E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension and Braking (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   RTAB tool for rent with extras - Cheap! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=693414)

Luky 07-25-2009 07:02 PM

RTAB tool for rent with extras - Cheap!

I just bought a new MIS RTAB tool since I couldn't find a rental in time, so now that I have used it (makes the job super simple - took only 12 seconds to pull the old bushing out using the MIS tool and a impact wrench) I figured I would rent it out rather than letting it just collect dust...

Here's the deal, you send me a paypal for the replacement cost ($130) and I will mail you the RTAB tool, two small C clamps that I found very useful for installing the powerflex RTABs (to do the final seating and centering the metal tube) and a small bottle of copper based anti-sieze. (Just use what you need, but don't waste it so others can use it too)

I will use a Priority Mail small flat rate box that should get to you in 2-3 days (cost is only $4.80+$2.75 for $150 insurance if shipping label is printed out from the USPS.com website or $4.95+$2.75 if done at the post office). You use the tools and return them to me the same way (the flat rate shipping boxes are available for free at the post office). When I receive the tool, C clamps, and bottle of anti-sieze back in good condition, I will refund $103.50 of your payment back to you. Your total cost is only about $34.20 and you don't have to go buy a $11 bottle of anti sieze to do one job... You don't have to buy the insurance to return it, but if USPS looses it or damages it I will keep your deposit... :cry:

If you damage the MIS tool, such as break the threaded shaft, I will only charge you for the actual cost to fix it (such as the cost to buy a new piece of all-thread from home depot so I can fix it). Other than that I don't think you can really F*ck one of these up since it is solid steel... Just don't beat on it with a hammer and break the welds. The C clamps are $5 each if you loose/break one. If I don't get the tool back within 3 weeks, I will deduct an extra $10 rental per each week/partial week that is over 3 weeks from when you receive it.

Just shoot me a email to lukyspam 'at' Yahoo dot com as I don't check this BBS all the time. You can check my ebay feedback for Luky92104 and see that I am good about packing and shipping my stuff and always pay quickly. If you are going to screw around or be wishy washy, don't bother me, it's not worth the stress for the couple of bucks... All I ask is that you be honest with me and I hope that I can help out a few fellow BMW Fanatics. :)

As a side note, if you are in San Diego area I would also consider renting my compressor/hose/impact wrench to help you do your RTABS - you leave a $150 deposit and pick it up/drop it off... Call it $20 to use it for the weekend... Makes it like a 1-2 hour job...

Thanks!

Eric

Hrvat 07-28-2009 02:39 PM

Bump for a great seller/E46fanatic. I purchased used set of OEM Sports Suspension couple years ago for dirt cheap :)

Luky 08-08-2009 11:55 PM

Thanks for the recommendation and the Bump! :bow:

Eric

Focal E46 08-10-2009 07:31 AM

Payment sent. Thanks

Luky 08-28-2009 11:32 PM

The RTAB tool is back as of Aug 28th if anyone would like to rent it.

I_Miss_My_///M 08-29-2009 10:24 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can this tool be used to press in OEM Meyle RTABs as well as remove the old ones? Thanks,

Matt

Luky 08-29-2009 11:13 PM

Yes. It has two different jigs(?)/pieces other than the main U bracket. One is used to remove the old bushing and the other is used to "pull" (or press) in the new bushing.

I just received another PP today and will ship the tool out on Monday to Re'. Send me an email in about 2-3 weeks and let me know if you want to rent it.

BR,

Eric

jinhao 08-31-2009 02:22 AM

i would like to rent it.

Focal E46 09-04-2009 08:49 AM

Thanks again Eric.

Tool rental went smooth and got my money back fine. A tip for those renting, grease up the rod with a good synthetic grease. I used Mobil 1 grease. I learned this from doing my rear differential bushing and it will make turning the wrench much smoother and keep the bolt from streching/breaking.

jinhao 10-01-2009 09:43 AM

still waiting on a response. i want to rent it asap!

Luky 10-13-2009 11:27 PM

Tool just shipped out to Jinhao.

Custom3 11-04-2009 07:04 PM

thread saved for later :)

any pics of the tool?

Luky 11-06-2009 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got the tool back and it is available for rent. Send me an email if you would like to rent it and I will send you my paypal account for the deposit.

Picture attached as requested.

Custom3 11-06-2009 08:34 PM

thanks for posting the pics....i will be renting this from you as soon as I buy the bushings...do you have to use a impact wrench or can you use a regular wrench? I have a impact gun but rather not use it on a tool thats not mine :eek:

Luky 11-06-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Custom3 (Post 10869983)
...do you have to use a impact wrench or can you use a regular wrench? I have a impact gun but rather not use it on a tool thats not mine :eek:

No. In fact if you have a lot of corrosion on the RTABs I would probably say not to use an impact wrench. Living in San Diego my car has never seen snow and very little rain so my RTABs must have come out pretty easily compared to others. Using a hand wrench you can go slow and make sure it is coming out straight. One of the guys that rented it had the bushing carrier twist (where it is split) which caused the shaft to bend and stick the block on the threads. He had to cut the shaft to get it off and order a new shaft/block from MIS to finish the job. Use a 1/2" ratchet and cheater pipe and it shouldn't take that long. Make sure the block is covering both ends where it is split (on the bushing carrier) so it does not deform as you are pressing it out.

Luky 11-14-2009 10:04 PM

Tool is currently rented out. Back in a couple weeks...

Stealthwagen 11-15-2009 07:06 PM

I'll need this tool in the next couple of months. Hope it's still around. Meanwhile, how about a big THANKS :bow: to Luky for taking the time and trouble to help the rest of us out!

mchase 11-16-2009 04:24 PM

Just wanted to drop by and thank Luky for helping out those of us that are changing out our RTABs!! The transaction was smooth and my funds were refunded promptly.

I was the guy that broke the tool and had it for a couple weeks while I waited for replacement parts from MIS. :facepalm:

If you need more than a 3/8" hand ratchet and small cheater bar to turn the shaft on the puller, theres a good chance that you have something wrong. My car is a Minnesota car, regularly seeing rain, snow and highway salt. My bushings were stuck hard but I still broke the MIS tool with my standard 3/8" Craftsman ratchet and my own hands.

Like Luky said, make sure everything is lubed up well, set up properly and the bushing is coming out evenly and it'll be fine.

Nice to have the new bushings installed! Didnt realize until it was really bad just how much it matters. So far so good with the Powerflex bushings.

jinhao 11-16-2009 04:29 PM

easy transaction with eric. got my refund fast too. i didn't break the tool :) though at times i felt like I was about to. just backed it out a bit and went at it again. the hardest part for me was getting the control arm low enough to use the tool. zero problems with my new OEM bushines and limiters :D

Custom3 11-16-2009 04:52 PM

:bow:
thanks for the tip

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luky (Post 10870499)
No. In fact if you have a lot of corrosion on the RTABs I would probably say not to use an impact wrench. Living in San Diego my car has never seen snow and very little rain so my RTABs must have come out pretty easily compared to others. Using a hand wrench you can go slow and make sure it is coming out straight. One of the guys that rented it had the bushing carrier twist (where it is split) which caused the shaft to bend and stick the block on the threads. He had to cut the shaft to get it off and order a new shaft/block from MIS to finish the job. Use a 1/2" ratchet and cheater pipe and it shouldn't take that long. Make sure the block is covering both ends where it is split (on the bushing carrier) so it does not deform as you are pressing it out.