E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Love Line (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Need advice: dating older women (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=750547)

dauble2k5 03-22-2010 12:34 PM

Need advice: dating older women

So, I started dating this girl who's a bit older than me. She's 27, I'm 23. I don't think the age is too big of a deal, but she is having a bit of a rough time getting used to it. She feels like I'm not experienced enough with being independent and things and feels that I'm just now beginning to start my life, with a job and stuff. But, she is trying to overlook them. Currently, I'm on my own, but have a roommate. I'm not too sure she likes that a whole lot, seeing how she's very independent and has mentioned that that may bother her a bit.

I am really beginning to like this chick a lot and don't wanna f this one up. What do you guys recommend I do? I've never dated an older chick before; she said she gets bored easily and doesn't want anything to be 'lame' or 'boring', so I'm thinking about planning a few weekend getaways with her. I met a few of her friends the other night, including her best girl friend, and she told me that her friend 'approved' of me, which apparently, is pretty tough to do.

She asked me the other night what 'label' I would put on our 'thing' and I said dating, possibly working towards something more, and she said she was a bit scared by that. I think she's got a few commitment issues, mainly just being afraid of wasting her/my time with getting bored.

What do you guys think, should I keep on taking it slow with her, tell her what I want or what?

Thanks guys!

Ny4Life4Ti 03-22-2010 12:39 PM

RUN! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!

btw... im sure pics will help us out for deciding your fate :craig:

and im pretty sure this thread is in the wrong place..... and i was really hoping you were about to turn this story and "the older woman" into a old BMW revival story :tsk:

firefirefire90 03-22-2010 12:40 PM

First thing is first, please move to the :luv: forum

Secondly, I'd be straight with her. Don't change your life around her, just tell her what's up and if she doesn't like it move on. This isn't highschool anymore.

OH yeah,

:pics:

zhp pilot 03-22-2010 12:40 PM

Where did you find a 27 year old E46?

In before the move.

:wrong:

350ZBOY 03-22-2010 12:42 PM

I think I seen a episode like this on True Life-"My Girl is older than me"

Basically, all of them broke up, and the girls never let you go out.

the end. but that's MTV :rofl:

kpeng 03-22-2010 12:43 PM

You like the GILFS?

AlphaVortex 03-22-2010 12:50 PM

If you're coming to the General E46 Discussion area for relationship advice, I'd say you probably aren't mature enough for her. :P

BSR423 03-22-2010 12:53 PM

Go out bar hopping till she falls on her face, then tell her she's boring

dauble2k5 03-22-2010 12:54 PM

Not sure how to move the thread.. but I'll keep searching. Also, this is us Friday night.. I need a haircut..

To make this a BMW thread.. we were driving home last night from Bdub's and she looked over and said 'So.. what can this thing REALLY do?'. Dropped it into 4th, passed 100, hard shift, passed 115 and said 'That. Fun?'. She smiled. She doesn't like how I can take corners and grabs my arm usually. I just explained that's how they are and they have exceptional handling.

http://davidauble.info/jennifer.jpg

BSR423 03-22-2010 12:56 PM

Does she own a cat?

Ny4Life4Ti 03-22-2010 01:01 PM

now I am happy... thanks for the story and the pic :thanks:

seriously though... you guys look great together...... but still. RUN! Im telling you she's going to hold on to the age thing and tear you apart with it. And then when it's that time of the month she might say crazy things like "I KNEW YOU WERE TOO YOUNG TO HANDLE ME" and blah blah blah. Take it slow and see where SHE wants to take it and if anything happens you can just say "Hey, you're the one that chose me :dunno: ". Good luck though lol

wasp9166 03-22-2010 01:02 PM

:rofl:

dauble2k5 03-22-2010 01:05 PM

yes.. she has a cat, actually.. not sure if that's a good thing, ha ha. i think i'm going to take it slow and see how/where things go. we get along really well and she likes the ideas of my planning to go places and bring her. she's thinking about taking a vacation someplace this summer (she's a teacher) and i've got plenty of time i can take for vacation, so hopefully, we'll be able to do something.

thanks guys!!

Avet4 03-22-2010 01:20 PM

****LISTEN TO MY ADVICE****

YOU are the mature one in your relationship. You are also more mature than I am.

I am older than you, I'll be 26 in about a month, and I am the male version of the girl you are dating. I am immature for my age in the sense that I have the same commitment issues that she has.

I definitely have more life experiences than you do, as does she, but that does not equate to maturity.

I am in the inverse situation that you are in right now. I'm 25 dating a 21 year old chick. I know that I don't want to commit to her. I have more life experiences than her by a lot but I am not strong willed and emotionally mature enough to commit to a relationship. I feel horrible for her because I know she is head-over-heels for me and would be the perfect life-partner for me, but I cannot progress my life b/c of various fears of change/commitment etc.

The difference between me and your girl is that as a guy I am able to be insightful about my short-comings, which I doubt she is able to do. Also as a guy I take full blame for why my relationship isn't working, whereas your girl sounds like shes blaming YOU for when you were born.

I suggest you have as much fun as you can nailing an older chick (no offense since you clearly have feelings for her) and then let it fall apart whenever it does.

My experiences with older women have been mainly of the sexual sort. No dating what-so-ever.

Good luck

dauble2k5 03-22-2010 01:24 PM

ha ha ha, love the advice. so far, from speaking with my friends and things, they all just say take it slooooooow and that i'm okay/in control. i have no idea how it's going to turn out, but i'm ready for whatever :)

she's really down to earth and we can talk really well, so i'm hoping this will work out.

Kernith 03-22-2010 01:25 PM

coming from a 50 year old who has been married to the same girl for 23 years... just enjoy the ride. The car and the girl. Don't think too much about it. If the car breaks, get it fixed until you don't feel it is worth fixing. Same with the girl. But the difference... you don't marry the car. :rofl: be careful.... take your time and have fun. Lots of cars and lots of girls. :thumbsup:

dauble2k5 03-22-2010 01:27 PM

i think that's the best advice ever.. thanks!!

Ny4Life4Ti 03-22-2010 01:34 PM

awwww.... okay group hug guys!... no hom0. Best of luck to you and catwoman!

dauble2k5 03-22-2010 01:38 PM

ha ha.. thanks.. fml? :D

BMWDon 03-22-2010 02:31 PM

she gets bored easily...means your wallet can't handle the hit to keep her "satisfied"...she is independant but owns a cat = means she's a mental patient the hospital hasn't found yet.

Run, hit it and run the hell away, make sure she can't find you. I've got $5 says she's the type to slash tires and key your car when she sees you with a new girlfriend 5 months from now