E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   i have a few audio questions(long) (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=672647)

guero13tx 05-06-2009 08:36 PM

i have a few audio questions(long)

3 Attachment(s)
ok first off, i serched and im still confused. with that out the way. i bought my 330ci a few montha ago and it had a few mods already. i posted a question about a phone cord sticking out of my gauge cluster but i didnt have any pics. i do now they are posted below. im sure its for a radar detector so im not too worried about that but there are the pics anyway. what i am wondering about is this.

the car has what looks like an ipod mount with an ipod cord sticking out of it. i dont have an ipod i have a zune. i had no need for the ipod stuff so for the time being i got out one of my old HU that was laying around the house with an AUX plug to play my zune with. i wanna go back to my stock unit because i like that look better but it doset have an AUX hook up or i think it dosent. what i wanna know is what do i buy to get the zune to work on the factory unit? since it has an ipod set up can i some how use that to hook up the zune. i think my HU is too old to actuly do a stright AUX cabel set up like i seen in some of the other post. so what are the steps i take to use my zune on my factory unit and stop wasteing money on audio like i have been? one more thing when i drive my car the audio sems to move from one side of the car to the other. my friend seems to think i need a capasitor( not sure of the spelling) but i thought that was for big set ups. i have an big old pheniox amp and 2 JL 8in woffers with some enclosuers that blend in with the trunk. i had to look twice when i bought it to notice them. besides the sound going from one side to the other it all looks fine so i dont wanna replace anything i dont need to. oh yeah and my last question. about hushmat/dynamat. i get laot of rattle in the back. i think its comeing from the big part that has the bolt on speaker grills. i was thinking about using this stuff on the entire back part. any one done this or have a better idea? ok thats it for now but im sure mor questions will come up. thanks.. and like i said i serched and i still dont know whats going on.

here are pics sorry that they suck but i have a crappy camera

Attachment 313985

Attachment 313987

Attachment 313988
the date on the bmw HU is 20-04-2001

ca1242 05-07-2009 07:48 AM

The first pic looks like a connection for a V1.

BMW makes aux-in adaptors for some units, but I am not sure what radios it works with. There are also aftermarket solutions (dice, etc, check BSW's website). I would take that ugly mount out and place the connections in a eurotray, which is a part you can get from a delaer and replaces cup holders, or you can go to the glove box.

As far as audio cutting off, someone has to troubleshoot to figure out what the problem is. Could be head unit, wiring, amp, shorted speaker.