E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   325xi Exterior Mods (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=732760)

neversummer 01-10-2010 04:26 PM

325xi Exterior Mods

What's up guys,

I recently bought an orient blue metallic 2002 BMW 325xi. I love everything about the car, but i noticed the car is not very fast. I have been looking all around forums and came to the conclusion that to make it quick i would need to invest in a turbocharger/supercharger, chip, exhaust, intake, headers, and all that good stuff. Problem is, I have a part time job and I am a student therefore I don't have 5k to blow on all this. I think I'm just going to modify the outside, and make it look nicer than it already does and leave the engine alone. I recently just bought 4 new bulbs for my headlights and that's the only mods I have so far. I know everyone on this site is a lot more experienced than me so I would appreciate if you guys could give me your opinions on what would make my car look better. Ill take into consideration all opinions and have pictures of my car up soon. I'm not on a tight budget, but I don't have tons of money to throw away.

Thanks to all. :)

FocusXi 01-10-2010 04:29 PM

M3 Sedan Bumper, Good Sideskirts, M-tech 2 Rear. Strassentech lip for the bumper, Umnitza P46's w/ Orion v2's, 35/55 Watt Hids in the Headlights/Fogs, Drop, Rims. DONE.

neversummer 01-10-2010 04:40 PM

I'm not touching the bumpers but I am definitely considering angel eyes, drop, rims. I think I'm gonna order vmr vb3's in the spring because you know what Jersey winter's do to your car and rims.

s3th 01-10-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusXi (Post 11152065)
M3 Sedan Bumper, Good Sideskirts, M-tech 2 Rear. Strassentech lip for the bumper, Umnitza P46's w/ Orion v2's, 35/55 Watt Hids in the Headlights/Fogs, Drop, Rims. DONE.

for that I'd say Mtech 2 Sedan Bumper, mtech 2 rear, some orion v2 angel eye, don't need the p46's if you just bought new bulbs but is a good mod, drop, wheels, mirrors.

neversummer 01-10-2010 05:12 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking at the angel eyes, and my headlights, and it doesn't look like the rings will fit over my stock headlights. Will it fit or will i have to buy new housings? Probably a dumb question but im interested.

skang330 01-10-2010 05:44 PM

Congrats on your car. There are tons and tons of information on this forum. I have been living on here lol and trust me you will just learn whats next on the car by looking at everyone's car around here. Not saying make an identical car that is on this forum, but look at pictures, find what fits your taste and then mod away. One thing people will get on you about is the searching subject, it kind of gets old reading the same question over and over again from a noob, so just a heads up. the search helps a lot, so search before you make a thread.

ps post some pictures

Edison@JleviSW 01-10-2010 06:44 PM

There is not a lot to do to the car performance wise without going forced induction. You can do an intake, exhaust and software but the power gains will not be more than 15-20 all together.

Exterior wise, start with clears, angel eyes and a replacement bumper (M-Tech II or M3). You can then go on to wheels and suspension to clean up the outside.

Congrats on the car, you've come to the right place :D

neversummer 01-10-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW (Post 11152610)
There is not a lot to do to the car performance wise without going forced induction. You can do an intake, exhaust and software but the power gains will not be more than 15-20 all together.

Exterior wise, start with clears, angel eyes and a replacement bumper (M-Tech II or M3). You can then go on to wheels and suspension to clean up the outside.

Congrats on the car, you've come to the right place :D

I'd like to think that 15-20 hp/tq is going to make a huge improvement but I don't see it. If you have seen 20 hp gains really make a beamer move I'll consider the intake/exhaust/tune. Angel eyes and clears are a definite, but I'm still iffy about the bumper because I'd have to send it to an auto shop/stealership to match paint and installation which I don't want to do. vmr vb3's and h&r springs coming in the spring. Thanks for the input though, I appreciate it.

Edison@JleviSW 01-10-2010 08:30 PM

The main advantage to those performance mods is to make the car more responsive. It won't be a completely different car but you can notice the difference.

With that said, start with the exterior mods first.

neversummer 01-10-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW (Post 11153058)
The main advantage to those performance mods is to make the car more responsive. It won't be a completely different car but you can notice the difference.

With that said, start with the exterior mods first.

Yeah, I'm gonna start with the exterior mods for sure. Might even grab a matte black grill from you guys b/c every time i try to take out the OEM grill I end up snapping a clip and I have only like 2 clips left. Yeah call me retarded but I can't get the damn thing out. :facepalm: Plus I cant wait to stomp the OEM grill that has given me so much trouble in the past month.

jbugg328 01-10-2010 09:39 PM

please post up pix of your ride!!

neversummer 01-11-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbugg328 (Post 11153376)
please post up pix of your ride!!

Once I get a carwash I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures.

ALE46 01-11-2010 07:30 AM

There is a website of a company selling specifically BMW bodykit in Thailand. Not sure if I can post the website address here but they have alot of pictures of E46 sedan and coupe with different bodykits fitted. Basically you can get the idea from them and get the right bodykit you need.

wdeerfield 01-11-2010 07:50 AM

DROP

then,
Rims
Tint
RCR tails
Black Grill
clear corners and sides
m3 lip spoiler
roof spoiler (if you like em)
mt2 kit
angel eyes or city lights

neversummer 01-11-2010 08:23 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Brought her to the car wash today and thought I'd take a couple quick pictures. Enjoy and honest opinions are welcomed.

Attachment 344436

Attachment 344437

Attachment 344438

Attachment 344439

Attachment 344440

Attachment 344441

Attachment 344442

Attachment 344443

Attachment 344444

Attachment 344445

Attachment 344446

Attachment 344447

wdeerfield 01-11-2010 08:32 PM

very nice. maybe some new headlight covers to clean up the front.

neversummer 01-11-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdeerfield (Post 11157938)
very nice. maybe some new headlight covers to clean up the front.

Yup, I tried to use Meguiar's Plastix, and i found myself sitting in my driveway for 4 hours making no progress whatsoever so those headlight covers are the first thing ordered. Thanks btw

ATF 01-11-2010 08:42 PM

What kind of look are you going for?

You could go with clears all around, some tint and wheels to freshen up the look (cheaply). Gather more funds and then pickup new headlights, bumper, suspension.

neversummer 01-11-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATF (Post 11157995)
What kind of look are you going for?

You could go with clears all around, some tint and wheels to freshen up the look (cheaply). Gather more funds and then pickup new headlights, bumper, suspension.

I'm going for a clean look. I don't want it to blend in with the rest of the 3 series that are used for grocery shopping and driven by a 40 year old wife or the 17 year old girl. I'd really like it to not look like a monster truck with the small rims, high profile tires, and the dreaded 2 inch gap between tire and fender.

wat3rbug 01-12-2010 10:05 AM

see sig for some ideas. mtech 2 bumper, angel eyes, lip spoiler on the back, clears, a drop and some 19's. Check gottalovethexi and a few others for ideas on what you can do with an xi.