E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   anyone have nittos? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=7629)

bender 05-23-2002 12:25 AM

anyone have nittos?

this guy recommended 19 235/35 nittos for my new wheels. never had experience with nittos...any good $190 a wheel and a road hazzard warranty.

lilherc79 05-23-2002 12:54 AM

nittos are great cheap tires. (monetary speaking) They have the highest treadwear rating at 300/A/A. which means they last the longest. Personally i wouldn't mind going for a set of those. Then again thats just me (Currently running Toyo T1-S) Of course there are plenty of better tires out there. SO3 is one. but costs much more. Wallet deep i guess.

ky! 05-23-2002 02:06 AM

I've had them for fitted on my 19 x 8.5 blitz wheels for about 1k miles so far. I'm no tire expert but I'm happy with them. I actually wanted to get the Toyo T1-S or the Yoko AVS but both were on back order and I couldn't wait.

I had nittos previosly, 235/40/18 on my old wheels. They lasted alittle over 30k miles. That's good considering my car is sitting kinda low on coilovers and cambering in the rear..

I don't know anything about the warranty though.

mfino 05-23-2002 10:05 AM

How are they in the rain?

StreetTrixE4six 05-23-2002 11:47 AM

I had nittos on my maxima and thought they were great tires for the money. I had NT450's. They were very good in the rain as well.

Titan 3 05-23-2002 11:19 PM

I've had 2 sets of 555's.......they rock!!!

-Mike:thumbup: :thumbup:

Chase265 05-24-2002 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by titan 3
I've had 2 sets of 555's.......they rock!!!

-Mike:thumbup: :thumbup:

same here :thumbup:

Cal 05-24-2002 12:55 AM

Nittos are great tires for the money. However, do note that the NT450s are All-Season ultra High Performance tires. That means that they will last longer than pure summer ultra high performance tires (a good thing), but will not handle as great in the dry as the latter (a slight negative). Depending on where you live, one may fit you better than the other. Since I'm in Cali, (no snow, but some rain, mostly sunny), I would rather get something like a Sumitomo HTRZII or even the Kumho 712 (for the same money). These are great cheap tires for the dry, some rain, but NO snow.

Dave 05-24-2002 02:22 AM

In my limited experience with them I rate them as decent. This is from a performance junkie's standpoint though, so in my eyes it's worth the extra money to get S03s or Pilot Sports, both of which are excellent in my eyes. Nittos sure kick the crap out of Contis, but don't come close to those other two, or Toyo (from what I hear, never driven on those). The tires seemed very hard and not sticky, and made a bit more road noise than my michelins, but still held the road decently. I didn't push it or anything in corners but in braking I could feel a difference. I'd have to take a more complete drive before giving a real official recommendation.

Overall, yeah, a great tire for the money, but when I get tires, my personal preference is to just go all out... tires are the only thing on your car that actually meets the road, after all, and it's tires that stop the car... pretty important in my opinion.