E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Ask a Site Sponsor (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Suspension Question--Need Clarification Please! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=756896)

DJ Reminisce 04-15-2010 11:39 AM

WTB Suspension---Need Clarification Please!

Well, it has definitely come time (way overdue) to pull the trigger on some suspension for my car. I'm riding on stock shocks at about 75,000 miles, and even though it's not horrible, it is getting relatively bouncy over rough roads.

Now, I have been trying to get a clear and definitive answer on drop height for the Eibach Pro-Kit springs and the H&R Sport Springs, but can't seem to get one, so I beg of the site sponsors to help me out. Here's what I have found directly from the manufacturer web sites:

Eibach Pro-Kit: Drop the car, w/ sport suspension, 1.0" front and 0.8" rear (part number 2067.140)
H&R Sport Springs: Drop the car, with sport suspension, 0.75" front and 0.25" rear (part number 29484)

Is this correct?

Upon reading other threads (lots, and lots, and lots of threads), I have seen so much conflicting information, and when it comes to something as critical as suspension (don't want to end up dropping the car and getting a super raked stance, or start scraping on every driveway), I haven't pulled the trigger since I haven't been able to get the correct information.

If any sponsor can clarify this for me, and heck, maybe even get me a quote for the following set-ups, I'd be very grateful:

1) Eibach Pro-Kit with Koni FSD's, Rear Shock Mounts
2) Eibach Pro-Kit with Koni Yellows, Rear Shock Mounts
3) H&R Touring Cup Kit, Rear Shock Mounts
4) H&R Sport Springs & Koni Yellows

I have already replaced the front CAB and RTAB's on the car about 10,000 miles ago, anything else I'm missing that's crucial for the install?

I was initially thinking of going with the H&R Touring Kit, but don't want a super raked look, and also heard the shocks, even though the internals are Bilstein, aren't very good and can go bad after only 10,000 miles??? Is it possible to remove the lower rear spring pad that comes on the kit in order to remove some of the rake?

I've also read that it appears the Eibach springs lower more when combined with the Koni FSDs? So I hope why you can see the reasoning behind trying to get this information sorted prior to purchase.

I'm in CA, the roads aren't the greatest. Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated (more than you know); could really use some assistance on this so I can pull the trigger soon for summer.

:hi:

DJ Reminisce 04-16-2010 11:03 AM

no sponsors want to make a sale?

ryanwhite74115 04-16-2010 12:53 PM

I thought the tourings lowered a lot less than the sport H&R cup kit, like a lot less.

DJ Reminisce 04-16-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 (Post 11617000)
I thought the tourings lowered a lot less than the sport H&R cup kit, like a lot less.

Indeed, this is correct from what I've gathered

w/ sport suspension (touring/sport springs): .75 F and .25 R
w/ sport suspension (race springs): 1.1 F and 0.9 R

According to the H&R site

Any sponsor know if I'd need camber plates or any major suspension tweaks to run the race springs?

I measured my gaps today, and it looks like I have 1.2 inch F and 0.8 inch R

ModBargains 04-16-2010 06:32 PM

I'll take care of you! Call me up.

Kevin@ModBargains.com