E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Australia (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Subframe Repairs - Who has had it done? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=700192)

mvrboy 08-22-2009 05:39 AM

Subframe Repairs - Who has had it done?

Talking with regards to the E46 series M3 or not, how many people in Australia have had it done, and if so where, what where your dealings like, please share info i.e place of repair, method or responses to have BMW Oz agree etc.

Friend is in need of getting BMW Australia to repair his rear subframe.

Cheers!

CortinaD 08-22-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvrboy (Post 10499867)
Talking with regards to the E46 series M3 or not, how many people in Australia have had it done, and if so where, what where your dealings like, please share info i.e place of repair, method or responses to have BMW Oz agree etc.

Friend is in need of getting BMW Australia to repair his rear subframe.

Cheers!

My 2004 M3, cracked subframe noticed at 40,000kms. BMW Aus repaired through Adelaide Motors BMW in July 2007 under goodwill as the car was out of warranty.

EDIT: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ighlight=oh+no

Mitch_ 08-22-2009 09:44 AM

yeh mine was repaired under good will last december - 8k job done by BMW Body Shop .. i'd only had the car for about 1 month at that stage :)

mvrboy 08-22-2009 09:22 PM

You guys have any docs from BMW Australia assuming responisbility and stipulating the reasons for repair etc?

Cheers guys!

CortinaD 08-23-2009 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvrboy (Post 10501970)
You guys have any docs from BMW Australia assuming responisbility and stipulating the reasons for repair etc?

Cheers guys!

No documentation on mine, dropped it off, 3 weeks later it had a new floor and I left once again a smiling BMW owner.

bmwboy 08-23-2009 08:09 AM

I had my 323ci repaired the put the car on a jig and put in a whole new floor was done under "good will" after threatning legal action

msbhvn 08-23-2009 11:30 PM

No documentation either but they repaired it after threat of legal action. The manager let slip that they will cover it up to 10 yrs of age for the car. It is a defect so warranty doesnt come in to play.

There is an article on the front page about BMW america and a civil case, you may want to read it.

mvrboy 08-24-2009 03:25 AM

Ok, so in theory its all about legal letigation.

Great, I am sure there would be a whole bunch of lawyers who would love to have a crack at a large corporate organisation like BMW Oz.

Hopefully we can get my friends car done without issue. He bought an 04' M3 and isnt happy as larry currently.

they asked him for the klms and year. Done 77,000klms full service history, previous first owner was anal with the car. Paid over $7k for new rotors, pads and redoing of all 4 wheels!

Hmmm, crazy!

CortinaD 08-24-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvrboy (Post 10506464)
Ok, so in theory its all about legal letigation.

Great, I am sure there would be a whole bunch of lawyers who would love to have a crack at a large corporate organisation like BMW Oz.

Hopefully we can get my friends car done without issue. He bought an 04' M3 and isnt happy as larry currently.

they asked him for the klms and year. Done 77,000klms full service history, previous first owner was anal with the car. Paid over $7k for new rotors, pads and redoing of all 4 wheels!

Hmmm, crazy!

Just keep onto them - I cant see him having a problem. Even pull some badge rank if you need to and point out that ///M on all the documentation they say stands for Motorsport and motorsport cars shouldn't crack subframes, tracked or not tracked.

mvrboy 08-26-2009 08:00 PM

Ok, the car is being inspected by the regional manager on the 15th of September here in WA.

They are not saying anything with regards to assuming responsibility as yet. I have pointed out to them the numerous cars done by Parramatta Smash repairs 24+ cars.

Being an 04' they dont believe that it should happen to this particular year. I have stated to them that I know of an 04' being done (thanks Cortina D) but I need some sort of proof to stop them from literally BS'ing me all the time.

If anyone has an 04' or later and wishes to help me out please pm me. I can only think of written documentation or the registration/vin number to prove the year of the car previously repaired via BMW Australia.

Let me know guys, I have had $8k thrown at me by Parramatta to fix this privately and this is not an option. car was only purchased recently privately.

mvrboy 09-22-2009 05:23 AM

Had word back from the Dealer, as the BMW Oz doesnt seem to deal direct. They wish that we pay the labour $5,900 and they pay only the repair part kit $915!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not happy, will see how the legal route pans out.

Cheers!

In the mean time, if possible could Cortina D, msbhvn, bmwboy and Mitch please get in contact with me via pm so I can have some evidence of getting your cars done etc. I need info to prove cars have been done under goodwill etc

N4NOOK 09-22-2009 05:33 AM

thats so f**ked!

Good luck chief

Jall 09-22-2009 05:49 AM

Going into Doncaster BM tomorrow to have my torn subframe "inspected".

Will see how things pan out. :(

If Cortina D, msbhvn, bmwboy and Mitch could contact me via PM aswell that would be awesome.

E46 Coupe 09-22-2009 06:54 AM

Mine was repaired and reinforced with the TMS kit. All out of my own pocket though.

mvrboy 09-22-2009 11:38 PM

Pm's sent to repaired owners - please help out. Can't even register the car in WA due to it being deemed unroadworthy due to the obvious subframe issues at the licensing dept.

I bought a $70k+ car and now I have nothing but a car worth spare parts value if not fixed!!!!!!!!

msbhvn 09-23-2009 12:56 AM

I replied to your PM, mine was also done under "good will," again after threats of legal action....Honestly with the financial crises you think they would not make it so hard to fix a blatant problem, I wont be buying a BMW again after the crap I went through.

I took my car in on 29/07/09 and it is still 3 weeks away from being repaired, what a joke!

bobz 09-23-2009 01:10 AM

Have you taken this issue up with BMW Australia yet?

BobZ

Mitch_ 09-23-2009 01:27 AM

I swapped my car with a mate for a day (his an apprentice at BMW) they inspected it, took various pics and sent them off - bmw wanted more pics - by this stage it was no longer a crack but a gaping hole - more pics were taken - everyone in the workshop was 50/50 on whether it'd be repaired under "good will". Mate texted me during the day saying that they'd fix it and sent me details of a shop to take it to for a quote... then it was repaired after the quote...
Cars got full service history - is 100% stock - and had 115,000km on the clock. was out of action for about 3 weeks...
i think the thing that got me over the edge was that my mate worked there...

mvrboy 09-23-2009 01:42 AM

Ok, as stated to Mitch.

Chassis number, rego your name and contact details would be suffice. Chassis/vin number should be on your rego papers. Also, I will need the smash repairer you were sent to, the contact you had/dealt with via BMW dealer and Australia, state your car is in, and the date they inspected and approved/sent you to get it fixed.

My lawyer has practises on both the Western and Eastern coasts so this is going to be a thorough procedure. Hopefully it will help others to stand up and pursue them, possibly get the ball rolling for a BMW Australia settlement for all E46 owners...

If you have problems or have had them fixed please let me know, the more the better, will make the case stronger to help all of us!

mvrboy 09-23-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobz (Post 10657067)
Have you taken this issue up with BMW Australia yet?

BobZ

BMW Australia consistently blows me off and never gets back to me with any useful information. Always the statement of "We are waiting to hear back from the Regional Manager with his decision"

I am always chasing them, finally I was contacted via BMW Autoclassic in WA and they stated have heard back from BMW Australia/regional manager and is only willing to pay for the repair kit, you will have to cover the labour at trade price.