E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General BMW Model Discussion (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Need Advice for a BMW X5, Lots of Issues... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=697339)

bimmerx88 08-10-2009 02:57 PM

Need Advice for a BMW X5, Lots of Issues...

Hello Everyone,

I am posting this because I have a 2008 BMW X5 that has gone into the dealership for multiple problems! To date from the date of purchase I've had 5 problems with this vehicle. At this time I have lost the confidence in driving a BMW, and not only that but the amount of money I paid for a fully loaded X5 I would expect better quality than something made in china as it seems...

My goal is to get BMW Canada to either upgrade me to a new BMW or replace my current vehicle.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Also, I have a few friends that actually own the same year of X5's and they haven't had any problems at all... maybe I got a lemon?

Oh and lastly, the most serious incident was when the electronically controlled e-brake engaged and the whole ECU had to be wiped cleaned and re-programmed. Plus, they sent me a normal tow trunk, not a flat bed!

Sorry for the rant... but any suggestion is aprpeciated. I'm not too pleased right now with BMW products at all.

AdamBath 08-10-2009 03:06 PM

I didn't know the X5 was an E46... Learn something new every day.

Riverbmr3 08-10-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adambath (Post 10439953)
i didn't know the x5 was an e46... Learn something new every day.

what?

ryanwhite74115 08-10-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamBath (Post 10439953)
I didn't know the X5 was an E46... Learn something new every day.

ass

he is a member of the forum...not some smuck off the street asking about modded kia's....**** if you don't have anything of note to say

to the poster...good luck forcing a dealership to give you a new car....unless the problems you listed were all for the same part it technically isn't a lemon, the same part must fail at least 3 times for it to be declared a lemon i think

AdamBath 08-10-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 (Post 10439977)
ass

he is a member of the forum...not some smuck off the street asking about modded kia's....**** if you don't have anything of note to say

to the poster...good luck forcing a dealership to give you a new car....unless the problems you listed were all for the same part it technically isn't a lemon, the same part must fail at least 3 times for it to be declared a lemon i think

Being a member of the forum doesn't give him free reign, ass.:rolleyes:

Krystian_E46 08-10-2009 03:13 PM

why dont you go on bimmerfest or different forums

AdamBath 08-10-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krystian_E46 (Post 10439990)
why dont you go on bimmerfest or different forums

Because I like this one? :idea:

ryanwhite74115 08-10-2009 03:17 PM

but you're an ass....and most members aren't....(or at least your post was)

czechchamp 08-10-2009 03:18 PM

Check into the lemon laws in Canada... :dunno: and good luck

Quote:

ass

even forums have rules

tim330i 08-10-2009 03:22 PM

Check out the X5 forum on Bimmerfest.com. We have a good group over there that might have more hands on information for you.

To everyone else - You don't need to be an ass about someone posting in the wrong section. Simply report it and the mods will move it, end of story.

Tim

BMWespresso 08-10-2009 03:23 PM

loose nut behind wheel, sounds a bit psycho like i got an X5 but want an E46 :)

JoeVert 08-10-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

ass

yep, check your local lemon laws. They differ in every state here in the US. Either way though your car won't be considered a lemon. Here is a definition for CT:

Quote:

The law presumes that a "reasonable number" is four. However, if you have less than four repair attempts for the same problem and can justify that this is a reasonable number of repair attempts, and they have been performed within the time frames noted above.

---- OR ----

When the vehicle has been out of service for repair at the dealership for a cumulative total of thirty (30) days or more - not necessarily all at one time - for any number of unrelated problems. These problems must occur within the appropriate time parameters as explained elsewhere in this material.

---- OR ----

In the case of a safety defect which is likely to cause death or serious injury if the vehicle is driven, the defect continues to exist after two (2) or more attempts during the first year of operation or the term of the express warranty, whichever occurs first
Unfortunately you just have to keep bringing it to the dealer and they will do everything in their power to not replace your vehicle. A family friend of ours had an X5 and brought it to the dealer several times complaining of odd engine noises. After telling her every time that its fine and normal her engine seized after 27k miles! Unfortunately they fixed a few parts that got it running again and they told her "too bad, thats all we have to do". needless to say, you sell this car as soon as the warranty is up.