E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Daytona International Speedway (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=752606)

Redline 03-29-2010 08:43 PM

Daytona International Speedway

Does anyone know of how I can get on this track? Ive google searched and cannot find any track days yet I hear people talk about them all the time.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

M3peat 03-29-2010 09:39 PM

pbocflorida.com has one event there

Redline 03-29-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3peat (Post 11538190)
pbocflorida.com has one event there

thanks! any idea if there are ever any open track days for the public?

M3peat 03-30-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M=Power (Post 11538256)
thanks! any idea if there are ever any open track days for the public?

I doubt it and I'm not aware of any track that allows open to the public events. Last thing I would want is to be on track with a bunch of people who think they can drive fast. PBOC Florida is a race/Drivers Ed club that anyone can sign up with, if you were thinking it was exclusive or something. I know most clubs weren't even allowed to have events at Daytona for a long time b/c of the speed I'm guessing.

I think Audi club may have had an event or two there also.

Why are you so stuck on Daytona? Sebring, if you haven't been there, is a high speed track and a lot of fun as well. PBOC, NASA, Chin and I'm sure others run there often. There's also Roebling Road near Savannah too, also high speed (at least one straight is).

Redline 03-30-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3peat (Post 11539726)
I doubt it and I'm not aware of any track that allows open to the public events. Last thing I would want is to be on track with a bunch of people who think they can drive fast. PBOC Florida is a race/Drivers Ed club that anyone can sign up with, if you were thinking it was exclusive or something. I know most clubs weren't even allowed to have events at Daytona for a long time b/c of the speed I'm guessing.

I think Audi club may have had an event or two there also.

Why are you so stuck on Daytona? Sebring, if you haven't been there, is a high speed track and a lot of fun as well. PBOC, NASA, Chin and I'm sure others run there often. There's also Roebling Road near Savannah too, also high speed (at least one straight is).

because i live in jacksonville and daytona is the closest track and its gotta be cool going on the almost vertical turns lol...they really need to build a track here...there are so many people racing on the streets in jacksonville its unbelievable...

M3peat 03-30-2010 03:14 PM

unless you are in south jax, savannah isn't that much farther than daytona, sebring is farther but it's worth it if you're serious. There's a reason they don't let many people on daytona, it's a 'killer' track.

I think you would have just as good a time on any track, not just daytona.

Redline 03-30-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3peat (Post 11541493)
unless you are in south jax, savannah isn't that much farther than daytona, sebring is farther but it's worth it if you're serious. There's a reason they don't let many people on daytona, it's a 'killer' track.

I think you would have just as good a time on any track, not just daytona.

true. I'm a little south of Jacksonville. I'll try savannah too.