E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   recommend rotors + pads for e46 m3? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=751423)

joelnet 03-24-2010 10:31 PM

recommend rotors + pads for e46 m3?

My #1 factor right now is price.

My rotors are distorted and need to be replaced (not interested in having them turned). I've been looking at the BimmerBrakes kit which is $729.99 which seems like a pretty good deal for rotors and pads.

Has anyone used their rotors? or have other recommendations for me to look at before I purchase?

I'm gonnna place an order within the next few days. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks! :)

SpeedDemon 03-25-2010 02:35 AM

Just spend the $935 and get a set of OEM floating ZCP rotors and pads from Tischer (that price includes the new carriers). Think of it this way... you're spending an extra $200 for a set of brakes that will last you at least 20k miles (or more depending on how you drive; up to 40/50k).

joelnet 03-25-2010 03:28 AM

$935 + $167 for pads. That's about 50% more expensive.

Is the OEM kit better?

SpeedDemon 03-25-2010 11:20 AM

Sorry, I hadn't realized that price was the #1 concern. If that's the case then why not just go with Centric rotors from TireRack for $250? And then order some Jurid (OEM Supplier) pads from Pelican Parts for $150. While you're at it, order your Liter of Ate Blue from Pelican as well for $15. Total cost will be only $415.

Edison@JleviSW 03-25-2010 11:52 AM

What are you going to use the brakes primarily for? Street? Track? Combo? We can do a set of custom rotors for you with a few different finish options including a gloss black hat, silver zinc plated coating, matte black or gold plated coating and any 2 combo of drilled, slotted or dimpled.

We can package them together with several different pad options- it depends on how you will be using the brakes and what's important to you in terms of cost and performance. We also offer the OE sensors to go with them.

Frenetik Custom Brake Rotors for the E46 M3
http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/imag...smainphoto.jpg

Evan@Tischer 03-25-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

What are you going to use the brakes primarily for? Street? Track? Combo? We can do a set of custom rotors for you with a few different finish options including a gloss black hat, silver zinc plated coating, matte black or gold plated coating and any 2 combo of drilled, slotted or dimpled.

We can package them together with several different pad options- it depends on how you will be using the brakes and what's important to you in terms of cost and performance. We also offer the OE sensors to go with them.
Agreed...just depends on what you want and what they'll be used for. For a custom set-up, don't think you can go wrong w/ JLevi SW's offering!! :)

ModBargains II 03-25-2010 04:00 PM

If you're looking for a good street / mild track setup, why not check out the Stoptech Stage 2 Upgrade for you car?

It includes Stoptech Slotted Rotors, StopTech SS brake lines (front and rear), Motul RBF600 fluid, and Axxis Ultimate Pads. It's a great deal for the whole package!

BimmerBrakes 03-25-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelnet (Post 11516842)
My #1 factor right now is price.

My rotors are distorted and need to be replaced (not interested in having them turned). I've been looking at the BimmerBrakes kit which is $729.99 which seems like a pretty good deal for rotors and pads.

Has anyone used their rotors? or have other recommendations for me to look at before I purchase?

I'm gonnna place an order within the next few days. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Our Rotors are Centric Rotors. They are Very Well Known Brand.

(Note: Centric is the parent company of StopTech and Power Slot. StopTech SportStop and Power Slot rotors start as Centric blanks and are machined in-house on computer controlled milling machines.)

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Mike325i 03-25-2010 04:48 PM

Since price is the #1 concern, IMO, you can't go wrong with bimmerbrakes. Not only is the price good, but the service is great and you are basically buying stoptech parts without the stoptech price. Why pay extra when you can get the same stuff for cheaper.

My rear brakes are about to go and I've been talking to Anthony@Bimmerbrakes and he is a stand up guy. Answers all the dumb questions I have and is always prompt. I have also hear nothing but good things about him from several people I know.

mosill 03-25-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike325i (Post 11520469)
Since price is the #1 concern, IMO, you can't go wrong with bimmerbrakes. Not only is the price good, but the service is great and you are basically buying stoptech parts without the stoptech price. Why pay extra when you can get the same stuff for cheaper.

My rear brakes are about to go and I've been talking to Anthony@Bimmerbrakes and he is a stand up guy. Answers all the dumb questions I have and is always prompt. I have also hear nothing but good things about him from several people I know.

+1

I will probably be ordering mine soon from him as we get closer to summer.

vsvahia007 03-25-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony@BimmerBrakes (Post 11520467)
Our Rotors are Centric Rotors. They are Very Well Known Brand.

(Note: Centric is the parent company of StopTech and Power Slot. StopTech SportStop and Power Slot rotors start as Centric blanks and are machined in-house on computer controlled milling machines.)

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Hands Down :bow: I bought my brake upgrade kit from Bimmer Brakes honestly they are the best bang for the buck. Great Service and Great Products :thumbsup:

joelnet 03-29-2010 06:18 PM

My car is heavier than a normal M3 due to the stereo equipment thrown into it. So I don't track the car, which is why performance isn't my highest priority.

Eddie from ModBargains was able to hook me up with a great deal on their StopTech Stage 2 Brake Upgrade which came out to $693.10 shipped.

Thanks Eddie!

cancell 03-29-2010 06:27 PM

Autohausaz.com sells your front rotors for $137 each, and the Jurid OE improved compound pads for $73. That's $346, and they offer free shipping for orders over $50. These are made by BMW's OE parts manufacturers.

This will be your cheapest/safest route for quality parts.

Edit: I'm just a happy customer of theirs, no other affiliation.

pkirwan6 10-02-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelnet (Post 11537281)
My car is heavier than a normal M3 due to the stereo equipment thrown into it. So I don't track the car, which is why performance isn't my highest priority.

Eddie from ModBargains was able to hook me up with a great deal on their StopTech Stage 2 Brake Upgrade which came out to $693.10 shipped.

Thanks Eddie!

Just wondering about your stoptech stage 2 brake upgrade. I would do track once a year and rest driving on the roads but push the car hard any opportunity i get. Would they suit for me