E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Is HPF M3's really reliable??? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=696240)

hkalavi 08-05-2009 03:58 PM

Is HPF M3's really reliable???
 
Hey guys, thinking about getting HPF stage 2.5 on my 2004 M3 with 26K miles. From what I have read, everyone is happy with the gains in power and performance. My question is regarding reliability. From what HPF states, there is no loss of reliability but is this really true? I live in california and if things go wrong, it would be hard to get the car back to oregan as I do not have a good mechanic that I would trust here. I really do not want to deal with check engine lights, programming issues, leaks, etc.

Also is there anybody in the SF area with a HPF M3?

Thanks,

Rooz 08-05-2009 04:00 PM

Just from reading stuff up on here, I hear HPF's customer service is insane 9In the good way) and any issues if any get resolved in a timely manner

phrozen06 08-05-2009 04:01 PM

You should Ask this question 3 years from now.

finger123 08-05-2009 04:20 PM

i think you should be fine going with HPF. you should be more worried about smog check cause your in cali. :) well, unless you got some hookup! then your gold!

jcns 08-05-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finger123 (Post 10414954)
i think you should be fine going with HPF. you should be more worried about smog check cause your in cali. :) well, unless you got some hookup! then your gold!

agreed.
if you take to a place where they inspect everything, you don't have a chance in he!! to pass smog. (visual inspection - fail).
However, if you go to a place where all they do is hookup the rev wire and stick the sniffer in the exhaust, you may have a chance; pending stage 2.5 is clean enough for California.

finger123 08-05-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcns (Post 10414996)
agreed.
if you take to a place where they inspect everything, you don't have a chance in he!! to pass smog. (visual inspection - fail).
However, if you go to a place where all they do is hookup the rev wire and stick the sniffer in the exhaust, you may have a chance; pending stage 2.5 is clean enough for California.

not just that.. the HPF kit has a lit SES light on all the time. inspection places willl see this light and not pass it automatically without even thinking twice. like i said, only way is "benjamin hookup" to bypass visual inspection and that lit SES light.

Forcefed M3 08-05-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finger123 (Post 10415440)
not just that.. the HPF kit has a lit SES light on all the time. inspection places willl see this light and not pass it automatically without even thinking twice. like i said, only way is "benjamin hookup" to bypass visual inspection and that lit SES light.

Little birdy told me that will go away soon..sshhhh:) I have an HPF stage 2 on my car and I have 18k miles on it already in 6 months.:lmao: The car is insain to drive and the customer service at HPF is the best I have ever seen any company do. John the shop manager waited until 8:00 one night because I was held up with traffic. He never complained at all and had my issue fix in 30 minutes.

funkboy316 08-05-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltasleep (Post 10415474)
Little birdy told me that will go away soon..sshhhh:)

:woot:

ispeedm3 08-05-2009 08:08 PM

hells yes on the ses light disappearing!!!

on the real though. make sure u take it to HPF for install! this way u are sure everything comes back your way smooth and correct.
if you dont want to be shipping your car back and forth, then take my advise to heart

mtran850 08-05-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltasleep (Post 10415474)
Little birdy told me that will go away soon..sshhhh:)

:clap: It would be a perfect KIT

RACEMX-M3 08-05-2009 10:02 PM

I am HPF Stage 2.5 and I never see a SES light in my car.. and mine's not hidden by the gauges b/c I have HPF's Rear View Mirror Gauge Integration Option. :)

Can't believe more people aren't ALL OVER THIS. :hmm:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...W/DSC00231.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...r/DSC00235.jpg

yellowssm 08-05-2009 10:36 PM

I dont know what you guys are talking about with the SES light. Mine doesnt have it...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture143.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture141.jpg






The only light you have to worry about is this one when its on...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture144.jpg






Because with that much power you might get a little bit of this light...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture145.jpg






All these new lights will be a beautiful thing, trust me :woot:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture146.jpg

JonJon 08-05-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowssm (Post 10417009)
I dont know what you guys are talking about with the SES light. Mine doesnt have it...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture143.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture141.jpg






The only light you have to worry about is this one when its on...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture144.jpg






Because with that much power you might get a little bit of this light...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture145.jpg






All these new lights will be a beautiful thing, trust me :woot:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture146.jpg

Thats so sick

yellowssm 08-05-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonJon (Post 10417048)
Thats so sick

thanks, im glad you like :hi:

SaaDiesel 08-05-2009 10:49 PM

/\ So sick, esp that rearview mirror! I remember seeing it on youtube a cppl months ago, its amazing how hidden it is when off.

RACEMX-M3 08-05-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaaDiesel (Post 10417080)
/\ So sick, esp that rearview mirror! I remember seeing it on youtube a cppl months ago, its amazing how hidden it is when off.

Thx. The rear view mirror is tha shiz. :)

S54PWR 08-05-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowssm (Post 10417056)
thanks, im glad you like :hi:

Thats bananas! I always thought someone should make a "M Button" as the Meth Switch/Button for activating the methanol, you got a M3thanol light...simply badass, do you have an M logo on the switch too? I'll call that the ///M button. ;)

KamPow3r 08-06-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACEMX-M3 (Post 10416808)
I am HPF Stage 2.5 and I never see a SES light in my car.. and mine's not hidden by the gauges b/c I have HPF's Rear View Mirror Gauge Integration Option. :)

Can't believe more people aren't ALL OVER THIS. :hmm:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...W/DSC00231.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...r/DSC00235.jpg

Could you please provide the link & price for this mod...looks real clean.

FTWeisse 08-06-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowssm (Post 10417009)
I dont know what you guys are talking about with the SES light. Mine doesnt have it...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture143.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture141.jpg

The only light you have to worry about is this one when its on...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture144.jpg

Because with that much power you might get a little bit of this light...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture145.jpg

All these new lights will be a beautiful thing, trust me :woot:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...Picture146.jpg



I hate all that "boosted bling-bling" bullshit more than anyone on this planet - but this is pretty fuckin' slick.

Novare330 08-06-2009 02:30 AM

anytime you go FI, youre gonna be sacrificing a bit of reliability on the car, FI in general causes increased wear and tear on engine internals over a long period of time that will cause issues, but will it be significant and immediately noticeable? probably not


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use