E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Getting a new weapon! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=706069)

Skeeter 09-16-2009 12:56 AM

Getting a new weapon!
 
Already have an XD (45) and an AR (CMMG lower, Daniel Def upper, magpul ...)

I've always been attracted to the Five Seven but the availibility and price of rounds is a turn off. Looking for something unique. Possibly the Sig 556?


Thoughts? Suggestions.

Reedo302 09-16-2009 08:12 AM

Definitely a good option. Check out the FN SCAR 5.56mm, or even the SCAR 7.62mm as well. In the realm of rifles, It's getting harder and harder to get something unique. If you fancy a real challenge, try and get on a list for the H&K MR556 or MR762. No telling when those are supposed to hit shelves, but it is supposed to be soon. They'll be very rare at least for a couple years.

david05111 09-16-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reedo302 (Post 10624321)
Definitely a good option. Check out the FN SCAR 5.56mm, or even the SCAR 7.62mm as well. In the realm of rifles, It's getting harder and harder to get something unique. If you fancy a real challenge, try and get on a list for the H&K MR556 or MR762. No telling when those are supposed to hit shelves, but it is supposed to be soon. They'll be very rare at least for a couple years.

Yea but a SCAR or the HK will run you a ton of cash, way above 3000 probably. If he was talking about a FiveSeven pistol or a Sig556, his budget is sub 1200

Skeeter 09-16-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 10624915)
Yea but a SCAR or the HK will run you a ton of cash, way above 3000 probably. If he was talking about a FiveSeven pistol or a Sig556, his budget is sub 1200


I'd like to keep it in that range. I was thinking 1200 to 1700. I was going to get coil-overs, but in the zombie apocalypse a set of KWs ain't gonna do squat.

Reedo302 09-16-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 10624915)
Yea but a SCAR or the HK will run you a ton of cash, way above 3000 probably. If he was talking about a FiveSeven pistol or a Sig556, his budget is sub 1200

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeeter (Post 10624930)
I'd like to keep it in that range. I was thinking 1200 to 1700. I was going to get coil-overs, but in the zombie apocalypse a set of KWs ain't gonna do squat.

Keep an eye out for the new Benelli MR-1. It's a Benelli R-1 rifle with tactical components that will accept M16 magazines. It's slated to come out in the next couple months, and will be between $1k and $1500. It's supposed to be just an insane rifle.

Skeeter 09-16-2009 12:11 PM

^ That MR1 looks amazing. Whats the deal with the slope down stock?

Reedo302 09-16-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeeter (Post 10625110)
^ That MR1 looks amazing. Whats the deal with the slope down stock?

The MR1 will be like the Benelli M4. It will only be available to the public with a solid stock (allegedly). The slope down stock will be an adjustable telescoping stock like the LE/Military version of the M4/M1015 JSCS.

http://www.armietiro.it/edisport/arm...LE/Rx4_800.jpg
http://www.special-warfare.net/data_...elli_m4_06.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...2/IMG_2498.jpg












Commercial versions:

http://www.benelliusa.com/assets/sil...yn_defense.jpg
http://www.benelliusa.com/assets/sil...ol_defense.jpg

david05111 09-16-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reedo302 (Post 10626725)
The MR1 will be like the Benelli M4. It will only be available to the public with a solid stock (allegedly). The slope down stock will be an adjustable telescoping stock like the LE/Military version of the M4/M1015 JSCS.

http://www.armietiro.it/edisport/arm...LE/Rx4_800.jpg
http://www.special-warfare.net/data_...elli_m4_06.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...2/IMG_2498.jpg










Commercial versions:

http://www.benelliusa.com/assets/sil...yn_defense.jpg
http://www.benelliusa.com/assets/sil...ol_defense.jpg

Cool looking, but do we expect it to be a better platform than a standard AR15? I suspect not. Still, might be something to look forward to.

Reedo302 09-16-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david05111 (Post 10626983)
Cool looking, but do we expect it to be a better platform than a standard AR15? I suspect not. Still, might be something to look forward to.

Well, the forend I don't like. It's the same front end as a PX4 Storm, which I don't like. If Benelli would have put a 4 rail picatinny forend on it, that would have been better. A picatinny top rail is needed too.
As far as better than a standard AR, it depends on what you're using as a litmus test. The MR1 is significantly more reliable than standard gas tube operated ARs with it's short-stroke twin gas piston ARGO system.

This MR1 is just the first incarnation. It should be available in multiple configurations at some point, or so I've heard rumors.

Skeeter 09-16-2009 10:28 PM

I'm going to get to put a SIG 556 through it paces tomorrow. I'll report back.

Reedo302 09-16-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeeter (Post 10627904)
I'm going to get to put a SIG 556 through it paces tomorrow. I'll report back.

We'll be waiting...:)

learthworml 09-17-2009 12:12 PM

Get a really nice shotty since you have a pistol and rifle already.

Rush4theYehO 09-17-2009 05:45 PM

Looks like I'm late to this thread, but best of luck with those Sig 556's. They're pretty heavy. I was gonna recommend checking out one of those new Remington ACR. Used to be the Magpul Masada or Bushmaster ACR....but both of them dropped the ball and Remington picked up where they left off.

Skeeter 09-18-2009 04:15 PM

OK.

Back from my date with the Sig. First let me say that it feels very solid and is exquisitely engineered. I've always loved my AR but it just never felt right and although I'm 100% confident in the weapon, I'm not all that crazy about my assembly of the trigger mech that I installed on the lower. Just feels like it needs more spring tension.


That being said, the trigger mechanism of the Sig is robust. What can I say? It is a good weapon, but I did have difficulty adjusting to the weight. Felt heavier than the M16A2, but easier to balance.


Verdict: Paid in plastic and I'll post pics when shes at home :)

davidwarren 09-18-2009 04:17 PM

you think someone would have told that model to keep her finger off the trigger...

Snik 09-18-2009 04:31 PM

hhaa, the M1014, im nasty with that thing. :) miss it

GuapOh 09-27-2009 12:40 AM

Newest Ruger........SR556. AR platform meets fully accessorized gas PISTON gun with user adjustable gas settings for maximum shooting in harshest condition with differing qualities of ammo.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use