't refund me my deposit for a month, and apparently weren't planning on it till i called and asked them about it and couldn't cover their ass with "we're still bench testing them".

if you can't tell, it still pisses me off thinking about it. they don't even hold a candle to tischer, who fixed UPS's mistake within an HOUR. and bimmerworld who OVERNIGHTED a set of upgraded rotors because they initially sent the wrong side. and they did it with no b!tching, no complaining, only worrying about the customer. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KtecR (Post 9935176)
Hey, just wondering for you V1 owners: do you all reccomend leaving them in your car at all times (even if they're hardwired and tucked away)? I had a friend's get jacked from his E36 M3 but it was right in the middle of his windshield.

i leave mine in unless its hot out (black on black) but its so high on the windshield that most people wouldn't notice it unless looking for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xJustin (Post 9935188)
I have a valentine and i got a ticket, will they really pay for my ticket?

im sure they will since they advertise it so much. i think it involves you faxing or mailing them a copy of the ticket or something. definitely try calling though, they're very helpful

SteelGray3 05-10-2009 10:59 PM

That is K40 not Valentine

xJustin 05-10-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris98891 (Post 9935206)
i leave mine in unless its hot out (black on black) but its so high on the windshield that most people wouldn't notice it unless looking for it.

im sure they will since they advertise it so much. i think it involves you faxing or mailing them a copy of the ticket or something. definitely try calling though, they're very helpful

Thanks man.

chris98891 05-10-2009 11:05 PM

is it? i thought i read it in one of the magazines ads. could be wrong though

KtecR 05-10-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris98891 (Post 9935206)

Why is it bad if its hot outside?

chris98891 05-10-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KtecR (Post 9935286)
Why is it bad if its hot outside?

my mentality is it can't be good for it. also, once the V1 gets too hot, it shuts itself down to prevent damage, so i don't want it to be DOA until i can cool it down again. i feel like the heat could just eventually reduce the lifetime of it, with it being in a metal case and all. that thing gets untouchable in heat.

KtecR 05-10-2009 11:37 PM

ah ok good call, i'll have to keep that in mind this summer!

BmwAudio32 05-11-2009 08:48 AM

Im pretty sure its able to withstand the heat just fine, as i've had mine in the windsheild of my ZHP all summer last year in SC, where the temperatures reached high 90's, low 100's daily. The car probably reached 130 degrees in the interior and I never once had my Valentine One shut itself down or fail to turn on.