E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   **need help deciding my new paint job...** (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=751808)

try M3 03-26-2010 02:42 PM

**need help deciding my new paint job...**

so im painting my car really soon..
i want to do a diamond themed car.
i was thinking 2 tone: tiffany(the color on the tiffany & co box) and black.
i dont know if i should do all tiff with black trunk,roof,hood. or the other way around. i was able to find a e46 with the lines i want. just have to sub the colors.

:drool: Photobucket

sin11234 03-26-2010 02:59 PM

http://ecclick.net/new-dunksb/NEWITE...ny_dunks_2.jpg

tiffany dunks:niceshoes

viceversa 03-26-2010 03:05 PM

Why repaint an 11 year old car that already has a decent paint job and an engine bay that could make use of the $ for something bigger? Does it grow on trees by you?

try M3 03-26-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sin11234 (Post 11524944)

thats the color. and hell yea they are :str8pimpi

try M3 03-26-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fibonacci00782 (Post 11524962)
Why repaint an 11 year old car that already has a decent paint job and an engine bay that could make use of the $ for something bigger? Does it grow on trees by you?

the car got wrecked due to a blow out. im repairing the body work and i have a m3 bumper thats goin on there. so the car needs to be repainted anyways.

money def does not grow on trees by me but sellin trees makes the money. i grind hard for my cash and i earn the right to spend it how i see fit.

xi325xi02 03-26-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by try M3 (Post 11525901)
the car got wrecked due to a blow out. im repairing the body work and i have a m3 bumper thats goin on there. so the car needs to be repainted anyways.

money def does not grow on trees by me but sellin trees makes the money. i grind hard for my cash and i earn the right to spend it how i see fit.

Oh good, so we have some big shot weed dealer on the forum. Can i have a qp plz via usps. Thx :tsk:

Titan 3 03-26-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Why do all the DBs keep joining this forum? :tsk: '09,'10, '11 is gonna kill us all!

JustMadeTheCut 03-26-2010 08:01 PM

well its not my money so watev. if you want an opinion, tiffany's is played out as a company in general. girls dont like that crap anymore cuz their boyfriends from high school already bought them the heart-shaped pendon. i think the color is coo if you are a chick but as a dude, i would go with a midnight blue heavy on white pearl. i think it would really set it off and increase the resale value tremendously. no ones gonna buy your ***** tiffany's colored 10 year old bmw. i would also consider getting some mesh wheels and paint them to match leaving the polished lip of course!

or part it the fuq out

try M3 03-26-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xi325xi02 (Post 11525934)
Oh good, so we have some big shot weed dealer on the forum. Can i have a qp plz via usps. Thx :tsk:

damm this thread went bad fast. i didnt mean to come off as a big shot or db, just found the comment "does money grow on trees" a bit rude. im actually a pretty humble and low key person.

thanks justmadethecut for ur input and for getting the thread back on track.

tiffany as a company is lame but yes the color is nice. idk if u guys wear any diamond supply co. clothes but thats the sort of theme im going for. i really want a 2 tone paint job and i want it to be somethin no one has. any and all input is greatly appreciated. as for re-sale of the car.. i dont think i would ever sell it. i bought it with cracked headcasket and no transmission. this is my project car for the past 2 years

viceversa 03-26-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

You can't be a very good drug dealer (or driver for that matter) if you're driving around an 11 year old car (at the end of the day, it is). Admitting to selling drugs on an open web forum in a truly unique car that clearly identifies you probably doesn't help your case either, or likely to win you any friends.

In any case, this is exactly why I don't want to go to meet-ups.

try M3 03-26-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fibonacci00782 (Post 11526087)
You can't be a very good drug dealer (or driver for that matter) if you're driving around an 11 year old car (at the end of the day, it is). Admitting to selling drugs on an open web forum in a truly unique car that clearly identifies you probably doesn't help your case either, or likely to win you any friends.

lol everyone assumes dealers are loaded. it keeps food on my stomach and school books on my table, it's not a profession it's just makin ends meet. imho i see nothin wrong with driving a eleven year old car. my next project car is a 64 chevy. if im looked at as a bad driver for liking my car so be it.

xi325xi02 03-27-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by try M3 (Post 11526072)
damm this thread went bad fast. i didnt mean to come off as a big shot or db, just found the comment "does money grow on trees" a bit rude. im actually a pretty humble and low key person.

thanks justmadethecut for ur input and for getting the thread back on track.

tiffany as a company is lame but yes the color is nice. idk if u guys wear any diamond supply co. clothes but thats the sort of theme im going for. i really want a 2 tone paint job and i want it to be somethin no one has. any and all input is greatly appreciated. as for re-sale of the car.. i dont think i would ever sell it. i bought it with cracked headcasket and no transmission. this is my project car for the past 2 years

Quote:

Originally Posted by fibonacci00782 (Post 11526087)

Quote:

Originally Posted by try M3 (Post 11526179)
lol everyone assumes dealers are loaded. it keeps food on my stomach and school books on my table, it's not a profession it's just makin ends meet. imho i see nothin wrong with driving a eleven year old car. my next project car is a 64 chevy. if im looked at as a bad driver for liking my car so be it.

Lol I was half way kidding, good to know you're not a dbag.

Chance_P 03-27-2010 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by try M3 (Post 11526179)
lol everyone assumes dealers are loaded. it keeps food on my stomach and school books on my table, it's not a profession it's just makin ends meet.

this is a joke right? first you ask what color you should get your car painted, then you try to justify selling drugs to keep food in your stomach and school books on the table.

i cant take this seriously.

willsbma 03-27-2010 01:59 AM

Hey It's hard to find honest work in this economy! Just photoshop the color you want. In the end it's your car...

jlister0 03-27-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by try M3 (Post 11524869)
so im painting my car really soon..
i want to do a diamond themed car.
i was thinking 2 tone: tiffany(the color on the tiffany & co box) and black.
i dont know if i should do all tiff with black trunk,roof,hood. or the other way around. i was able to find a e46 with the lines i want. just have to sub the colors.

:drool: Photobucket

some of these guys can be harsh on this site but i think a full black hood roof and trunk would look the best with the white post pics after:P

xi325xi02 03-27-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlister0 (Post 11527148)
some of these guys can be harsh on this site but i think a full black hood roof and trunk would look the best with the white post pics after:P

Op- Don't do this.

\\V 03-27-2010 04:35 AM

Matte Black + Gloss Roof

try M3 03-27-2010 07:30 AM

Photobucket

black with tiff stripe is not that bad...
come someone show me tif wit black stripe.

MOOSE 330xi e46 03-27-2010 12:41 PM

i should start selling trees!

then maybe i could own an m3!

kevro 03-27-2010 01:01 PM

I have seen very few two tone paint jobs on bmw that I really liked, the hood and grill area just doesnt work well with two colors. Plus, and this is not meant to be an insult, it is a 323, you will get many faster cars wanting a race because you gave it such an over the top look. If you make it look like it is a 12 sec f&f car then expect some jabs when it isnt even a 14 second car. My gf has a 323, and I love it, its not fast, but its a ton of fun to drive anyway. Keep it simple, if you like tiffany blue, great. have the bmw logos switched to tiff blue, use very small ways to indicate your joy of the color, but dont go too extravagant. Most importantly like someone else already said, it is already a tad dated, in two years you will be ready to throw up everytime you look at it.

op, I hope you dont take offense, but this is the best advice I can give.

if that is your car pictured above with the tiff blue stripe photochopped in, dont mess with it, its a good looking ride, a ride that will get respect from anyone 16 to 80.